• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [11468] Cancel & Move not possible when all builders are occupied

Elevenar

Game version: v1.11.3-(683236c) (2016-07-21 9:20)
Game world: BETA 1
Browser + version: Chrome Version 52.0.2743.82 m
Flash Player version: You have version 22,0,0,209 installed
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Elevenar
Humans or Elves: Humans (for sure ;) )

Reproducibility: 5/5 = happen always

Current situation:
I try to cancel-move an upgrading-to-level-20 4x3 residence back to 5x2 (level 19). This is not possible, cause the downgraded dragging building won't fit anywhere. First I made space 5x2, later 6x4 ... could not move the building there.
Canceling itself works, so this is not a dublicate to https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/10728-cancel-upgrade-not-working.5457/

Expected situation:
Cancel-move should respect available building ground.

Screenshots:
_3 was taken later, where I already "fixed" the streets back to normal.

20160729 bug_cancel_move_2.gif

Attachments

• 20160729 bug_cancel_move_1.gif
    20160729 bug_cancel_move_1.gif
    311.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 20160729 bug_cancel_move_3.gif
    20160729 bug_cancel_move_3.gif
    475.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

DeletedUser

I can confirm this, It is not working for me as well. Same exact situation - cancel/move

Marindor

Sorry, apparently it is a different issue, I have reopened it now. Could anyone with similar issues, please also post a complete bug report template here so we can loook for common factors? :)

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately it turned out that we cannot reproduce it (anymore?) in v1.12.4-(f3617cd) (2016-08-08 9:41).

Marindor

Hi all,

Could anyone please add more precise reproduction steps? We know there are problems for there are multiple reports on this, but we're still not able to reproduce this ourselves so we need more precise steps to find the cause of this. What actions are taken exactly before hitting the "cancel/move"?

DeletedUser

It was unable to cancel any L20 upgrades (I tried 6-8 different ones). Whether it was in the "upgrade and move" stage, or whether it had already been placed successfully. So, there was no specific reproducible precursor step in my case.

I just tried on a L21 that was well into an upgrade, and it cancelled properly.

Marindor

YES! Found the issue! This happens only when a building in upgrade is placed in a spot where it isn't connected to a road! In this case, it has to be connected to a road before cancelling becomes available again.

So reproduction steps:
1. Upgrade any building
2. Move it to a spot where it isn't connected to a road (either manually or by "move & upgrade" when it becomes a different size
3. Observe the building not being clickable to cancel it
4. Move it back to a road connection
5. Observe cancelling becoming possible

DeletedUser1513

NO Marindor! This is not what we mean!
Look to these 2 examples:
1) Look to the picture called upgrading...
The building is clearly connected to a road!
2)In that case: move and cancel as indicated in the related picture
3)The picture cannot place shows clearly a place where it should be able to place but were the red mark indicated that the placement is not allowed

2nd case:
1)look to move2. clearly connected to the road at 4 places
2)cancel and move
3) Cannot place look to move2_NOK

For me it's easier to find situations when cancel and move is not working than any occasion where cancel and move is working!

Please start reading the post that people make and check your findings against those checks, before jumping to conclusions!
If you want us to keep on spending documenting the issues then please crosscheck your 'solutions' against the reported issues.

Attachments

• upgrading.png
    upgrading.png
    377.5 KB · Views: 158
  • move andcancel.png
    move andcancel.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 153
  • cannotplace.png
    cannotplace.png
    288.6 KB · Views: 149
  • move2.png
    move2.png
    312.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Move 2 NOK.png
    Move 2 NOK.png
    402.2 KB · Views: 160

DeletedUser1513

It was unable to cancel any L20 upgrades (I tried 6-8 different ones). Whether it was in the "upgrade and move" stage, or whether it had already been placed successfully. So, there was no specific reproducible precursor step in my case.

I just tried on a L21 that was well into an upgrade, and it cancelled properly.
I was able to cancel cancel a L21 resisdence
See move 3, but that was because it was connected to a road at the righthand side, AND that there was free space at the lefthand side.
Where it didn't indicate "cancel and move", but just "cancel" as indcated in teh 3 pictures atatched.

Attachments

• move 3.png
    move 3.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 160
  • move3_2.png
    move3_2.png
    115 KB · Views: 140
  • move 3_ok.png
    move 3_ok.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 149

DeletedUser1513

Let's try to make a kindergarden-proof description...
1) take a level 20 residence start an upgrade to level 21. the shape changes...
2) Move the residence to a place connected to a road, where it is at the lefthand side directly connected to another building or a road on all spots.
3) i you now want to cancel it it shall indicate cancel and move
4) I bet you nowhere find a place where you can put the Level 20 building, even if the building is completely surrounded by free space or roads it will not accept to place it! teh area below the building will stay red colors indicating that you cannot place the building, instead of turning to green color if the placing shall be accepted.

This is really my last try to explain this issue...

Marindor

Ok, let's put this back to investigation then.

1) take a level 20 residence start an upgrade to level 21. the shape changes...

The shape changes from level 19 to level 20. I have tried this with the upgrade from level 19 to level 20, for that is when the shape changes and that is what @bobbipiazza indicated in her post. So just to be clear: Is it when cancelling an upgrade from level 19 to level 20 or from level 20 to level 21?

Also, I have followed the "Kindergarden" steps you described above and still can't reproduce this. Please see attachments in the order 01-06.gif . Now did we forget a reproduction step or do I have to so something differently here to reproduce it?

Attachments

• 01.gif
    01.gif
    371.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 02.gif
    02.gif
    331.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 03.gif
    03.gif
    344.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 04.gif
    04.gif
    294.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 05.gif
    05.gif
    320.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 06.gif
    06.gif
    279 KB · Views: 165

Dony

King of Bugs
the difference i see between Marindor and above from Jouchka is that they are using 2 tiles which are same in both cases, and game can just tell that 2 tiles are filled and can not place building there

DeletedUser1513

What you did I never ever managed to do...
This is the first time I see a prove that the cancel and move is indeed working

DeletedUser1513

It's indeed the cancelling when the shape changes, in the other cases you cannot have the cancel and move, it will be just cancel.

Marindor

Yes, that's why this one is taking so long now for I know something must be wrong, or else there wouldn't be this many reports about it but still we have no exact reproduction steps. Are we overlooking something?