• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Jammin

this is how it looks for normal player
View attachment 7985
and this is image where empty tiles are, i dont see those empty tiles on first image, so yes i can use that knowledge to my advatnage
View attachment 7986
The picture below is the same as the one above, with the difference that you have two outlined in red.
You can't see if the tiles are empty or full as long as you don't light them up

Karvest

The top one opens as soon as you get the spirit in front of it, without using a candle on it.

edeba

As the actual play system of this event is different to previous events it would be helpful if the item description had wording that pointed out that you need to click and drag the item you want to one of the highlighted tile - that is not going to be obvious to everybody. I clicked on the candle many many times before figuring it out

Currently
Use the candle to clear a single tile covered by fog
I would prefer something like
Click and drag the candle to clear a single tile covered by fog
I didn't have click and drag. I clicked on either the candle, lantern or flash flask and then I clicked on an empty square. I found I had to be careful to not accidentally click again on the map and use a resource where I did not intend.

DeletedUser2954

Need some help please I am using app version in Apple ( yes I downloaded latest version) I have tried clocking on things and then dragging and dropping the candle and lantern to the starting candle position and all the squares around it but nothing seems to work except I seem to have lost a lantern when I dropped it to the left of the first candle?

DeletedUser3314

How to use the Lantern ? In can use the Candle by clicking on it and then clicking on de map but with the Lantern nothing happens, I can't drop it anywhere on the map ????
1601559126578.png

1601559371482.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Need some help please I am using app version in Apple ( yes I downloaded latest version) I have tried clocking on things and then dragging and dropping the candle and lantern to the starting candle position and all the squares around it but nothing seems to work except I seem to have lost a lantern when I dropped it to the left of the first candle?
I did exactly the same thing! Dragged a lantern on the square left of the “starting candle” position, nothing happened and I lost the lantern.
The thing is the “cleared” and the “covered” areas have no contrast in the app (I don’t know about browser). So the screen looked like “blue area” and some “white square”. While in fact there are two different blue areas. Totally confusing.

Anyway, I then dropped a candle on the “starting candle” position and it cleared the square. Could you try it again? Aiming precisely? The rules seem to be: You can drag and drop the candle on any dark blue square to clear it. And you can drop lantern or flask on a cleared square to clear additional squares (column or circle around).

EDIT: Added a screenshot. It’s all very dark and non-contrasting.

Attachments

• 020BF62F-DB4B-4A4B-ACA3-9630061EEDA2.jpeg
    020BF62F-DB4B-4A4B-ACA3-9630061EEDA2.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 213

Karvest

How to use the Latern ? In can use the Candle by clicking on it and then clicking on de map but with the Latern nothing happens, I can't drop it anywhere on the map ????
collect candle you revealed then use another candle on next highlighted square (there is another free lantern there, so you can't use anything but candle to reveal it. then you would be able to place lantern there.

DeletedUser3314

collect candle you revealed then use another candle on next highlighted square (there is another free lantern there, so you can't use anything but candle to reveal it. then you would be able to place lantern there.
Right, that worked. :) But it is a bit confusing. I thought the Lantern square was already unlocked/cleared by me and I had to use the Lantern on it.
Turned out it actually was a free Candle & Lantern I uncovered. Like I said, an explanation video would have helped a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2954

This is really confusing if you don’t know how it’s meant to work. when you say it’s a free candle or lantern are you meant to get them added to your inventory because I didn’t? Also something seems to have changed already after reload as before I found I had to hold the candle or lantern slightly above the square now I have to hold it over the active square so you fixed something.

Pauly7

This is really confusing if you don’t know how it’s meant to work. when you say it’s a free candle or lantern are you meant to get them added to your inventory because I didn’t?
It took me a while for this to twig with me too. If you see a lantern or a candle on a square, that's a gift to collect. Click it (so long as you've cleared the mist) and it's added to your inventory.

DeletedUser3314

This is really confusing if you don’t know how it’s meant to work. when you say it’s a free candle or lantern are you meant to get them added to your inventory because I didn’t? Also something seems to have changed already after reload as before I found I had to hold the candle or lantern slightly above the square now I have to hold it over the active square so you fixed something.
You have to click on the discovered Candle/Latern to add them to inventory.
Candles can be used on fogged up squares, Lanterns and Flash Flasks can only be placed on already cleared squares and will then clear more squares around them.
Yeah, I got confused because the first square showed a Candle so I though I had to use a Candle on it but it actually was a free Candle I uncovered. :)

Jammin

A question to Maths Aces, the package in the Magic Light Shop for 420 event currency is the best option in terms of price performance in my opinion. Correctly?
Or is it always better to just buy the candles?

little bee

O.k. I got the mechanics and it is actually quite a lot of fun. I really like the fact that we get a new minigame.
I do, however, have two complaints. First of all, why must we find chests with random rewards? I like the facts that this event is different from the other events, so I don't want to find the exact same chest from every other event. Why can't we just see what is hidden where as soon as the fog becomes light.

My second coplaint is that with this system lanterns and flash flasks are almost useless. A lantern can clear at most 5 and a flash flask at most 7 tiles. However, we do not need to clear the fog everywhere, as there are empty tiles or blocks hidden in the fog. We only need to clear the tiles moving foreward and the tiles where treasure is hidden. So there will be very few occasions (if any) where a lantern is worth more than 3 candles or a flash flask as much as 5 candles. Therefore I think the prices for the lights are wrong.

Last edited: