• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New guest race

• Thread starter Deleted member 1508
  • Start date

DeletedUser

in that case you should have much more free space then required

@Dony if you had read my post correctly, than you would have realised that I wasn't complaining about lack of space for me personally, on the contrary .
I wrote that players who started later then me with the game are struggling to get past the S&D chapter.

DeletedUser1909

I am at over 420 provinces on live at to keep scouting every 2.5 days is geting expensive. And my city size is maxed already so if its delayed to much more I will be another one that quits the game. And note I do purchase alot of diamonds so if you don't want money keep delaying more big people will quit.

Deleted User - 60152

@Marindor

It seems INNO is so paranoid about secrets leaking out to other gaming companies that they feel they have to treat their player base like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them ....

You say we need a larger player base that is ready to start in the new chapter.

How about someone telling the dev team that the natives are getting restless and some are leaving the game because of it. Someone on the team should start developing little pop-up quests that give teasers about new chapters that can start popping up for players who have finished the current chapter.

Something to keep players interested in whatever is coming next - maybe even give us a unique prize that will only be available through these limited time pop-up quests - kind of a special reward for finishing the chapter and waiting patiently for the next.

Elrondriel

It seems INNO is so paranoid about secrets leaking out to other gaming companies

Ahemm ... Anyone with a little bit of knowledge in programming will easily find all information about the next 2 guest races in the game files, so there's absolutely nothing to hide from other companies ...

What I personally would find quite interesting is some kind of "progress bar" or "count down" that would show how much percentage of the goal to kick-off the new guest race is already met. I assume that Inno is regularly checking the player data - so why not share some information in a very simplified way in a weekly update ?

Besides that I'm wondering: there may probably be very different player level structures in different countries and game worlds. Could we possibly see a "time shifted" release or are we more or less waiting for the worldwide catch-up to a specific level ?

Deleted User - 60152

I made the reference I did based on something that was posted several months ago when we were waiting for another chapter -- at that time it was stated that one of the reasons we couldn't be told anything about upcoming changes or new chapters was that INNO was trying to protect information from being released to competitors.

Marindor

As said: There are multiple reasons why we have to wait with the next chapter. Complaining about it, isn't going to change that, neither is there anything we can do about it at this point. We'll just have to be patient for this one and in the mean time enjoy ourselves with the events and other game elements. :)

DeletedUser118

What I personally would find quite interesting is some kind of "progress bar" or "count down" that would show how much percentage of the goal to kick-off the new guest race is already met. I assume that Inno is regularly checking the player data - so why not share some information in a very simplified way in a weekly update ?

A progress bar would be interesting. But at the same time puts up alot of pressure on the developers as many of us would probably love to see it moving forward quickly each and every day. Its the same as when you download a software or upgrade and you watch the progress bar moving along. Don't you get impatient and curse if it stops every now and then? I do at least. The same thing will happen here once we get something like this. So, I highly doubt it's gonna help anybody at all. ^^

DeletedUser1657

I don't think space for a new guest race will be as bad as people think it will. Guest races have needed between 15-20% of a towns space (non-diamond, close to minimum scouting) for a while. From Dony's warning this one might be 20% or a bit more. A lot will depend on the mechanics, not everyone has to build the same thing. Take orcs as an example, some people built 60+ farms and a mountain of rally points while others built 15-20 farms and 3/4 rally points. Each person determines their own strategy and space allocation and prioritisation. Many people build large amounts of factories cause its suits their plans, that's great but things like that (or wonders) take up space.

When it comes to space optimisation the blame really falls on us as players not inno. We set our own goals and our own approach, if that approach makes it harder for us as an individual than it does for others we are the ones who need to adjust, if we don't the outcome is inevitable.

Deleted User - 60152

I have productions that are ready to collection that I used spells on - now I'm losing time off those spells as well as time to be able to run an additional production run. Inno needs to address what's going on.

These are the types of issues that almost every other game I have played online typically result in players getting some type of compensation pack from.

Heymrdiedier

I don't think space for a new guest race will be as bad as people think it will. Guest races have needed between 15-20% of a towns space (non-diamond, close to minimum scouting) for a while. From Dony's warning this one might be 20% or a bit more. A lot will depend on the mechanics, not everyone has to build the same thing. Take orcs as an example, some people built 60+ farms and a mountain of rally points while others built 15-20 farms and 3/4 rally points. Each person determines their own strategy and space allocation and prioritisation. Many people build large amounts of factories cause its suits their plans, that's great but things like that (or wonders) take up space.

When it comes to space optimisation the blame really falls on us as players not inno. We set our own goals and our own approach, if that approach makes it harder for us as an individual than it does for others we are the ones who need to adjust, if we don't the outcome is inevitable.

I totally agree with this. However i seen no point in having a city with 20% free space for all the time we are waiting. So ofcourse i and others use the empty space. In the back of your head we all know we will have to trash some stuff again once new guestrace comes, but its a pain to trash soemthing, so we rather complain about the lack of space instead of admitting we knew we had to trash something. (Theres a reason the Top 10 ranked players change very quickly once a new guestrace comes, we all have to trash something unless if you are that person who bought everything with diamonds and are building the new wonders allready after 2 days)

DeletedUser1777

The trouble of not having enough players at the edge of halflings is caused by Inno itself. They slow us down in progress with every event / adventure they launch. Beside of that, the players are getting exhausted & bored by all those "specials", beside the weekly tournament.
So when do you expect us to progress?

Of course, you want us to "keep on playing" but me for myself is reaching a point aswell, to consider giving up playing.
My main city is close to the halflings end, beside that I take care for 2 beta accounts (woodelves / sourcerers & dragons) and now a new baby city in chapter 3.
My fault, to do with all of them tournaments and events, but if you don't have much to do in game, you automatically look around for something else. The offered content (events) would be nice every now an then, not almost every week o_O

As I understand it, the new guest race should solve the problem of inactive neighbors and the boredom of upgrading the same buildings to eternity. Without having a look into the gamecode I expect a replacement of the (over)used tier 1, 2 and 3 with the now goods. So advanced players have to replace the factories, stop supporting / pushing small players and start a new era.

Not sure if this plan would work well. The "big fishes" with their support of goods are keeping the small ones playing. If you take away this support, more and more players in lower ranks will stop playing, because the game is too "hard" (timewise) when you have to do it on your own.

Maybe I'm completely wrong with my expectations - we will see what happens :rolleyes: