• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Fairy Queen's Garden

Aeva

I just think that it's all in the game.
I have no problem with the quests whether I can fullfill these or not. It's like real life... sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not. Sometimes you are not far enough in the game (very early chapter) or stuck (orcwall) or all your stuff is occupied (some of the late chapters maybe). And sometimes you made a wrong decision (like instantly using everything you win). These are realities but not neccesary up for rethinking the quests by the devs.
Remains that there are a few quests that some players cannot do because of the way the game is structured and that is a problem in my opinion.

Lelanya

I just think that it's all in the game.
I have no problem with the quests whether I can fullfill these or not. It's like real life... sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not. Sometimes you are not far enough in the game (very early chapter) or stuck (orcwall) or all your stuff is occupied (some of the late chapters maybe). And sometimes you made a wrong decision (like instantly using everything you win). These are realities but not neccesary up for rethinking the quests by the devs.
Remains that there are a few quests that some players cannot do because of the way the game is structured and that is a problem in my opinion.
Well, and that is why we give feedback, so that the event is hopefully playable for most people.

CrazyWizard

Well, and that is why we give feedback, so that the event is hopefully playable for most people.
It's playable for all players except those that in most cases deliberately stonewall themselves.

And even of you purposely or accidentely stonewall yourself there is still an escape, you just have to sacrifice some daily prizes on it to get the items you need to move on.

So there is always a solution.

Aeva

So there is always a solution.
And that is not true as argued before.
Specifically if you play by the guidelines of Elvenar you can be orcwalled, just because you play all the events and move slowly through the researchtree as Pauly argued.
And you might have been unlucky and did not win any troopinstants.
A situation like that should not occur. That means that one of the quests should be replaced.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Specifically if you play be the guidelines of Elvenar you can be orcwalled, just because you play all the events and move slowly through the researchtree as Pauly argued.
A situation like that should not occur. That means that one of the quests should be replaced.
Not really, in fact if you play like a non veteran, and arent shoved bucketloads of goods from a big account it's not that easy to be orcwalled before you reach the orcs.

In fact most often you are more struggling aquiring enough provinces to move on instead of being stuck.
Orcwalled is either an extreme fanatic player like I was when I started (but there was no orcwall at that time there was not even an orc.
Dwarves where just released) or it are veterans using there knowledge and some goods throwing around to hit that wall to soon.

It's not that easy for a new player to aquire the goods required to unlock that many provinces that quickly.

Enevhar Aldarion

Specifically if you play be the guidelines of Elvenar you can be orcwalled, just because you play all the events and move slowly through the researchtree as Pauly argued.

No, it just means you have to contact Support in-game and they should complete the quest for you.

Pauly7

Not really, in fact if you play like a non veteran, and arent shoved bucketloads of goods from a big account it's not that easy to be orcwalled before you reach the orcs.
This all depends how you play. When I started I made a conscious decision to move slowly through the storyline. As much as anything this was because I didn't want to hit "end-game" so after the first 5 chapters I only completed them as quickly as they released more. This leaves plenty of time to scout provinces and I was "orc-walled" probably before I reached Fairies. There were several of us in the fellowship at a similar stage and we were all in the same boat. Granted these days they make it possible for people to move at twice the speed as you could when we started playing, but that still doesn't stop people making the decision to not hurry.

The point is that these people exist, and not through some outlandish fanatical game decision. Therefore this quest requirement shouldn't exist. In the past they've always backtracked on quest requirements that exclude a certain group of people. This time they haven't and I still feel like the strongest likelihood is that they haven't read any of this and haven't had it passed to them, so they are unaware. This also seems to be the one and only occasion (this event and the previous) that they have insisted that the encounters only be completed by negotiating. That's the only stupid thing about it and could easily be fixed.

I gave a hypothetical example (it might have been on another forum) where I said something along the lines of: If they had a quest which said "Use 1 inspiring mediation spell of gain 1,000 orcs", would that be OK? It would affect more people, but the concept is the same that it's excluding a group of players from completing a quest.

FYI, the unit instants from today's daily don't, in fact, work on this quest. Just says it all really. As I said I'm just not playing this event now. Mostly just on principle, but also because I'm no longer even sure that the meagre rewards even outweigh the extra resources you may use completing the quests. The only thing I will miss out on is unit instant daily prizes.

Aeva

If you are suggesting that I shoved bucketloads of goods et cetera then I can only say that I am offended.
The city I mentioned before is not a pushaccount on behalf of a bigger city or vice versa. Just letting you know. Nor am I experimenting with a very small and very lean city in order to dominate the tournaments or maintaining a second account in order to gain diamonds for my main city.

Droopy

This quest was also in the previous event on Live and everyone in my FS couldn't do this one. Luckily the other OR side of the quest was doable, but most of the players didn't even understand the quest.
IMO the quest with using troopinstants should be removed, because its confusing and many members didn't even got them.

Burger Meister Meister

The quests are reasonable, not too difficult, not too easy.
I really do hate the "shuffle" game prize board. The 3 chest system is so much better
The prizes on the game board for chapter 6 - Dwarves are not very satisfying.
Very little incentive to participate in the event. I will play it only for the purpose of testing it out and looking for bugs.

Arthus

Lack of space for everything made events boring and not worth to do.
You can't benefit if you can't place it.
If there won't be more expansions to get by other means the game will die before 2023.

Lovec Krys

@Arthus Depends what you mean by "die".
Games can be dying for a very long time. So it is possible that by 2033 Elvenar will be still around, but played by 2-3% of it's current player base.

SoggyShorts

Hey all, I'm on mobile only, what are the odds for 7 or 9 artifacts?
Last shuffle system it was basically 100% chance at 7 even if you paid to shuffle 33x (so whenever you won the daily)
Thanks

Enevhar Aldarion

Last shuffle system it was basically 100% chance at 7 even if you paid to shuffle 33x (so whenever you won the daily)
Thanks

Including the two from the milestone rewards, I am already at 8 artifacts. I think I have paid for the shuffle only a couple of times. Would have been more if I had gotten the daily sooner. And I keep opening the boxes until I get the two with the extra flowers, which has also kept me from having to pay for a shuffle. Managed to use the 2x on the extra flowers a few times already too.

UlyssesBlue

Thanks
I can't tell you exact odds, but in the past I've found one technique that worked well for me was to always note when some of the random prizes included bonus event currency/flags/etc, then I'd keep opening the random prizes until I'd got all the bonus event currency available. Once I'd won them all, I'd stop until the next day, unless there were other prizes available that I really wanted. I would rarely pay for shuffle unless it was a very good prize that I really wanted multiples of. This technique gets more artifacts, but less daily prizes, and in the past was generally enough for me to get 9 artefacts. The technique you describe is optimised to get more daily prizes and less artefacts, so I would say is probably not quite enough to get 9.

salandrine

daily prices are just a joke, its no fun anymore.

I am Chapter 16 and I get a daily with supplies?!? Second time in this event. Thats really not funny. If someone needs supplies in this chapter more than only one time, there is something really really wrong with his city.

Skillpowers

I can't tell you exact odds, but in the past I've found one technique that worked well for me was to always note when some of the random prizes included bonus event currency/flags/etc, then I'd keep opening the random prizes until I'd got all the bonus event currency available. Once I'd won them all, I'd stop until the next day, unless there were other prizes available that I really wanted. I would rarely pay for shuffle unless it was a very good prize that I really wanted multiples of. This technique gets more artifacts, but less daily prizes, and in the past was generally enough for me to get 9 artefacts. The technique you describe is optimised to get more daily prizes and less artefacts, so I would say is probably not quite enough to get 9.
you can easely get to 9 artefacts , but as you say you do "shuffle" so chances are smaller then., i have never used the shuffle option and just save up the points for 1/2 buildings that i want

Arthus

I've got 2nd building already. It's similar to "May Tree" event last year, easy to get 2 buildings without buying diamonds.
Ofc if you waste on shuffle, then no.

Building is nice in statistics but animators got very lazy and it looks underwhelming. The only animated part of it at level 10 is Fairy Queen.
There could be some waterfall, fireflies, anything to make it more living.