• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12248] Unable to build/upgrade buildings when population or culture are negative

DeletedUser880

Game version: __ v1.18.3-(ed3dc9d) (2016-11-10 9:45)
Game world: __Beta
Browser + version: __Chrome (Latest auto update)
Flash Player version: __ Included in Chrome
Operating System: __ Windows 10
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __LordBrian
Humans or Elves: __Elf

Reproducibility: _5_/5

Current situation:
Unable to upgrade residence
Unable to build new residence, road or any other building including culture (all greyed out)
Current population -159 (it was negative before upgrade and the value is probably correct)

Expected situation:
Able to upgrade residence if sufficient funds
Able to build any items which have been researched providing there are adequate resources.

Reproduction Steps
Click on upgrade to residence
2. Message - Get population displayed
3. Clicking on message gives the option to spend diamonds

Select build menu
2. All items greyed out
Since the last software upgrade I am unable to level up my residences or build any items.

elvenar36a.png elvenar36b.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1257

Same problem. Also will not let be build new residences or simple trails either. All I assume because my city as about -400 population due to restructuring.

DeletedUser880

It may be because I have negative population, but being unable to build or upgrade residences means I can't get my population growing back again and I cant build any other type of building, including cultural or even a street, all new building options are greyed out.
elvenar36c.png

DeletedUser118

Looks like you need to tear down a building first to free some population.

Though, in my oppinion you should still be able to build residences as they actually provide population. But I guess that's technically not possible.

DeletedUser1257

Cannot tear down what you don't have. The only buildings I have at this point are not able to be deleted. I was in the midst of restructuring my city and so only have the non-deleteable buildings, culture and some residences. Was building my residences back up to get me to positive population before expanding to other buildings, but am dead in the water. As posted above, I cannot even build a basic path because of this.

DeletedUser1549

you don't need population to build residences nor paths

DeletedUser880

for me it seems you do Sakki - everything in the build menu is greyed out - definately a bug!!
Trying to upgrade a residence I get the message - 'Get population'

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@LordBrian could we please ask that you add the information requested in the template to your first post - this will help us to investigate this issue. Additionally please let us know how much available population you have, and if this is more, or less than you had before the update.

It would be immensely helpful if all others that have reported this issue could please let us know at least which race, and also the population information requested from LordBrian, thank you.

DeletedUser1257

you don't need population to build residences nor paths

You do since today's release. Worked fine before though.

My total population is about -450. This is about the same as before the release.

I had cleared my map, except for the required buildings and was slowly rebuilding my population by building and upgrading a couple of residences and adding some culture/population combined buildings ( Wayfarer's Taverns ). As of this updated I cannot build any buildings at all, they are all greyed out, even culture buildings that don't require population. Also, I cannot upgrade my residences as the "Upgrade Button" now says "Add Population" and brings me to a buy Diamonds type popup in clicked on.

This would be fine for buildings that require population, but as these buildings only require gold and tools to upgrade I should be able to upgrade / build them as I have the necessary resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey folks - we have now confirmed this issue and will forward it to be fixed. For now as @Katzenprinz said above, you can sell a building that uses population in order to bring your city back to positive population. This will enable you to build anything once again.

We have also confirmed that having negative culture points will cause the same issue - you will be unable to build anything from the build menu until you once more achieve positive culture points.

I've edited the title of the thread to describe the nature of this bug.

DeletedUser1257

Great, well then I guess I can't play the game until this is fixed. Nice testing job before rolling this update out.

DeletedUser651

I'm out of supplies thanks to the quests being gone. I guess they don't want us playing this weekend.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Following today's hotfix, it should now be possible to build residences again, even when you have negative population. Please let us know if you are able to do this now or not.