• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12972] Weeping Willow showing animation even though animation is turned on low

Preator

This issue is not limited to Willows, as Dony says. I don't see a "blinking" Snowy Charming Tree, but the other behaviours are the same, i.e. too short tooltip screen, 0 second time remaining etc.

jtcTkMY.png

DeletedUser607

yes

I currently have a blinking wally wonker tent

looks weird :D

DeletedUser1771

Thank you guys!

Were your buildings which behave strangely polished by your neighbours or FS members?

I had very crazy experience with my WW, after I replied here. I will share that with you tomorrow :). Now I'm on my way to bed :D.

DeletedUser283

it seems to be the reason why information popups when hovering over a building do not stay on screen, i have a blinking WW at the moment in my city and no popup can stay put;
after reloading the game, the blinking disappears and info popups are displayed as long as the cursor is over a building;

[edit]
the blinking came back while not receiveing any help in the mean time
or maybe the polishing wore off ?
[/edit]

[edit2]
nice one here :
this one had its polishing wearing off lately;
notice :
-hands are still there
-transient popup (tricky capture !) shows "0 seconds" bonus remaining; has been this way for at least one minute
-also note that there is no visible water flowing from the pool - but it does not blink !

Attachments

• ELV_screen_23.jpg
    ELV_screen_23.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

just a funny idea how that bug might happen:

what if the crystal lighthouse is creating that error?

the CL prolongs the neighborly help effect. could it be, that the blinking effect happens just in the timeframe between regular end of help and AW-prolonged end of help? and of course, just buildings with 2 different graphics can blink. the rest tries to blink, but with 2x the same graphics, we can't see any difference.

this would also go inline, that the CL appears to have lost it's prolonging feature, resulting in a loss of culture.

DeletedUser1771

Juni, I think that your idea is not crazy at all.

Philplessis, everything is just like you wrote. I had that type of WW, one was blinking, other wasn't but did have hands above it.

So, when I reloaded game, my both WW started working normally, and both had helping hands and tooltip (which were working ok) showed remaining time for NH. When NH wore off from my first WW it just continued to work normally. But second WW was behaving strangely:

Every time when i would put pointer on it, tooltip would show me less time then it should. For example, i put pointer, tooltip says 36:50m, i remove pointer and position it back on WW. I need 1s to do that, but tooltip says that i have 36:44m, so i remove pointer and again put it back on WW, now I have 36:38, and so on. So, it was like timer was counting down remaining time faster than it should. And when remaining time got to 0 WW started to blink. I reloaded game. And WW again had helping hands above it, and tooltip showed remaining time, about 30 min. Then i was playing with it again, with pointer. So, remaining time got to 0 again, WW started to blink. I reload again, and it was the same, but remaining time was around 15 min. I repeated again, and got around 6 min. this time when it got to 0 WW started blinking but after reload everything was fine.

DeletedUser118

just a funny idea how that bug might happen:

what if the crystal lighthouse is creating that error?

the CL prolongs the neighborly help effect. could it be, that the blinking effect happens just in the timeframe between regular end of help and AW-prolonged end of help? and of course, just buildings with 2 different graphics can blink. the rest tries to blink, but with 2x the same graphics, we can't see any difference.

this would also go inline, that the CL appears to have lost it's prolonging feature, resulting in a loss of culture.

I have that error but no Crystal Lighthouse.

DeletedUser607

I have that error but no Crystal Lighthouse.

quite helpful, since my idea is now ruled out :) (helpful in regards of searching of the root cause).

at least, I've seen that the CL is currently not doing its job in regards of prolonging the polish-duration, which is a bug on its own now :).

DeletedUser118

That could be same cause as the not working bonuses coming from leveled guest races portals.

Dony

King of Bugs
if you keep hovering mouse over 2 polished culture buildings you will notice that times running 3-4 times faster then normal (relog does correct time remaining but it will still go faster), regardless if we have lighthouse or not, but if you have lighthouse and disconnect it and reconnect, time will run with normal speed on polished buildings (there is a chance that with lighthouse time is running even faster but i dont bother to check that)

regardless if we have faster time or normal time, when it reach zero while being online tooltips start blinking

this has most likely to do with recent fix and immediate update of culture bonus (this is like 10th try to correct this, all previous failed :) :
Culture Bonus should now update as soon as it changes, rather than only after a first collection of products

but NH alone can also be somehow bugged because polishing result in this bug
NH on main hall result in different bug reported elsewhere
NH on builder result in different bug reported elsewhere

DeletedUser1771

Ok, how about this: When NH wears off cultural buildings start showing different graphic then they should. And for those with LC that starts after 8h after polishing. I also notice that problem with timer for NH, it speeds up, so NH wears of even before 8h.

DeletedUser283

question : we know that the timer issue exists for elven players with lighthouse; any reports from human players with great bell spire ?

DeletedUser1771

Good thinking Philplessis. We will check humans with AW for culture bonus. All of you, who participate in this thread, are Elves. So am I.

DeletedUser1677

Good thinking Philplessis. We will check humans with AW for culture bonus. All of you, who participate in this thread, are Elves. So am I.
I have a human city on the danish server, with the great bellspire (humans lighthouse) and willows. I have not yet seen any "blinking" willows in my danish city, only my elven city on beta.

Dont know if it helps :)

DeletedUser1771

We checked human towns with Weeping Willows. They start blinking after NH wears off.

So I will close this investigation and confirm this issue. I think that now we have enough data.

Reproduction steps:
1. Set city graphic to low. Have Weeping Willow with NH.
2. When NH wears of WW will start 'blinking'.
3. Reload game. That might cause NH to appears again on NH. When that NH wears off WW will again start blinking. Sometimes WW will stop working and will have mana sign above it. Or it will continue to work normally.

Both, human and elves towns are infected with this bug.
Sometimes other cultural buildings are behaving strange as WW, also when NH wears of them.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Our development team is asking for a video/gif from this problem. Could you please provide us with that?

DeletedUser283

Hi guys,

Our development team is asking for a video/gif from this problem. Could you please provide us with that?

@Marindor , I just did a video capture of one of my WW with the issue;
although the capture ignored my cursor, it possible to see that the WW gets highlighted when the cursor is above it, together with occurnces of the info popup appearing and disappearing;
now the capture, though rather small, is 746 KO;
I tried to send it to you via a message in the forum messageing system but I get an "unallowed file extension" error message...
same thing when trying to upload it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

@Marindor , capture sent
on a side note, while I was taking captures (took 3 of these for safety ;) ) I received help on another WW from a fellow in north america, and ... the willow I observed stopped blinking !

Marindor

Thank you! From the capture we can confirm this is happening, but we're not able to reproduce it properly. Therefore for all affected users, could you please provide us with:

* Your browser and version
* Your Flash version
* Your screen resolution

It would help us a great deal, thank you!