• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

iDavis

@Jammin yes it´s always the best option. When you count it, you actually roughly pay for flash flasks, if you would buy them separately, but in addition to that you also get bunch of candles and lanterns..

little bee

A question to Maths Aces, the package in the Magic Light Shop for 420 event currency is the best option in terms of price performance in my opinion. Correctly?
Or is it always better to just buy the candles?
That depends on how valuable you think the different light sources are in comparison to each other. If you accept the current pricing then the packages are much better than buying individual items. I would, however, argue that a lantern is worth no more than 2 and a flash flask maybe 3 candles. With that assumption the large package would still be the best use of event currency, but the smaller package would be worse than buying only candles.

Jammin

@Jammin yes it´s always the best option. When you count it, you actually roughly pay for flash flasks, if you would buy them separately, but in addition to that you also get bunch of candles and lanterns..
The problem with the flashlight bottle is that it is not worth the money. You will never benefit from it 100%, maybe a maximum of 50% in very special circumstances. We evaluate the price-performance ratio of the 420 package on an item that costs the most and is the least worth.

Edit: Hmm, I realize it depends on how you want to move on the minimap, for example if you don't want to illuminate every twisted corner, but just need to walk straight ahead, the package can be good by using candle, candle, flashing light...here and there a lantern and repeating that over and over again.

Last edited:

Burger Meister Meister

Comments so far:
1) Great graphics, looking really good.

2) I like the idea of a different "style" of event. In the past the events were all basically the same concept with a different coat of paint. This one looks like it has been overhauled with a new style. Still trying to figure it out so will comment later on the actual game play.

3) I like the idea of the Magic shop where you can by individual items or mixed "packs" of candles, lanterns and flasks to tailor your specific style. Seems to spark some form of strategy rather than total random luck.

iDavis

@Jammin it can be useful. If you play with some strategy and, let´s say, you don´t clear the tiles everytime from the first left possible column, but you rather skip some and then uncover them back with lanterns (so that lantern help you to uncover 2 columns instead of 1), you can also use flash flasks, if some obstacle is in the middle of the way. And in that scenario, using flash flask might be more efficient than either of the other two.

DeletedUser2354

Thus far it has been a waste of my time. The kinds of taskS need to be broadened. Far too many encounters required and Vision vapors/crafting activites. Thus far I have only gained the primary piece to be evolved and nothing I can use to further my progress in Elvenar. I do expect it to get better.

PixieBimbo

HappyRose

I’ve read this thread ... hopelessly lost can’t understand how it works
I can pick up something from the right ... but can’t place it onto to misty thing at all

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
I’ve read this thread ... hopelessly lost can’t understand how it works
I can pick up something from the right ... but can’t place it onto to misty thing at all

Hi @HappyRose!! Here is a break-down on how this event works. :)

To play in Mystery of the Forest event, you will first need to gain candles, lanterns and/or flasks. You can do this by clicking on the "+" button on your main event pop-up page. You will use your Magic Ingredients that you win through completing quests and collections around your town.

Once you have done that, you can click on a lighting item (candle, flask or lantern). Drag it over to the blank tiles and hover over the pathway that hasn't been unlocked yet. The lighting item will light up tiles that you are able to unlock. Click on that space to unlock the pathway.

Along the way, you will see rewards (Lost Items) that you can hover over and click on to win rewards and also for a chance to win a daily exclusive. These items on the pathway are similar to chests used in previous events in Elvenar. Each one has several reward options available.

There will also be Friendly Spirits along the pathway that you can unlock with lighting items. These will give you points towards the Grand prizes in the event.

Hope this helped you!

HappyRose

Ok .. thanks , I had got as far as buying the candles etc .. I’m on app and couldn’t get the hover bit.. having read your reply and with experimenting I have to be in the square above the lighter one and tap.. but don’t understand the “each one has several reward options”.. can’t see that at all..
Am I supposed to clear every square?

edeba

My second coplaint is that with this system lanterns and flash flasks are almost useless. A lantern can clear at most 5 and a flash flask at most 7 tiles. However, we do not need to clear the fog everywhere, as there are empty tiles or blocks hidden in the fog. We only need to clear the tiles moving foreward and the tiles where treasure is hidden. So there will be very few occasions (if any) where a lantern is worth more than 3 candles or a flash flask as much as 5 candles. Therefore I think the prices for the lights are wrong.
You have some strategy to figure out...

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
Ok .. thanks , I had got as far as buying the candles etc .. I’m on app and couldn’t get the hover bit.. having read your reply and with experimenting I have to be in the square above the lighter one and tap.. but don’t understand the “each one has several reward options”.. can’t see that at all..
Am I supposed to clear every square?
When you see Lost Items unlocked in the pathway, these are the rewards mentioned. Click on them to gain a reward. :)

It would be up to the player to decide which blocks to unlock. Keep in mind that you won't be able to unlock an entire row with a lantern if tiles are not unlocked before that row you are trying to clear. You can use a candle to unlock individual tiles or a flask to unlock a larger portion of the pathway.

Jammin

I have cleared a lot of squares that obviously had nothing in them ..
Honey just try to light up the solid dark tiles and if something is hidden underneath, you can see it behind a light smoke screen that you can then get with a candle. You don't need to pay attention to tiles that are slightly foggy and nothing underneath.

HappyRose

Thanks ... but I can’t seem to do the light up
This is so frustrating... just knowing I’m wasting so much ... think I’ll give up