• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival 2021

SoggyShorts

The only problem is that it is again pop/cult/mana instead of needed cult/mana, and that extra pop means that 2 chapters old Lava Eggs are 50% more productive for mana than this.
I still support hybrids (and reject any calculation that isn't per/square), but this particular hybrid doesn't perform well on any front.
Accounting for the population it's not better than a mana sawmill, and I think that the bar for special event prizes must be set higher than everyday craftables.
The tooltip in the game has a running time of 12 hours and Elvenarchitekt 24 hours, with the values in the game it wouldn't be so bad !
My tooltip says 24
auer.png

FieryArien

Weird. In iOS app it’s 24 hours.
In the event screen:
13C85849-855F-48B0-996A-A38581546376.jpeg
As well as in inventory (I haven’t placed it yet):
EBB82B53-6730-4896-91B0-57BA2246285E.jpeg

(And I also find it pretty, there was no other reason to spend my event currency on it.)

EDIT: isn’t there an early collect after 12 hours?? This information should be always present in the buildings’ stats. :-( I find the info extremely useful, but I’m repeatedly surprised to be the only one with that opinion.

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts
Lava Egg XV - 64000/48h, 4x4, mana/h=1333, mana/h/1 square = 83,31
Aureate Willow XVII 8000/24h, 3x2, mana/h=333, mana/h/1 square = 55,50
For my Unur beta city, Lava Eggs from Elvenar chapter still produces 58% more mana per square per hour than Aureate Willows.
I blame the extra pop for the low mana production of Aureate Willow and that's why i dislike cult/pop/mana hybrids.

Uffauffa

From the italian blog, I understood that the daily missions are 23. If this is correct, we have at least a very short time to complete the last one, as the official countdown reads 22 days left.
If this is the real situation, maybe I suggest to switch the first daily mission to the first series of quests (like it has been during the last event).
About the number of days/episodic quests: this has also been forwarded.
Since then, no further feedback, if I am correct.
Today I've notice the number of missions is now 74, from the original 75.
As the daily quest is "on the schedule", I suppose the problem has been solved by deleting the daily quest 75 (23rd daily quest).
Maybe quick and easy solution for the devs, but not good for us, as we lost 75 candies. :confused:
Next time I will shut up my keybord... :rolleyes::p

Arthus

No, it is not a lootbox mechanic unless the only way to get the best stuff is to spend real money. The Netherlands passed lootbox laws a couple of years ago, which forced several games to no longer be available there. I wonder if that is part of the reason Inno stopped doing the events with the three big grand prizes, where it was nearly impossible to get all three without spending money?

GW2 also had another way to get real money outside Black Lion Chests and it was banned too for lootboxes in Belgium and other countries.
Inno Games now "proposes" you to buy extra offer like whole set of bears + artifacts or siren/gingerbread + artifacts for half of Polish monthly salary which is often more than money left after paying bills.

I see no difference between other game chests and chests from elvenar events.
Same low % of chance for big rewards like 500 currency (which is half of artifact). Buy more diamonds -> more chances to get (usually won't get).
That's hazard.

The strategic way of getting currency (via Academy mystic object) was also deleted.
What is left from "strategy" word in this game?
I see all is "lottery" not "strategy"

Jackluyt

There is a small issue with the Encounters Quests, which are paired either with Spire or Tournament as alternatives - which was a considerable improvement compares to the original, and well done to the designers!
:)
But I believe it would make things so much easier to allow either Spire or Tournaments as a single standard alternative!
As things stand, if this quest appears when you have less than 6 Spire Encounters available, you have to wait to Sunday to progress; if you are finished Tournaments you would have to wait till Tuesday. But if they both counted, the longest you would have your event at a stand-still would be from 11 pm Saturday till 5 pm Sunday CET - much better.

One of my small cities failed to finish the last event because of losing two days three times.

I would suggest changing this quest to Finish x encounters of any kind.
That would be so much simpler!
I hope the designers will consider this in future.
:)

Marindor

Since then, no further feedback, if I am correct.
Today I've notice the number of missions is now 74, from the original 75.
As the daily quest is "on the schedule", I suppose the problem has been solved by deleting the daily quest 75 (23rd daily quest).
Maybe quick and easy solution for the devs, but not good for us, as we lost 75 candies. :confused:
Next time I will shut up my keybord... :rolleyes::p

This has been covered by 75 candy being added to the milestone reward :)

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts
Lava Egg XV - 64000/48h, 4x4, mana/h=1333, mana/h/1 square = 83,31
Aureate Willow XVII 8000/24h, 3x2, mana/h=333, mana/h/1 square = 55,50
For my Unur beta city, Lava Eggs from Elvenar chapter still produces 58% more mana per square per hour than Aureate Willows.
I blame the extra pop for the low mana production of Aureate Willow and that's why i dislike cult/pop/mana hybrids.
Some corrections:
Lava Egg XV - 64000/48h, 4x4 + 2 roads, mana/h=1333, mana/h/1 square = 74.07
Aureate Willow XVII 8000/24h, 3x2 +1 road -1.3 sq of magic residence pop, mana/h=333, mana/h/1 square = 58.47
That makes the Lava egg 26% better, not 58% better. This also doesn't account for culture, but that's pretty negligable.

