• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Heymrdiedier

you need to realize that once they allow us to play spire on manual we will barely have any loss and thus only gain
difficulty is same as round 1-2 in tournament which is rather easy

I sure hope you are right, i assumer map 1 was like round 1-2, map 2 like round 3-4 and map 3 like round 5-6. But that were just guesses since i didnt even do the first fight in spire yet. Wont try it without manual fighting.

why do you think that every player spend all his units in tournament every week? i have enough units to do tournament + spire for the next 6 months, i am stocked and ready

You musnt have high competition on your live server then. I always end up spending more units then i intended to spend, because the competition forces me to just do that bit more (if not it would feel like a waste having killed so many troops for such a low ranking)
I try to save units, i have been foor months (years) but often i find myself out of units of a certain type at end. Only if i would do more manual fights id be able to save troops, but who's got time for 960 manual fights.... (40 provinces)

Dony

King of Bugs
I sure hope you are right, i assumer map 1 was like round 1-2, map 2 like round 3-4 and map 3 like round 5-6. But that were just guesses since i didnt even do the first fight in spire yet. Wont try it without manual fighting.
its more or less for every map, map 3 has only 8% more enemy squad size then yours, so still around round 2 of tournament province

ekarat

It sounds like you can win diamonds from the spire. Why isn't that considered a good reward?

Deleted User - 60107

its more or less for every map, map 3 has only 8% more enemy squad size then yours, so still around round 2 of tournament province
You sure about that? I am at encoutner 7, and the difference is already more than 8%:
My squad size for that encounter: 3258
Enemy squad size for that encounter: 3617
That's already an 11% advantage for the enemy, and I find it hard to believe it will get any better in future encounters.

Dony

King of Bugs
You sure about that? I am at encoutner 7, and the difference is already more than 8%:
My squad size for that encounter: 3258
Enemy squad size for that encounter: 3617
That's already an 11% advantage for the enemy, and I find it hard to believe it will get any better in future encounters.
from my recordings yes, map 1 is harder aswell in that regard

Deleted User - 60107

It sounds like you can win diamonds from the spire. Why isn't that considered a good reward?
What Karvest said. Among the remaining rewards I have the following chances to win Diamonds:
10% chance for 75 Diamonds from encoutner 8
10% chance for 100 Diamonds from encounter 12
50% chance for 30 Diamonds from encounter 16

That's all the possible Diamonds. Best case scenario: 205 Diamonds total. But most of the time I will be lucky to get 30.

from my recordings yes, map 1 is harder aswell in that regard
Sounds to me like the balancing of the first map needs work, then.

DeletedUser

@shadowblack did you miss an encounter with diamonds? i swear I got 15 diamonds but I went so fast didn't really pay attention.
@Dony when you say map do you mean encounters?

Deleted User - 60107

@shadowblack did you miss an encounter with diamonds? i swear I got 15 diamonds but I went so fast didn't really pay attention.
I believe the 15 Diamonds reward is from the fourth encounter, and I THINK I got them, but since I have no way to double-check I'm not sure.

Another question.. Can you fight wave 2 before wave 1?
No, you must fight waves in order 1 > 2 > 3.

maxiqbert

@Muf-Muf

Problem is, that this entire thread is people complaining about they do not want to play it as it is. I'm still not sure you're getting this message.

IMO, there are 3 approaches how the spire could be played.
1. Slow, difficult struggle towards great rewards. You can keep the squad sizes, just make the spire time unlimited. The spire would respawn once the player completes it (possibly with some delay).That would allow players to advance whenever they feel like it or have the excess resources or troops needed. Wouldn't prevent them from tourneying or city building (unless they deliberately choose to rush the spire).

2. Recurring every week, not really compatible with tournaments. Keep the squad sizes and great losses, so players have to choose which one will they participate in.To make it work, needs great boost to rewards (and possibly some guaranteed ones).

3. Recurring every week, compatible with tournaments. You can keep the petty rewards, but needs to decrease the squad sizes and negotiating cost a lot.

Inno just needs to make up their mind about how it is meant to be played. Problem is, the current approach combines the worst of all of the above.

Some very good ideas were given here,
I sure do hope this post is taken into account.

DeletedUser1739

But...that's
I'd be careful with expectations of anything "soon" - that word has meant anything from "hours" to "months" to "years" to "never" in this game :p
I hope it will be maximum in months and not years or never.
Many of us hope for a novelty that would benefit the entire brotherhood and not individually.

Even if we decide together to make a 10 chests in the tournament or not, the rewards are still individual.

While with the eternity tower, we can make sure that this benefits the brotherhood.

This kind of thing has often been discussed on the live forums and it seems to me that you too SoggyShorts, you had a suggestion going in this direction.

I fear that if they do not do this, this novelty will gradually fall out of favor as brotherhood adventures.

In conclusion, let's wait and see. :p

Deleted User - 62044

This is a great challenge, many troops are needed, many resources, many wonders and buildings for battles and battles.

I am a small player and I do not fight, this is not for us, it's over, I do not lose a second more in this invention for rich and bored players, I am modest and I have a lot of city to build and many races to discover, hopefully the rich boring players have fun because the poor players are out of our range.

DeletedUser1953

This is a great challenge, many troops are needed, many resources, many wonders and buildings for battles and battles.

I am a small player and I do not fight, this is not for us, it's over, I do not lose a second more in this invention for rich and bored players, I am modest and I have a lot of city to build and many races to discover, hopefully the rich boring players have fun because the poor players are out of our range.

It is only the first version. Do not mistake between endgame & "rich" players. Inno need to give some fun to end game user too ^^
But even some "endgame user" can not finish the spire, it is very unbalanced and it is only partial version (no catering for example).

ekarat

What Karvest said. Among the remaining rewards I have the following chances to win Diamonds:
10% chance for 75 Diamonds from encoutner 8
10% chance for 100 Diamonds from encounter 12
50% chance for 30 Diamonds from encounter 16

That's all the possible Diamonds. Best case scenario: 205 Diamonds total. But most of the time I will be lucky to get 30.

Sounds to me like the balancing of the first map needs work, then.

Over the long term, that averages out to around 32.5 diamonds/week. And that's not including the 15 diamond reward mentioned elsewhere.

Honestly, for that, I'd do a little less tournament every week. Due to diminishing returns, it wouldn't even make that much of a difference in tournament rewards for any FS that easily gets 10 chests already.

The problem as I see it is the same problem I saw when this was announced -- it competes for the same resources weekly as the tournament, which results in bad feelings in players who have to decide to miss out on one or the other -- people don't want to feel like they are missing out.

Eventually, I think it will be tweaked to the point where people will do both. Adding in negotiations will help. Reducing squad sizes will help. Allowing manual fighting will help, but not if manual fighting becomes effectively required.

Still, I feel that this fills the same spot as tournaments, so it is redundant. However, I don't think they will scrap it entirely.

charlemagne3

Perhaps before this was released they should have told us to have zillions of troops in reserve. It is taking me 2 days to rebuild enough troops to try again at one of these 2 wave things and of course it results in failure. So by the time I rebuild I've forgotten the combination that failed. This needs serious reduction in the number and strength of the troops required. I suppose at some point it comes down to some mystical combination that will only work if you have the AW's and other war mongering things at full strength.