• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2003

I believe, if I may, that the initial basic structure for some event such as this Fellowship Adventure must be based upon some hypothetical "Normal" Fellowship. Now we pretty much ALL know that if any of us were to visit the Land of "Normal", no one would ACTUALLY live there, but just for the sake of discussion, let's accept that there is a "Basic Normal Fellowship". I would think this Fellowship would consist of at least 20 members, ranging from the Ancient to the Newb, and would include perhaps 5-7 players whose RL obligations might interfere with multiple daily log ins, but hopefully no less than say, 1-2 daily misses weekly. I have no clue how close this might be to the structure of the hypothetical "Normal" Fellowship, but if it is close, I would hope that the Adventure was designed for THIS Fellowship to be able to complete the Adventure with a modicum of effort. If any of us belong to a Fellowship that DOESN'T fit this descriptor, I would say these groups are just gonna have to bust it a bit harder than the "Normal" FS...and that's really not the worst thing that could happen in the world of Elvenar..is it? :oops:

SoggyShorts

Yeah, "normal" or "expected" is hard to guess at. For one thing, a fellowship is allowed to have up to 25 members, and there is really no good reason why you would want to have fewer, so one could argue that a FS is expected to be full. (although without being given any matchmaking tools from the devs it is actually hella hard to fill a FS imo)
Also the longest productions possible in your workshops are 24h, so perhaps daily log ins could be considered "expected" as well.
Or since your KP bar fills after a maximum of 20 hours perhaps the minimum expectation is more than daily play.
When I make my calculators comparing wonder efficiencies etc I usually go with 9h,9h,3h productions since that should align with sleep, work, and evening for most people.

Personally I think your example using a FS of 20 members including 5-7 players that don't play at least 7 times a week would be setting the bar quite low, but there are many (most?) FS that require 3-4 visits a week, so I might be way off, and people really play this game by logging in 3-4 times weekly more often than players logging in 3-4 times daily.o_O

DeletedUser2003

Yeah, I was trying to reason for a Fellowship "norm" that actually allows for people who live "outside" too lmbo :p

If you take a look at the Fellowships on Beta, after page 10 (of 168) the numbers drop below 20 per FS. So in my theory I was going for realistic norm, and not optimal, most bestest norm :cool:

By the way, it's taken me almost a full year of semi-aggressive recruiting to get my FS to 24 members (the last 6 joining just since December). So even though there may be no good reason why you would WANT to have fewer, sometimes you just do..:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2174

When a Fs in dwarves is asked for ORCS.

INNO is showing less imagination than a game i was playing 13 years ago for tweenagers.

When I came to beta on August 31, 2016, it was to see what was up with fellowship adventures. i joined a fellowship. Between 25 of us we had 50k ranking points. I got a level one orc nest! and we almost made it to the top the second time.

This time I and my fellows would have to drain everything just to complete path 2. for instants.

Why does inno want their cities not well into races to quit?

SoggyShorts

By the way, it's taken me almost a full year of semi-aggressive recruiting to get my FS to 24 members (the last 6 joining just since December). So even though there may be no good reason why you would WANT to have fewer, sometimes you just do..:)
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. The last 4 weeks is the first time both of my FS have been full at the same time, ever. 1.5 years of trying.

Edit: we even had to cheat, and have a dozen of our members that are on both servers.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2174

Where do you have to pay orcs with no alternative option?

Ok orcs block blue, no dispute there.
But i am making with 3 hour runs all day which = less than 20k of my boosted good (6 factories). they want 5 days of each good. rest of my fs is smaller. That is stage in orange and green.
Then they want us to cough up, 600 relics. I just got to dwarf. I have less than 600 of any tier of relics. and that would mean no boosted or spells. yes that is spread over how ever many are doing something. but I only have 39 of one I need for spells.

Tell me how even if every person was playing full out we could do this w/o crippling most of our growth and cities?

SoggyShorts

Tell me how even if every person was playing full out we could do this w/o crippling most of our growth and cities?
90 relics per player
52,000 goods per player.

The way I see it, the FA would set every member of your FS back at least an entire week.
20K goods per day = 120K during FA, so your other FS members would have to make at least half that each. ugly, but probably possible.
I think the relics will be the bigger problem.
Having zero players with max boost means you have zero garbage relics (relics over 500 in your boost have no value other than upgrading wonders, and you need very very few of those)

It might not be a good idea to go for stage 3 prizes in such a small/new FS. Doing just eh first 2 stages saves you 1500 relics and 900,000 goods.
That drops each player down to
16K goods and 30 relics
much more reasonable, and you still get 80 KP.