Since you go through this every single event, it might be time to change your perspective. Perhaps those lava eggs were massively overpowered and not what inno wanted as a balance to mana costs. I mean we could complain every 30 days that the Grand prize isn't as good as a fire chicken too, but at some point, we have to accept that inno makes some pretty huge mistakes when it comes to balancing and they almost never fix them in the way we'd like.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts I don't see a 48h production of 2 chapters old building worth 1-2 Spire negotiating tries as overpowered.
I thing it's the mana costs which is greatly out of balance in the latest chapter(s).
There's no balancing when they rise mana consumption several times between chapters without rising the production.
And getting only mana/pop/cult hybrids with low mana production makes it only worse (especialy for those who don't have large amount of older cult hybrids in their inventories (as well as enough teleports)).

My main complaint for this building is that there has been no mana/cult building for several events bigger than 2x2, only mana/pop/cult buildings, and players with old mana/cult buildings have no way of upgrade their (up to several chapters) old hybrids.

Arthus

Let me remind you what you were complaining about all the time. Screenshot taken by you:

Would you really like to see more views of that kind ? Better think twice ;)

No, this was result of someone getting 180 keys per quest in day 1 of event (it was changed to 80 maximum per quest in day 2, noon server time.
Of course that person had no information that 180 per quest will be in day 1 only, of course.

As you don't remember i reminded to you.

But it's ok if you don't remember. You don't remember also your whole fellowship using instant units bug for week or more to produce units for weeks if not for months (i reported this bug) , and making more points in spire than there's maximum possible, by using "points not dropping after leaving by someone" mechanic to farm more points with another accounts.

Gingerbread event if you don't recall, had fair endless questline with limited earnings.

CrazyWizard

No, this was result of someone getting 180 keys per quest in day 1 of event (it was changed to 80 maximum per quest in day 2, noon server time.
Of course that person had no information that 180 per quest will be in day 1 only, of course.

But it's ok if you don't remember. You don't remember also your whole fellowship using instant units bug for week or more to produce units for weeks if not for months (i reported this bug) , and making more points in spire than there's maximum possible, by using "points not dropping after leaving by someone" mechanic to farm more points with another accounts.
unlimited == just that unlimited, you can throw recources at it when something like that passes by again.
You are only limited by the recources you can throw at it.

So yeah this will happen agains is another phoenix / bear 2.0 comes along and "working hard" is the determining factor.

Arthus

unlimited == just that unlimited, you can throw recources at it when something like that passes by again.
You are only limited by the recources you can throw at it.

So yeah this will happen agains is another phoenix / bear 2.0 comes along and "working hard" is the determining factor.

This guy brings his 24 bears as an excuse to not allow "unlimited questline" again, while his 24 bears are not because of unlimited questline, it's due to sitting in elves chapter to have low levels of workshops and manufactories needed for event (back then they brought 3 chapters before your current chapter requirement, he had from dwarves as he was in woodelves, as we were in constructs and we had to have halflings workshops and manufactories which were much bigger and took longer to build. So he had much more to make quests in.

galrond

It´s not as much the unlimited q line as the fact, that they hand out dublicate bases to their evolving buildings :eek:
They keep saying, that the evolving buildings should be special. They´re not THAT special if ppl can have more than one o_O
There would be no problem in unlimited q lines, if the building rewards (except one uniqe) were only slightly better than craftable buildings.
That ppl would "work a little harder" to get a little more formulars, relics, troop tokens, KP, timeboosters...... That would be just fine by me. That´s essencially what ppl do in spire and tournament all the time......

Arthus

Idk. There must be a golden balance found.
The way it was with endless questline had flaws and this now is event makeable in 1-2 days and 20-30 days of rest is boredom.
It's the job of the team to find that balance. Other way, the current exodus from the game will continue.
Bringing more evolution buildings offering KPs to new players and making chapters easier for them won't make up.

Eilin

Gingerbread event if you don't recall, had fair endless questline with limited earnings.

@Arthus, today you wrote a lot of nasty posts on the PL forum that were deleted by moderators. That made you very frustrated, of course... Moments later, you moved your frustration here to the beta forum, and again you make unfair accusations against the player you have been jealous of for years. Stop it! Just stop bothering people with your personal problems!

Last edited: