• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12794] Cannot produce goods

DeletedUser1075

Game version: v1.22.3-(a068945) (2017-01-18 9:41)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)
Flash Player version: You have version 24,0,0,186 installed
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Screen resolution: 2736 x 1824
Account name: Grace
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5
(1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
I cannot collect production from settlement buildings and I cannot restart production in these buildings. Workshops seem to work fine.

(EDIT: I cannot collect or restart production from settlement buildings that had finished production and had goods available to be picked up when I started the upgrade. Note that when I started the upgrade, I had to disconnect the building briefly from the trail as I couldn't start it when I disconnected from the road and I had to disconnect from one or the other to have space to build the thing. Oddly, I can start production in the one building that had finished production when I started the upgrade.)

Expected situation:
Collecting and production works as usual, even with a portal in upgrade

Reproduction Steps
**NOTE: I AM UPGRADING MY PORTAL from level 3 to level 4**
Maybe this is the root cause?
1. Have 1 or more wood elf settlement buildings with production ready for collection as evidenced by the "production finished" icon.
2. Collect production
3. Note that buildings show production ready to be collected in the tooltip. The "production finished" icon is missing, and the sleep icon is missing.
4. Reboot game and restart at step 1 (all settlement buildings you tried to collect from have the production ready icon and appear to have completed production and be ready for collection, but this is just a loop that repeats).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

Storage of most of the settlement goods is not restricted, and I am not up against any limits in the three that are. I cannot collect any, restricted or not.

After discussion with my FS members, it does appear that this is linked to the portal upgrade. Since I already had a portal prior to clicking upgrade, production should be allowed to continue while it upgrades. However, my settlement goods production is blocked. Theirs is not, but they're not upgrading their portal right this minute. Ergo, portal upgrade is the culprit. I maintain that this is a bug as an upgrade should not halt production.

But hey, maybe the devs will come up with another answer.

Dony

King of Bugs
there was a bug this year which caused production to immediatelly finish when upgrading portal despite their production times and i guess this fix was supposed to prevent that, but caused different problem.

DeletedUser1075

Upgrade complete and I still cannot produce any settlement goods. Please fix asap as I cannot progress in the tech tree if this isn't resolved.

DeletedUser1075

Here's a little more info that I didn't have originally.

1. Production was ready for collection on 6 marble, 6 steel, 4 lumber settlement manufactories (sorry, not exact names but the shorthand reference should be clear). It was in progress on 3 of 4 forest fabrications.

2. In order to upgrade the portal from level 3 to 4, I tried first to delete the little connecting street square. I was unable to upgrade while the building was disconnected from the street (this is I believe a bug as you should be able to "move and upgrade"). I then moved the building one square over to reconnect to the street, which disconnected it from the forest trail. (It was an either-or situation). The settlement buildings all had little "not connected" signs above them.

3. I clicked upgrade, which connected the portal back to the forest trail and all the settlement buildings. They reconnected with their production complete, but when I tried to collect they just lost the "production finished" icons but retained that info in the tool tip.

4. This condition persisted even after the upgrade completed.

5. I just removed two forest trail squares and replaced them. All buildings EXCEPT the one forest fabrication which seemed to function throughout (I had collected from it prior to upgrading) have restarted their production timer countdowns. I will need to wait 3/9 hours to see if I can actually collect.

In summary - to upgrade a building which is growing in size, you cannot first disconnect from the street (which frankly you should be able to do) and you have a massive production penalty if you move it away from the forest trail in order to put it near the street so you have the room to upgrade. Bit of a fail there, maybe the devs can rethink that behavior and give a bit more flexibility so we aren't dinged on production that we have paid for in resources and time?

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks for the additional information Grace, and apologies for the delayed reply here. We're still trying to reproduce this issue, and hopefully the additional information you have provided will help us do that :)

DeletedUser457

I have the same problem, impossible to collect/produce refined goods or mana tears after an upgrade (1 -> 2) of the forest glade.
I do hope they'll find a solution very soon!

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Apologies for the delayed reply here again folks. We are still unable to reproduce this issue, however we would like to ask you to try disconnecting the affected buildings and reconnecting them, as this has been shown to help some players. You may also need to log out and back in again, or refresh your game in order for this to work.

DeletedUser1777

Unfortunately I have to add another issue to this. Please tell me, if I need to create a bugthread or if it fits in here:

I started today an upgrade of Dwarfen Portal Lvl 2->3, Production of copper and granite was not ready to collect yet but producing.

I needed to disconnect the building from Portal Tracks in order to start the upgrade (it was only connected to basic street).

Now I'm not able to collect my copper anymore (granite works still fine). Always says it's ready, and when I click it the jumping icon disappears.
But I don't get the production in stock and can't start another production. After a reload, the icons are back and jumping. So I'm stucked now completely in Dwarfen chapter :-/

Tried it with a different PC but this didn't help.

Do I need to create a support ticket beside this post?

upload_2017-1-25_21-20-12.png

stock before collecting
upload_2017-1-25_21-21-52.png

upload_2017-1-25_21-21-20.png

Reload and the icon is back

upload_2017-1-25_21-23-24.png

Stock after collecting & relaod
upload_2017-1-25_21-24-16.png

Dony

King of Bugs
Unfortunately I have to add another issue to this. Please tell me, if I need to create a bugthread or if it fits in here:

I started today an upgrade of Dwarfen Portal Lvl 2->3, Production of copper and granite was not ready to collect yet but producing.

I needed to disconnect the building from Portal Tracks in order to start the upgrade (it was only connected to basic street).

Now I'm not able to collect my copper anymore (granite works still fine). Always says it's ready, and when I click it the jumping icon disappears.
But I don't get the production in stock and can't start another production. After a reload, the icons are back and jumping. So I'm stucked now completely in Dwarfen chapter :-/

Tried it with a different PC but this didn't help.

Do I need to create a support ticket beside this post?

View attachment 2020

stock before collecting
View attachment 2022

View attachment 2021

Reload and the icon is back

View attachment 2023

Stock after collecting & relaod
View attachment 2024
i think its this issue
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/cannot-produce-goods.7089/#post-44570

DeletedUser1777

Thank you @Dony - didn't found the thread on my own :(
Hopfully a Mod will move my post to the right thread, will post there a hint too

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I'm having the same issue with Dwarfen Portal, unforunately posted it in the wrong thread. Mayby a Mod will move it into this thread :)

Thanks Flabbes, and Dony - posts moved to this thread :)

We can also now reproduce this issue with the steps given, have confirmed it and will forward it to be fixed :)

DeletedUser1854

I just encountered this problem in my town, however if you disconnect the offending goods producers from the portal BEFORE you attempt to collect the non-existent goods and then reconnect it, the game will reset the building(not the build timer or goods produced) and they will produce normally again. Hope that helps while the devs figure this mess out

DeletedUser

Several people on the Dutch server are now becoming the victim of this bug. Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't seem to help.
When will this bug be fixed?

Jixel

I've also encountered it on the EN2 server, 3 of my Forest Fabrications are showing the same symptoms as above - can't collect productions from them, even after a reload of the game, and can't start new productions.