• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Jammin

Thanks ... but I can’t seem to do the light up
This is so frustrating... just knowing I’m wasting so much ... think I’ll give up
Don't give up You can buy new light sources in the Magic Light Shop with event currency when you solve the quest. the shop is located when you click on the green + above the Daily Exclusive

edeba

I’ve read this thread ... hopelessly lost can’t understand how it works
I can pick up something from the right ... but can’t place it onto to misty thing at all
@HappyRose In this screen shot what I've done is taken FF and put it over an empty/cleared square and the 5 that are whiter are the squares that will be cleared when I actually click on the space. The two duller square are already cleared.
1601572221487.png

This is the same set up without trying to place the FF.
1601572408730.png

If I was to try and place the lantern one square to the left of where I showed the FF, you would see the 4 squares above that one light up, showing you that they would be cleared.

tradescantia

I seem to have to reload the game board to make anything happen. I try and try and nothing happens, close the window, go back in and a bunch of stuff appears and I have no idea how it got there. This is NOT intuitive at all.
ETA: ok, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Part of the confusion is that the cursor stays as the item you picked, so if for example I use a candle, I think I'm using a candle again when I collect the prize. Also knowing from the beginning that you have to clear a patch of fog before you can do anything else would have been helpful.

Last edited:

Burger Meister Meister

Game play update:
Okay after wasting several candles I think that I have finally figured out how the mini-game works and I like it. Its actually kind of addictive.
However I have opened several of the "gifts" but no daily prize yet :(

I think that as I progress further along and accumulate more candles I will enjoy it more.

iDavis

Hm, is it intended that the chests do not provide specific "boxes" of rewards based on what kind of chest it is but it is random? I have already had 2 times cauldron with a fire in the bottom, but it everytime provided a different set of rewards.
Based on the fact that there are 12 different graphics for chests and 12 different boxes of prizes, I would assume that each box is assigned to one chest..

Enevhar Aldarion

If is an easy system if you have played other games that use this in events. If you have not, then yes, it will take some getting used to. If their version of this works the way other games do it, what is hidden in the fog is randomly generated for each player, so there is no pattern that can be discovered and followed by everyone else.

Also, everyone remember to collect the ghost cats. Those are not just decorations, they are what you need to earn the grand prizes.

palmira

If is an easy system if you have played other games that use this in events. If you have not, then yes, it will take some getting used to. If their version of this works the way other games do it, what is hidden in the fog is randomly generated for each player, so there is no pattern that can be discovered and followed by everyone else.

Also, everyone remember to collect the ghost cats. Those are not just decorations, they are what you need to earn the grand prizes.
It is a completely stupid system, I just hope I understand the mechanics before this thing hits the live servers, presenting this cold to us, with zero explanations only Inno would think is a great idea. I have wasted a lot of lights, I have 18 ghost cats and still don't have a clue how this is supposed to work.

DeletedUser2378

Ooooh, this is a fun one! It takes some getting used to, with how to use those light sources... but after that, it's enjoyable to try to unlock the blocks to find the lost items for a chance to win the daily exclusive and then finding those spirits on the path to gain points towards the grand prize.
Love the graphics and concept for this event! Who doesn't like trying to find a green cat spirit? ;) Well done!

guivou

need more explanation , all my candles lost for nothing (need to wait having 420 ingredients to continue )

worst on mobile device , drag and drop have an unpredictable result

Last edited:

DeepTerminal

There are 3 major issues with the UI:
  1. There are 3 types of tiles - clear tiles, visible fogged tiles (adjacent to clear tiles in which loot can be seen), and invisible fogged tiles (in which loot cannot be seen). The problem is that clear tiles and invisible fog tiles are very similar in color, and it's very hard initially to see that they are fogged. The texture of invisible fogged tiles has to be changed to show that they are even more heavily fogged than the visible fogged tiles. The current visual design doesn't make any sense and pretty confusing for first-time players.
  2. The drag and drop mechanic is very problematic on mobile. Currently, the item will drop on the tile that your finger is touching, which is below the tiles that the icon is pointing at. Even though the tiles light up when you drop an item, it's still very easy to misplace. If you go by the icon of the item, you will end up placing it one tile below where you want to place. The execution is very counter-intuitive.
  3. There needs to be better explanation about where an item can be placed. A candle can only be placed on a fogged tile, while a lantern and flask can only be placed on a clear tile. Although it's pretty easy to figure out, it should still be better explained to those who are... too slow to understand, as evidenced in this thread.
The multiple typos in the announcement also shows a clear sloppiness by the communications team/person. I hope they step up their quality control. Inno is not a small company in the mobile market, and this many mistakes and design problems really shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

