• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New guest race

• Thread starter Deleted member 1508
  • Start date

Marindor

Yes, please just know and understand that we don't wait with the next Guest Race because we like it. Complaining about it won't help, leaving the game won't help... We're not going to rush something if we're not fully ready for it yet. If it was time to release it already, we would do so. We're waiting because we have important reasons to do so, so please just bare with us and know that we will release it as soon as we can :)

DeletedUser

I do hope the next race comes soon after the winter event, I've just finished Halfings on my second Live account, and I'm already feeling like there's nothing to do. I can handle waiting a week for the event, but if it's like other events I should be done in the first 2 weeks, and then it's down to 24h log ins. Not sure how long I can maintain interest doing just that.

Lol @SoggyShorts try waiting 3 1/2 months already, have 3 long events in the meantime, a couple of short events, 2 FA (+ 1 failed). This is ridiculous .... I want to build, not do endlessly silly events. (Yes I know I can skip those)

Guys, try to understand developers. They probably had just 2 options - they will delay new guest race and face a huge amount of posts where are players complaining that game is boring, or would release it a while ago and face posts when are they complaining that they have nobody to sell their new resources. I think that they just choosed more strategic one.

NO, they made the wrong decision! Lots of end-tech players have quit know because of the ridiculous long waiting period. Meaning that we will still have less players who can enter the new chapter. Others are delaying finishing the Halflings, because they fear the waiting period. Launching the new chapter, or at least giving some sneek peaks whould encourage then to finish.

So the "Nobody to trade with" excuse is very ill-conceived, and it's hurting the game. It's also hurting InnoGames income, because many players that have quit the game were diamond-players. Other diamond-players who still hang around (like me), don't spend any diamonds anymore, because there's simply nothing to spend it on.

Dony

King of Bugs
NO, they made the wrong decision! Lots of end-tech players have quit know because of the ridiculous long waiting period. Meaning that we will still have less players who can enter the new chapter. Others are delaying finishing the Halflings, because they fear the waiting period. Launching the new chapter, or at least giving some sneek peaks whould encourage then to finish.

So the "Nobody to trade with" excuse is very ill-conceived, and it's hurting the game. It's also hurting InnoGames income, because many players that have quit the game were diamond-players. Other diamond-players who still hang around (like me), don't spend any diamonds anymore, because there's simply nothing to spend it on.
and yet i think you are not prepared for next guest race yet, including all people who have left were not prepared :)
and let me tell you some people dont know how to manage their time in a game, they buy diamonds to speed up things and then wait because they have nothing to do in game, but its them who speeded it up, they should know whats coming, game is not balanced around gameplay which require diamonds, it was for their convenients

Heymrdiedier

and yet i think you are not prepared for next guest race yet, including all people who have left were not prepared :)
and let me tell you some people dont know how to manage their time in a game, they buy diamonds to speed up things and then wait because they have nothing to do in game, but its them who speeded it up, they should know whats coming, game is not balanced around gameplay which require diamonds, it was for their convenients
even without spending diamonds to speed up the process, im also waiting the same 3 months tho :)

But i do think postponing wasnt the best call. It would have been better to get rid of the trading requirement. Better would be to have a full chapter where you only need your own bonus production, and have the next chapter require the other goods also. that way more people would be having the goods (and i assume they would be willing to trade to help anothers out) when it was needed.

It looks like the waiting period we are getting is gonna be as long as the whole period you need for a guest race. thats a long time of inno not getting diamonds and lots of players leaving.

Ive said it before, i dont think we will ever get enough players end tech. You know how many players quit playing halfway, thanks to rediculous balance changes that take away a lot of the fun parts (just look at your map and count the amount of players who are at woodelves or later). And while of course some people do get to the end through the waiting period, i think an equal amount of people just quit playing because theres nothing to do (so they try another game and find that game more enjoyable)

DeletedUser

I have bought diamonds and used it on premium culture buildings and a few Magical Buildings. Didn't use diamonds to speed up the game in tech or GR goods. So my diamonds were used to beautify my city, nothing else.

It looks like the waiting period we are getting is gonna be as long as the whole period you need for a guest race. thats a long time of inno not getting diamonds and lots of players leaving.

