• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Additional uses for Blueprint?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1992
  • Start date

ALdbeign

Inno can see who has blueprints
Inno can see who doesn't have magic buildings
Inno can assume anyone who has a blueprint but has no magic building wants to use that blueprint.
It's that simple. If that information isn't enough for them to make it a priority for their limited dev team, that's fine.
Asking us to complain more often about something they said they were working on is dishonest. The truth is, those who don't have a magic building aren't spending money and therefore don't matter to Timon and crew.

Side note: I am going to steer clear of saying "INNO" since I play other INNO games and while they definitely like their money (what company doesn't LOL), the disrespect I see for players in this game seems to be specific to THIS dev team. (disclaimer, i havent played every INNO game so maybe other teams have these issues also, but not the other ones I play.)

ekarat

Now imagine in your scenario if you could look into a crystal ball and see exactly how many times each pothole is hit by a car every single day, all laid out for you in a nice little spreadsheet. Would you still need to even talk to the drivers to make a decision?

Inno can see who has blueprints
Inno can see who doesn't have magic buildings
Inno can assume anyone who has a blueprint but has no magic building wants to use that blueprint.

It's that simple. If that information isn't enough for them to make it a priority for their limited dev team, that's fine. Asking us to complain more often about something they said they were working on is dumb.

Using complaints as a survey system is very inefficient. Why not make an official poll on the forums with a link to it in a pop-up when you log in? Ask what players want most.

I wouldn't assume they know how many people have blueprints but not magic buildings. Getting appropriate metrics is hard.
Also, they certainly can't know how many people care.

It's rather possible that there are an insignificant number of people in that position in the first place (I certainly don't have one, and my Fellowship is unlikely to ever get one), which makes voicing your concerns all the more important.

SoggyShorts

I wouldn't assume they know how many people have blueprints but not magic buildings. Getting appropriate metrics is hard.
If you send a ticket to support asking how many blueprints you have they will tell you.
Also, they certainly can't know how many people care.
All of them. Everyone who has a useless blueprint would prefer it if they weren't useless.
It's rather possible that there are an insignificant number of people in that position in the first place (I certainly don't have one, and my Fellowship is unlikely to ever get one)
Yes, this and the fact that we are talking about a free player issue is the reason they aren't putting it up as a priority.
which makes voicing your concerns all the more important.
They know that almost none of their playerbase uses the forums, so either they have to assume that the few vocal players represent others, or they can use common sense. If neither of those are good enough then nothing will be.

DeletedUser1909

I belive it's less than 5% of players even bother with the forums, so the 5% that do have to represent the other 95%..

And even though I use magic buildings I would like to at least see this feature implemented.

DeletedUser1596

We already know watches run differently in Elvenar
yeah, Elvenar's development runs so fast, that INNO's clock tick slower due to relativity :)

But back to the point: I was thinking, right now about 90% of all my culture is created by event buildings, the rest is roads and AWs. At this point I have absolutely no need for standart culture buildings. Now imagine, we will be able to update older grand prices from events with blueprints. Won't it screw up the whole culture system?

SoggyShorts

But back to the point: I was thinking, right now about 90% of all my culture is created by event buildings, the rest is roads and AWs. At this point I have absolutely no need for standart culture buildings. Now imagine, we will be able to update older grand prices from events with blueprints. Won't it screw up the whole culture system?
Other than for mana needs I haven't built a "normal" culture building since the winter event in any city. Allowing us to upgrade old stuff at a max of 1 per week wouldn't have that big an impact imo.

DeletedUser1596

Allowing us to upgrade old stuff at a max of 1 per week wouldn't have that big an impact imo.

Hmmm, I don't think so. Many (maybe most) active FSs get a blueprint every week, let's say 40-50 every year. If we get 3 or 4 new races, it will leave us with 10 or more BPs for one race. This would mean, that anyone (lucky members of active FSs) can upgrade 10-15 most powerful event buildings for every race. Six buildings like the Auction house or that Herd thing will give you permanent sunshine, when updated and motivated properly. Moreover, you will keep winning up-to-date buildings in future events, so 5 blueprints could be enough to mess up the last piece of balance that this game has left.

On the other hand, this game has more serious issues than some culture disbalance, I just think, that it could widen the gap between those, who get BP and those who don't.

SoggyShorts

Many (maybe most) active FSs get a blueprint every week
Wow, not on US servers. I doubt more than 10% do there, maybe even fewer than 5%. For example less than 200 players got the 1600 points to do their share of a blueprint last tournament.
I would also say that many FS that get a BP every week have a lot of players at the end of the tech tree meaning their event prizes are currently halfling level already.

DeletedUser2003

Many (maybe most) active FSs get a blueprint every week, let's say 40-50 every year.
Wow do you really believe that? I am in 4 active FS, 3 live US and 1 Beta, and we do well in tourneys but have never gotten blueprint in ANY of them. One FS (ranked #12, Felyndral) got 9 chests, 1 time, and we were stoked! I don't believe that all that many active FS get blueprint every week...if that's true I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry now...lol :oops:

SoggyShorts

Wow do you really believe that? I am in 4 active FS, 3 live US and 1 Beta, and we do well in tourneys but have never gotten blueprint in ANY of them. One FS (ranked #12, Felyndral) got 9 chests, 1 time, and we were stoked! I don't believe that all that many active FS get blueprint every week...if that's true I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry now...lol :oops:
Don't feel bad, my FS are ranked 18,38,48 and our BP are 1(6 weeks ago) zero, zero. The #38 and #48 ranked FS are 6-7 visits minimum, so pretty active.
I think things are different in other regions-- I've read that some have massive numbers of push accounts, and having all level 25 wonders really makes a difference.

