• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12972] Weeping Willow showing animation even though animation is turned on low

DeletedUser118

Game version: v1.23.4-(785f9e5) (2017-02-09 10:50)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Firefox 51.0.1
Flash Player version: 24.0.0.194
Operating System: Win10
Account name: Katzenprinz
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
I have a single weeping willow that is being animated while my animations are turned to low and thanks to this all hovering texts are not really showing. A reload solves the problem though. But its still very annoying if you cannot read those texts all of a sudden.

Maybe its related to the bug where the mana production disappears once you recieve neighborly help or the help ends.

Expected situation:
No animations should be showing on "low".

Reproduction Steps:
1. enter game
2. look around the city
3. watch weeping willows

Screenshots of the bug:
Edit: Screenshot of the hovering text added which shows only for a very short time over the blinking willow.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1677

Does the animation looks like it's blinkin?
Like "water" "less water" "water" "less water"?
If so, then I got the same problem at one of my weeping willows

DeletedUser118

Does the animation looks like it's blinkin?
Like "water" "less water" "water" "less water"?
If so, then I got the same problem at one of my weeping willows

Yes it is. A fellow of mine told me he has the same problem too.

DeletedUser118

On every building. Its like when the goods pop up and show you they are ready to be picked up, but there are no goods. All you see is a blinking willow.

DeletedUser1677

Yeah, just checked, happens at every building.
My goods and workshops is'nt ready, so wonder what's gonna happen when they are ready.

So I hope they'll fix this quickly :/

DeletedUser1677

Try this:
1 Change graphics to medium or high
2 update game/reload page
3 change graphics to low
4 update game/reload page

Looks like it fixed the problem :eek: (for now atleast)

DeletedUser118

if you reload the page it will go away too. But it returns at some point again and I dunno why. Though, I still guess its releated to the bug where the mana production disappears just like stated in my first post.

DeletedUser1677

It made no difference when I just reloaded the page.

But will tell if it returns :)

I can tell that it does nok look like the animated version. The animation is the tree wiping away a tear.
What I saw was blinking between how it looks when ready to collect (no tears, no water flowing from the bowl), and when it's not ready to collect (tears, water flowing from the bowl).

So I do agree, must be related to that bug

DeletedUser118

I added a screenshot of the hovering text which is showing for a short glimpse over the blinking willow once you place the mouse over it. I think this shows all well that its really related to the mana bug, seeing that the remaining time of your neighborly help is "0".

Preator

It seems that this happens when the neighbour help wears off. In that case when you click on the weeping willow, the bar showing the accumulated mana amount shows 0/0 instead of xx/2800 and the early collect hand is at the left side of the bar.

vbVGhMT.png

DeletedUser1833

This was happening to me - hover texts only showing very briefly (no more than a second, mostly less), and sometimes not showing at all - until I refreshed. Please note that I am only in Chapter IV ... so Weeping Willows are not the culprit!

Dony

King of Bugs
does anyone still has this fast tooltips disappearing? it appears to me that only cultural buidlings which received help before update caused this

DeletedUser283

I have transient tooltips as well : they show up and vanish before I can read them
quite unnerving when trying to quick check an AW for KP status:mad:
although I do not have it at the moment, I had it y-day evening;
I just did some tournament fights, then reloaded the game, so this may be why the problem does not show right now : could be connected to some kind of memoty leak when the game is on for a while, maybe because of the floating coins/hands/mana signs

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

Its still there. I had it a bit ago once again as the neighborly help ran out.

DeletedUser1771

Thank you people for your brain storming here. We couldn't reproduce it so far. But with this new info, we might find repro steps.

DeletedUser1877

I has this same problem. Strangely, casting EE on the offending building resolved it and tooltip stays to be read.

DeletedUser607

Thank you people for your brain storming here. We couldn't reproduce it so far. But with this new info, we might find repro steps.

I think, it works this way: have a weeping willow (or any other cultural building that collects mana and shows when it is ripe for collection). if the building was polished, and wears of, the building starts blinking.

essentially it's the already known bug with wearing off of a polish, this time with added blinking. my guess: there are two scripts looking to it once every second (or half second) and finds out, that it doesn't know if 0/0 mana is already enough to collect or not. script 1 detects that 0/0 means full, switches to full, the second script detects that 0/0 is not enough for collection, and reverts the state to empty. blink blink blink blink.

Dony

King of Bugs
im not in woodelf chapter and have this same problem so its not linked to mana (fast blinking of tooltips i mean)

DeletedUser1771

:) Yes! I finally reproduced it! Thanks to you guys!

So, reproduction steps would be:

1. Set your city graphic to low in settings. Have Weeping Willow (WW) in your town.
2. Neighbour or FS member should give you NH help on that WW.
3. Be offline at the time when NH wears off WW.
4. Log in. WW is blinking
blinking between how it looks when ready to collect (no tears, no water flowing from the bowl), and when it's not ready to collect (tears, water flowing from the bowl
Tooltips in town can be seen only for a part of sec. If you are fast enough you can take screenie on that WW and see that tooltip shows for remaining time 0 seconds. Weeping Willow also has NH icon above it (hands are still there). And it is blocked. Clicking on it opens WW window, like on screenie provided by Preator.
LOW.jpg
Note> I had another one polished WW, I was online when NH wore off, and this WW didn't start 'blinking', it just stopped working, still has mana and helping hands signs above it. Clicking on it doesn't do anything. Tooltip (if you catch to print it) says that remaining time is 1:03 min)
upload_2017-2-11_20-53-49.png
5. Reload game. WW looks normal, they work, and still have NH which already wore off :confused:
LOW3.jpg LOW4.jpg

Ok, I have headache now :D. I will be back tomorrow evening with more data.