Ive said it before, i dont think we will ever get enough players end tech. You know how many players quit playing halfway, thanks to rediculous balance changes that take away a lot of the fun parts (just look at your map and count the amount of players who are at woodelves or later). And while of course some people do get to the end through the waiting period, i think an equal amount of people just quit playing because theres nothing to do (so they try another game and find that game more enjoyable)

The waiting period is now longer than the time I spend on a chapter. I finished the halflings in 2 1/2 months without using diamonds (didn't even bought the premium culture for that chapter because they were ridiculously overprized).
When the new chapter arrives on Live it will most likely be end Jan / early Feb. So that will be a waiting period of at least 5 months (maybe even 6!). That's a waiting period that is least twice as long than I spend time on a chapter.

Dony

King of Bugs
But i do think postponing wasnt the best call. It would have been better to get rid of the trading requirement. Better would be to have a full chapter where you only need your own bonus production, and have the next chapter require the other goods also. that way more people would be having the goods (and i assume they would be willing to trade to help anothers out) when it was needed.
maybe you remember a few weeks back i said, halflings were the last fast guest race, next 3 looks like will be slow paced with tier 4,5,6 resources, gated progress in a tech tree and so on
and let me predict something here which is not related to anything i know about this game, i think this new resources will slowly replace tier 1,2,3 everywhere in a game in coming years (balance reason)

also i think developers want something new, not again same guest race with just different graphics
It looks like the waiting period we are getting is gonna be as long as the whole period you need for a guest race.
i would guess that for next 3 guest races tho
I have bought diamonds and used it on premium culture buildings and a few Magical Buildings. Didn't use diamonds to speed up the game in tech or GR goods. So my diamonds were used to beautify my city, nothing else.
it depends on a perspective, buying premium culture building and magic building means you got more space because you had better value on tiles which then you could use on other things like more guest race buildings which have sped up your progress
i am also slowly replacing normal building with magic one because magic is usually 2x normal which gives me extra space.

and let me be clear here i also dont like waiting here, i finished it myself long time ago without using diamonds to speed things up and i am also waiting, but i have no problem with waiting, i just can manage my free time better then most people do i guess

Deleted User - 60107

My main city has been at the end of the tech tree for months (since before the Fall event, if I remmeber correctly). My second city is in the second half of Halflings and I am intentionally taking it slow, but even so I might finish Halflings before the next race arrives. And I have never spent Diamonds on the game, so I can confirm spending Diamonds has nothing to do with the long wait.

DeletedUser1596

maybe you remember a few weeks back i said, halflings were the last fast guest race, next 3 looks like will be slow paced with tier 4,5,6 resources, gated progress in a tech tree and so on
and let me predict something here which is not related to anything i know about this game, i think this new resources will slowly replace tier 1,2,3 everywhere in a game in coming years (balance reason)

also i think developers want something new, not again same guest race with just different graphics

So why the hell don't they tell us? There are people leaving because they see no progress in the game. There is a big difference in waiting for something that you have seen 1000 times before, or waiting for something new. It's very nice that the devs are mysterious as the dark side of the Moon, but some of our friends might not have left if they knew what they were waiting for. Some time ago our member quit (#1 on the server) and a week ago another (#4). Both power-buyers, as you can imagine. These people are not going to be replaced - ever. Power-buyers like their ranks and you will hardly find a new one joining a 2 years old game.

DeletedUser1767

I know I've said this before, but the lack of communication seems like the biggest problem to me. I get they want to have surprises and that something-something-related-to-industry-secrets or whatever, but people really do not like being left in the dark for long stretches of time with no information. Near-complete opacity in communication breeds unrest. Even communication about why there isn't information available is better than nothing.

DeletedUser1909

Agreed say the blind mouse...something is alway better than the vacuum we are currently in. And if they have the event for next winter already done, I am questioning this absurd wait.:mad::mad:

Marindor

Hi guys,

Although we can't share the exact details for the next chapter yet, I have done my best to communicate as much as I can at this point. About 3 weeks ago I made this post but it's in a different thread, so maybe some people missed it so I'll repeat it in here as well:

I can't reveal too much yet but once it's there, you will totally understand why it's needed now to postpone it a bit. It will bring some changes and new features that not only influence your strategic choices in play style, but will also require a bit of a bigger participation group in that chapter to make sure you'll be able to keep progressing.

What these changes will look like exactly, is something we can't reveal yet but I do think this explanation sums up quite well why it's taking some time. This next chapter will come with some brand new game mechanics and we need some more players ready for the next chapter before we can launch it in the right way. Waiting a bit longer, allows us to get back to a fully controlled situation instead of rushing and pushing it while we're not fully ready for it yet. We know some players are really anxious for it but when we release it, we want you to be able to enjoy it and we want it to work in the right way and for that we need more players ready for the next chapter. Fact is that at this moment, still less players are done with the Halflings than the percentage of players who were done with Sorcerer's & Dragons when Halflings got released.