There are 3 major issues with the UI:
  1. There are 3 types of tiles - clear tiles, visible fogged tiles (adjacent to clear tiles in which loot can be seen), and invisible fogged tiles (in which loot cannot be seen). The problem is that clear tiles and invisible fog tiles are very similar in color, and it's very hard initially to see that they are fogged. I recommend changing the color of those tiles to show that they are even more heavily fogged than the visible fogged tiles. The current visual design is confusing and counter-intuitive for first-time players.
  2. The drag and drop mechanic is very problematic on mobile. Currently, the item will drop on the tile that your finger is touching, which is below the tiles that the icon is pointing at. Even though the tiles light up when you drop an item, it's still very easy to misplace. If you go by the icon of the item, you will end up placing it one tile below where you want to place. The execution is very counter-intuitive.
  3. There needs to be better explanation about where an item can be placed. A candle can only be placed on a fogged tile, while a lantern and flask can only be placed on a clear tile. Although it's pretty easy to figure out, it should still be better explained to those who are... too slow to understand, as evidenced in this thread.
1. Yes, they are hard to tell apart. But since you are always moving to the right, it is not as bad as it could be to tell them apart.
2. I play on both mobile and browser and I do not plan to do that part of the event at all on mobile. The screen is just too small and it is too easy to mess up.
3. highlight the blue I next to each light and it will tell you how to use it. Those blue information I's are used all over the game, so anyone other than the newest players should know to look at them for help.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

It is a completely stupid system, I just hope I understand the mechanics before this thing hits the live servers, presenting this cold to us, with zero explanations only Inno would think is a great idea. I have wasted a lot of lights, I have 18 ghost cats and still don't have a clue how this is supposed to work.
Maybe, just maybe if you don't fully understand the new system don't click like crazy until you do?

DeletedUser2526

Definitely a game play to acquire but hey... I thought WONKY WALTER or what ever it was back then was confusing...lol thats why we have BETA.. so on my LIVE worlds I will be more comfortable with the concept...makes me use my BRAIN..
tenor.gif

palmira

Maybe, just maybe if you don't fully understand the new system don't click like crazy until you do?
And how do you think I will understand if we have no explanation from Inno? I tried to follow the (very) insufficient explanations provided, on the app, gave up, tried when I arrived home on my PC and there is zero logic on the thing, I have no idea how to proceed now . You should remember not everybody plays other Inno games (I for sure have no intention of doing so). A video elucidating how to do would be quite more helpful then the self congratulatory one released...

Enevhar Aldarion

And how do you think I will understand if we have no explanation from Inno? I tried to follow the (very) insufficient explanations provided, on the app, gave up, tried when I arrived home on my PC and there is zero logic on the thing, I have no idea how to proceed now . You should remember not everybody plays other Inno games (I for sure have no intention of doing so). A video elucidating how to do would be quite more helpful then the self congratulatory one released...

That is why Inno puts those little blue information I's by things, so you click or hover other them and see how it works.

edeba

I played another game that used this exact same kind of thing, but I do remember there was a learning curve and I think with a fixed ability to get the witch hats, some people are going to waste their lights clearing fog that doesn't need to be cleared.

I think well done on giving us something new.

DeletedUser2526

1. Yes, they are hard to tell apart. But since you are always moving to the right, it is not as bad as it could be to tell them apart.
2. I play on both mobile and browser and I do not plan to do that part of the event at all on mobile. The screen is just too small and it is too easy to mess up.
3. highlight the blue I next to each light and it will tell you how to use it. Those blue information I's are used all over the game, so anyone other than the newest players should know to look at them for help.
I play the APP on my Chromebook since I dont have a phone that will allow me to do it. I LOVE it on my Chromebook.. it FILLS my screen AND I can easily go back and forth from APP to Server.

palmira

That is why Inno puts those little blue information I's by things, so you click or hover other them and see how it works.
Yeah, very helpful to know that a lantern or a flask can only be put on a empty tile (what is exactly a empty tile? any empty tile? an empty tile adjacent to a foggy one?) if neither can be used on this and I wasted inadvertently at least one each trying to move on from here...

Screenshot at Oct 01 19-31-52.png
on from here