• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce [12800] Chat cursor moves out of sync when typing longer text

DeletedUser278

Game version: v1.22.4-(5623052) (2017-01-19 14:03)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Google Chrome Versie 55.0.2883.87 m
Flash Player version: version 24,0,0,194
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: FantasyFan
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
When typing in the chat, the cursor moves slowly out of sync. The longer a message you type, the more obvious it becomes. It can eventually be an entire letter out of sync. Which make it hard to place the cursor somewhere manually.

Expected situation:
Cursor stays in the right spot in relation to the text being typed.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open chat
2. Type a long message

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)
chat error.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser278

I have found out it does not happen every time. So I have to change "happens always" to "happens often".

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi FantasyFan, thanks for the update! I will edit your initial post to reflect the new information, but you may like to know for the future that you can edit your own posts by clicking where it says 'Edit' underneath the post, just to the right of the posting date.

DeletedUser1877

I would add I have seen this occasionally on live servers (EN1,2). I Use Firefox, Win 7, so a little more info....

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Could we ask you to please check and make sure your browser zoom is set to 100%? Having your browser zoom at other than 100% can have some very strange effects on the game sometimes. This is especially so with certain browsers, such as Chrome

DeletedUser278

Hi FantasyFan, thanks for the update! I will edit your initial post to reflect the new information, but you may like to know for the future that you can edit your own posts by clicking where it says 'Edit' underneath the post, just to the right of the posting date.

Thanks, I knew that, I just figured changing things might go unnoticed.

Could we ask you to please check and make sure your browser zoom is set to 100%? Having your browser zoom at other than 100% can have some very strange effects on the game sometimes. This is especially so with certain browsers, such as Chrome

Sorry, but that's not it, browserzoom is at 100%. I've tried to find a specific cause, but haven't been able to yet. I did send Marindor a video of it happening, I couldn't upload it here.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks FantasyFan :cool: a change to your post might indeed have gone unnoticed without a separate mention :)
I'm happy to report that we have now reproduced this issue, so setting to confirmed :)