• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion March of the Herds

Buttrflwr

Since the rocky enclosure is today, I am curious what tomorrow will be. Probably some great cult/pop bldg that none of us can afford because we used all our sugar beets on the enclosure. :p:(:oops:

EDIT:
Ok, nvm...I was thinking there was one more day, as I "thought" we would have one more daily prize, according to Amy. Sorry, I'm tired. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Damn, the stupid mannequin is back on the load screen. :( Couldn't you guys come up with a better loading screen while the event was running ? o_O

sunrae

Phew, it's over. I have not enjoyed this quest as much as the past ones. I do think instead of having to spend lots of resources we could have been given some better quests. Trade T1 10 times, T2 x 10 etc, accept 10 trades and so on, as least then it would have benefited everyone. I ended up just doing the daily quests in the end as the main ones were too expensive. I hope future quests will not include spending so much for sugar beets/snowflakes.

DeletedUser118

Comparing it to the snow event I have the feeling I had alot more bad luck this time than ever before.

SoggyShorts

Comparing it to the snow event I have the feeling I had alot more bad luck this time than ever before.
The snow event gave more snowflakes too. On average finishing it gave around 6600, this one was 4600 I think, which should be a difference of around 5 buildings.

Lissona

The event was okay.

Beta: I stopped at around quest 74, where I had to pay a lot of coins - did not fit in my plan (I'm at the end of research for halflings, coins are needed anywhere else). Of course at the first look the prizes from the event weren't that great for me (my opinion changed afterwards). All in all - some nice additions and a reason to restructure.

On german server (where I am in Chapter 2 or 3) the (main) quest line(s) stopped a lot earlier (it's still running, though) - but I was able to gain about 4 buildings from the daily prizes without any problems (perhaps I will get GP1, but I don't think so...). That's totally okay for me, to get more prizes wouldn't be appropriate in my opinion.

DeletedUser1163

I have been crowding my citizens into a smaller piece of land to make room for all these event buildings. If the events continue like this, offering so many buildings, we will have to demolish a previous event building in order to build the current one.

Wish we had a store building (like in FOE). Then we could take a building in our city and store it in our inventory in case we want to build it again.

SoggyShorts

@Electra Firestorm
. If the events continue like this, offering so many buildings, we will have to demolish a previous event building in order to build the current one.
That's the idea. You should make enough progress between events that the old stuff is outdated and needs to be replaced anyways.
Wish we had a store building (like in FOE). Then we could take a building in our city and store it in our inventory in case we want to build it again.
There's no need for this. Like I said, old buildings are outdated and give bad culture/pop compared to new buildings, so there'd be no reason to bring them out of storage once you put them in.

DeletedUser1767

I do like that they're trying out some different types of quests, and even though I agree that the Pay X type kind of got a bit much, I did appreciate that there wasn't any particular reason to build lots of extra level 1 production buildings. It seems like they're still figuring out what the right balance of quests should be, so hopefully we'll see more different types of quests in the future? Completely agree that there should be quests for taking/posting trades.

The buildings were less overpowered than previous events, which is ultimately probably a good thing even though it's also frustrating. I like that they're still trying out new things there too.

None of my cities are going to finish the event, but I'm kind of okay with that. I'm really tired of having my cities hijacked for a month every time a new event comes, and I'm also sort of starting to find the event buildings stressful because I have a hard time replacing them when they become obsolete (especially if there are trees in the design), so I decided to Play It Chill this time around, and as a result I feel like I enjoyed the event more than I have in the past. I got far enough to get some decent rewards, the only part of my city that got hijacked was the MA, and that's about what I was going for.

On a completely frivolous note, that gigantic bow on the catersheep in the second grand prize is k i l l i n g m e. Where are heart-eyes emojis when you need them?

DeletedUser283

I have been crowding my citizens into a smaller piece of land to make room for all these event buildings. If the events continue like this, offering so many buildings, we will have to demolish a previous event building in order to build the current one.

just did this : removed the circus tent and replaced it with the rocky enclosure;
same footprint, much more culture :)

SoggyShorts

Some quest change suggestions:

Aside from a general reduction of the number, a change to
"Spend a good amount of supplies" at least this way it doesn't feel like a total loss.

The supplies amount should be no more than 3x what 40 max workshops make in an hour. Then apply the same principal to Advanced tools and Groceries quests.

I think these should be scaled to actually encourage/reward progress. Almost every advanced player builds a few tiny buildings and upgrades them only to delete them later. That is not progress.
Better would be
"Have 2 residences at level 25"
The scaling would be based on the last residence tech you unlocked.
To make the build times fair across various chapters, earlier chapters would need more than later chapters

Many players have loads of these already, and would rather produce other spells. A simple change to
"Gain 2 spells" would be an improvement.

These just need to go. "Provide Neighborly Help 10x per chapter" would be a great replacement.

DeletedUser1767

Wholehearted endorsement of @SoggyShorts's suggestions.

I also think they need to try to provide more quest types each event. They were trying out some new quest types this time... but they still repeated them as many times as they have previous quest types in previous events, so they still got old. I get that they have a lot of quests to come up with and that a lot of the logical possibilities don't work, but even so, a maximum of two repetitions each (not counting the daily quests), ideally fewer, sounds reasonable. If they'd add the trading quests people often suggest, that would help. They could also do more compound quests or something.

Elderflower

Yes. I also like SoggyShorts' suggestions. I think they would make some of those quests slightly more meaningful and encourage progress in the game. I admit to being one of those who builds a bunch of goods manufactories just to be able to do cheap upgrades in a quest line.