More details will come when we get closer to the launch, but this is not the time for that yet. I've already told you that we shouldn't expect the new chapter to arrive until after the Winter Event, so you know that it's still some time away from now. When we get there, we will reveal some more details and of course will spend InnoGames TV time on it as well, but at this time it's too early to do so. :)

DeletedUser

@Marindor I did read that post on 3 nov. and it gave me a little bit of hope. A day later on 4 Nov. you posted this:

I don't know the exact numbers for that, I just know there should be a bit more, especially on our smaller servers. We're also not talking about ages, probably just a few weeks more but once we can share more specific information on that, we will :)

Sadly the few weeks have turned to be a few more months, since the new chapter will not be launched this year anymore :(
Meanwhile more end-tech players have quit the game definitely (cities removed from the server).
The problem is become bigger and bigger, because to me it's starting to look like 1 player finishing Halfling chapter vs 1 end-tech player quitting the game.
With this rate we will never have enough end-tech players. How is this going to be resolved?

You wrote
. Fact is that at this moment, still less players are done with the Halflings than the percentage of players who were done with Sorcerer's & Dragons when Halflings got released.

When I look at my neighbours on both live and beta, it looks to me that a lot of players quit the game during the S&D chapter.
S&D asked for a lot of space for the GR buildings, and because all the faculties had to be connected to the campus, you needed to clear a large block of tiles for it. No option to squeeze a GR building in between other buildings. I think most of the players who finished the S&D chapter were also the players who joined the game when it was launched. You know, the players who joined when there weren't even Fellowships yet. I'm one of them, and we had a lot more change to get expansions. Battling for it in provinces was still very doable in the beginning, and premium expansions were a lot cheaper than they are now.
So we have more room than players who joined the game later. I know from other players that the S&D chapter became such a hard struggle for space, that they've thrown in the towel because of it.

Imho decisions about the redesigning of the battle system, the GL zone, and very costly premium expansions are now seriously backfiring. If later players can't proceed and therefore quit the game, early players will have to look at extremely long waits for the few braves ones who are toughing it out.

I'm sorry to be such a bore about it. I'm desperately trying to hang on, but my determination for it is becoming very weak. I could really use a sparkle of light at the end of this depressing dark tunnel :(
Sorry to have to write this, but I don't consider repeating a month old message as a sparkle of light

Dony

King of Bugs
S&D asked for a lot of space for the GR buildings, and because all the faculties had to be connected to the campus, you needed to clear a large block of tiles for it. No option to squeeze a GR building in between other buildings.
If you thought that S&D was demanding on space then you should prepare atleast minimum 5 more expansion for next guest race.
Imho decisions about the redesigning of the battle system are now seriously backfiring.
I completely disagree with this statement, old system was broken, new one is much better, there is no province on world map which cant be won in battle now. This was impossible in old battle system, yes you could clear some easy provinces like crystal, but others were much harder then they are now.
The problem is become bigger and bigger, because to me it's starting to look like 1 player finishing Halfling chapter vs 1 end-tech player quitting the game.
i dont see this as a problem, because in big server like you are where 1 player quit and another reach the end makes no difference, difference is on small servers where there are 10 people who finished and plenty of others who want to finish and have no intention to quit just because on small server we are talking about people in top 20, and as far as i know we are waiting for this small servers to reach numbers not on big ones

Deleted User - 60107

If you thought that S&D was demanding on space then you should prepare atleast minimum 5 more expansion for next guest race.
What.

You say that as if people can just snap their figners and get 5 more expansions...

DeletedUser

well in theory they should be able to get that 5 extra since they are waiting 6 months for it and 1 exp per month is not so unachievable

It is simple impossible if you reach the cap and can't get any expansions any more from the provinces :rolleyes:

Deleted User - 60107

well in theory they should be able to get that 5 extra since they are waiting 6 months for it and 1 exp per month is not so unachievable
1) What about those who won't have a 6-month wait (because they will complete Halflings after the next chapter is released)?
2) I am already at 285 completed provnes and need 9 more for the next expansion. I should already be above the minimum required for the next chapter. Are you telling me to overscout? I thought we're not supposed to do that.