FS members with very young cities such as your would outgrow the menhirok very quickly anyways making it a less desirable prize.

DeletedUser2174

20K goods per day = 120K during FA
Did i mention it is my boosted this week and next? I am fighting the AM, this might get us a few kp but everybody would be set back.
And the kp would be wiped out my HAVING to put it in Ancient Wonders 10 at a time TODAY.

And this is the problem for every FS that the players are not to orcs yet.

DeletedUser2156

I readed what you wrote before and I guessed that nobody come from a young and little FS. Only you wrote without know someting much... maybe you forgot what mean to be to the game start.
- New team (from aug 2017) born with members with less than 2000 score; the team have 25 members, 24 active in the last 2 weeks, 23 active in the last week. (active = at least 1 visit/week or active in the tournament or active in the trader)
- Yes, we are in the first 30 teams from the FA
- I think that we are in FA at least 20 members
- the hight score members from our team are in the start of CAPITOL VI (I think that 2 members)

Sooooooooooooooooooooo
- isn't correct to don't care of the power of team when you do the math for relics and resources. For us, to get 405 000 resources don't back only with 1 week how was write before.
- Same resources for any FS's power in the map isn't correct. Do any average for the FS power (average of score members) before put in map the quests for donate resources/relics
- the relics will back us with some time and will lose a grand work - nobody don't have the max of relics
- the rewards are not so good for this FS grand effort
- nothing is funny in this FA... only work and donate the resources who we got with big effort
- too many guards and wonders relics (in total in the all 3 stages)

So... if the problem of resources and relics will not solve to be in agree with the FS power (the average score from the FS) I will propose my team to do not play next time the FA.
From when the FA started (and the team born) we was in the first 60 teams, last time to the 34 place. A little team with few power made all they can. But with this kind of FA we will have a lot of lose, nothing for win.
And, no chance to finish all 3 stages? This isn't funny! Then, why the FA clasament for who is made this? The rewards are little, the effort is BIGGGGGGG, the time for do the badges is... tirred and many...
No chance to finish 3 stages? Then why you need us? Only for number of players? NOTHING FUNNY here! NO ENJOY!
So... just more effort FOR NOTHING!

DeletedUser2256

What's the point of a game if there is no effort=challenge=fun?
I agree this is unbalanced for younger FS, but let's see that in about two months.

iDavis

There is a very simple reason why do players not have a motivation in these FA - events. Since we have an opportunity during events to get as many buildings as we want (saving all event resources for one day with best daily prize), one more as a final reward in FA makes feeling it's worthless. It is a psyche of players, it is enough to know that during the event I have the opportunity to get a lot of buildings, the chance to get one is not interesting. And it's not just about FAs, but about questlines aswell. In my opinion this game need a strong change in the system of events.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Once again, thank you for your feedback on this FA round. Based on your feedback, we have decided to change the numbers of required relics for our Live version:

→ 50 relics becomes 30
→ 200 relics becomes 90
→ 500 relics becomes 200

This means that on Beta it won't be of much use to you for this round, but thanks to your feedback, thousands of players on our Live server will have a better experience in this FA round so thank you very much for that.

Also a little bit more upfront information: We understand the need of a new system for the quests en we already have this planned (but as I explained before, this is not a small task). We are also investigating the possibilities for temporary solutions and how realistic they are. Of course, when we have more info on that, we will share it with with you :)

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and helping us make the game better! :cool:

Jackluyt

Here is a link to our EPL Spreadsheet, based on the original by Terriann Banister.
You are welcome to use this and share with friends.
http://bit.ly/2GuryrB
Please let me know if you spot any errors!

28378904_10211235549585173_5968678662539422696_n.jpg

SoggyShorts

Hi everyone,

Once again, thank you for your feedback on this FA round. Based on your feedback, we have decided to change the numbers of required relics for our Live version:

→ 50 relics becomes 30
→ 200 relics becomes 90
→ 500 relics becomes 200
That's good news Marindor, should really help out those small FS. Is the 1,305,000 (minimum) goods also being reconsidered?