DeletedUser1767

You need a critical mass of people who are willing to consistently commit to a certain degree of going all in if you want to get to the ninth or tenth chest consistently without any shady business despite the inevitable fluctuations of people being on vacation, sick, busy with work, or beset with computer problems. Only one of my three FSs regularly gets blueprints (i.e. the one that is, probably non-coincidentally, ranked second on US Arendyll), and it's my understanding that they'd always got nine chests until the week I and another player joined. We were exactly sufficiently more committed than the people we replaced to bump the group up a chest.

DeletedUser1596

My FS is definitely not the most ferocious and we still get 19 out of 20 BPs. If you say it's not that common, I believe you.
But don't get me wrong, I like the idea and I'll be the first to upgrade my buildings if possible. I'm just little worried that those few fellowships will get a little too much.

DeletedUser1767

Is there a correlation between timezone and consistency of blueprint achievement?

DeletedUser

You need a critical mass of people who are willing to consistently commit to a certain degree of going all in if you want to get to the ninth or tenth chest consistently without any shady business despite the inevitable fluctuations of people being on vacation, sick, busy with work, or beset with computer problems. Only one of my three FSs regularly gets blueprints (i.e. the one that is, probably non-coincidentally, ranked second on US Arendyll), and it's my understanding that they'd always got nine chests until the week I and another player joined. We were exactly sufficiently more committed than the people we replaced to bump the group up a chest.

On beta I've have no blueprints at all, since my FS is not so active in tournaments.
On the Dutch server I'm in a very active FS. But to keep things under control concerning goods and training we've decided to only go for the blueprint in 3 out of 9 tournaments. This strategy works good, but I don't know how long we can keep this up. Training of units is becoming a serious problem for the top players (me included)

Heymrdiedier

My FS is definitely not the most ferocious and we still get 19 out of 20 BPs. If you say it's not that common, I believe you.
But don't get me wrong, I like the idea and I'll be the first to upgrade my buildings if possible. I'm just little worried that those few fellowships will get a little too much.
how do you get to the, out of 20?

at the moment my main is at 28 or 29 BP, so thats more then that 20 (cant tell for sure how many we got exactly since is still not visible anywhere :) )

or did you just mean you get it 95% of the time?

DeletedUser1657

I can see the concerns @Urvalsandal makes about culture and event buildings. One thing to consider though is they do not need to make it 1 blue print per 1 building upgrade. They could use it as a way to upgrade but still be a sink for blueprints.

Hopefully they come up with a decent use for them cause upgrading event buildings isn't that appealing to me. Each new event brings a new prize and there seems to be a level of "culture creep" with them. While I might upgrade the odd building a person could just get the latest offer, unless they wanted to keep something "pretty".

If the situation that @Urvalsandal is the case then there might be an increase in people targeting the temp combat buildings for a buff in tournaments if they can just use a BO and stay up-to-date with culture. Which in itself might increase the number of BP they have.

DeletedUser2174

Hmmm, I don't think so. Many (maybe most) active FSs get a blueprint every week, let's say 40-50 every year. If we get 3 or 4 new races, it will leave us with 10 or more BPs for one race. This would mean, that anyone (lucky members of active FSs) can upgrade 10-15 most powerful event buildings for every race. Six buildings like the Auction house or that Herd thing will give you permanent sunshine, when updated and motivated properly. Moreover, you will keep winning up-to-date buildings in future events, so 5 blueprints could be enough to mess up the last piece of balance that this game has left.

On the other hand, this game has more serious issues than some culture disbalance, I just think, that it could widen the gap between those, who get BP and those who don't.
Your assessment of who gets blueprints:
I am playing in 4 worlds. Beta game is only 2 months so does not count. I am in wood elf or orc in all 4. Only one of my 4 fellowships is capable of getting a blueprint. The others are not competitive/ active enough to get to that level. So coming from my perspective getting a blueprint is a New thing for me at 100k points. For the vast majority of fellowships, blueprints are simply not in the level of play they can get too.

Most of the people who go on the forums are the dedicated players. The players that watch their score (took my strongest fellowship commenting on my advances several times to catch on that was the fellowship score increased as well). The people here in beta are the hard core.

Can they come up with something to make getting a blueprint a big deal to the average long term player? Something that will get players willing to spend their game resources and cash on?

Heymrdiedier

Have you seen the difference between a max house and a magical house? now thats a big gap.
In my opinion if a blueprint allows a diamond player to upgrade that magical house for free, the blue print should be able to give a similar advantage for a non-diamond player.
And yes, since magical buildings are too good, this would mean creating a gap between those who get blueprints and those who do not.

I think thats a good thing, you need to get something really good for all that effort. Im allready noticing a drop in tournament participation since by now, we all have enough runeshard and kp, and we dont really need another useless blueprint. so why bother with tournament?