• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

Elderflower

The beginning of the event seems to be made for new players so far:

1. Gain 1000 coins reward 1 Relic
2. Buy 1 Knowledge Point reward 1 Relic
3. Produce Beverages 1 Time reward 1 Relic
4. Gain 1000 supplys reward 1 KP
5. Produce Simple Tools 2 times reward 1 Relic
6. Gain 7000 coins reward 1 Relic
7. Spend 3knowledgepoints reward 1 Relic
8. Scout 1 Province reward 1 KP and 1 Rune
9. Gain 8 Relis reward 1 Magical Manufacturing Spell
10. Solve 10 Encounters or Buy 10 KP reward 1 relic
11. Produce Power of Provision Spell 2 times reward 1 relic

One problem with an event like this is that I stop participating in the tournament because I need to save my resources for gaining relics or solving encounters for the Valentine's Event.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1250

I feel so frustrated and disappointed. It's great to have an event, but I hate it that I must scout a province.

As soon as I found out I was "too far" with the scouting, I stopped. Of course I noticed before that the scouting got more and more expensive and took longer and longer. But no one had told me I should stop. There was a lot of time between some chapters and I kept scouting. Why wouldn't I?
Had I known then what I do know now, I wouldn't have scouted between the chapters, but I didn't know it and can't make it undone, can't fix it, other then stop scouting.
When I read it here on the forums I stopped. My thought was a simple one, if I stop scouting for let's say a year or something, we will get a few new chapters. Scouting will become cheaper by researching the advanced scouts, scouting won't take so long anymore and fighting in provinces will be possible again. It won't be funny and I won't get expansions anymore, but it will be worth it.
Then the winter event came and I had to scout 6 provinces, which I didn't want, but I wanted the rewards badly. And now I need to scout again. Which takes 2 days and 21 hours.
I saw a video in which Timon said: stop scouting. Yeah right, how am I supposed to do that when the events force me to scout?
I wish I would have a choice. I don't mind waiting 2 days for the next quest, so why not give us a choice to make 3 or even 5 spells instead or do the 9 hour production of the workshops 20 times or something like that. Something that takes time, because scouting takes time too, but at least give the players who are already " too far" the choice not to scout anymore and do something else instead.

DeletedUser503

Perhaps a horse puncher is like a cow puncher and Inno just doesnt' know that
it should be a horse wrangler instead LOL. After all, cowboys do not really
punch cows, they herd them, brand them, etc.

DeletedUser1596

As a citizen of Elvenar I feel offended by your outwordly events. Solstice on Elvenar is ok, winter on Elvenar is ok, Valentine on Elvenar is not ok, Tour de France on Elvenar is also not ok.

Dony

King of Bugs
Im not sure about that. In the past you didnt get a rune on 6 star tournemant either. you just got nothing then...
that is also true, but first events we had last year which awarded runes awarded random one if you didnt had researched the wonder rune was from.

DeletedUser1767

I find the picture with this announcement impossibly charming. Like, I'm basically in agreement with @Urvalsandal: I'd rather the events were unique to Elvenar rather than outworldly. But that picture of Burukbrak grinning with those flowers in his hands... he's just too cute, and it's kind of won me over. I'm just going to pretend that the connection to Valentine's Day isn't there.

Gordix

I feel so frustrated and disappointed. It's great to have an event, but I hate it that I must scout a province.

As soon as I found out I was "too far" with the scouting, I stopped. Of course I noticed before that the scouting got more and more expensive and took longer and longer. But no one had told me I should stop. There was a lot of time between some chapters and I kept scouting. Why wouldn't I?
Had I known then what I do know now, I wouldn't have scouted between the chapters, but I didn't know it and can't make it undone, can't fix it, other then stop scouting.
When I read it here on the forums I stopped. My thought was a simple one, if I stop scouting for let's say a year or something, we will get a few new chapters. Scouting will become cheaper by researching the advanced scouts, scouting won't take so long anymore and fighting in provinces will be possible again. It won't be funny and I won't get expansions anymore, but it will be worth it.
Then the winter event came and I had to scout 6 provinces, which I didn't want, but I wanted the rewards badly. And now I need to scout again. Which takes 2 days and 21 hours.
I saw a video in which Timon said: stop scouting. Yeah right, how am I supposed to do that when the events force me to scout?
I wish I would have a choice. I don't mind waiting 2 days for the next quest, so why not give us a choice to make 3 or even 5 spells instead or do the 9 hour production of the workshops 20 times or something like that. Something that takes time, because scouting takes time too, but at least give the players who are already " too far" the choice not to scout anymore and do something else instead.

I agree completely. It would be nice if it was made known to new players that they shouldn't scout out too far. However, I have a newer city on beta and find in order to get expansions you have to scout. City expansions are too few and far between and I WILL NOT PAY 3000 diamonds for an expansion!

DeletedUser607

I agree completely. It would be nice if it was made known to new players that they shouldn't scout out too far. However, I have a newer city on beta and find in order to get expansions you have to scout. City expansions are too few and far between and I WILL NOT PAY 3000 diamonds for an expansion!

oh yes. this scout now takes 2d 9h. and it was a fast one.

I'm not scouting anymore between two special quests, as it just causes more problems.

DeletedUser724

1. I am disappointing and upset about scouting quest
Scouting take time, it is not a day, I just send my scout out ..2 days 10 hour
I strongly recommend, in future,
any scout quest should have a alternative ...like produce power of provision
It will keep our mood up....w/o waiting for a long time ( counting in days of waiting )

2. I am also upset about the buildings award after all event quest is completed
I suppose the building should be better than previous event building
To me, those 2 new event building is worser than event building we get form previous event

3. The reward seems a little strange to me, is there any error
reward 1-- marble relic
reward 2-- steel relic
reward 3-- Plank relic
reward 5-- Plank relic
reward 6-- steel relic
reward 7-- marble relic

I suppose reward 5,6,7 should be next level goods relic, that is crystal, scroll and silk

DeletedUser724

The beginning of the event seems to be made for new players so far:

1. Gain 1000 coins reward 1 Relic
2. Buy 1 Knowledge Point reward 1 Relic
3. Produce Beverages 1 Time reward 1 Relic
4. Gain 1000 supplys reward 1 KP
5. Produce Simple Tools 2 times reward 1 Relic
6. Gain 7000 coins reward 1 Relic
7. Spend 3knowledgepoints reward 1 Relic
8. Scout 1 Province reward 1 KP and 1 Rune
9. Gain 8 Relis reward 1 Magical Manufacturing Spell
10. Solve 10 Encounters or Buy 10 KP reward 1 relic
11. Produce Power of Provision Spell 2 times reward 1 relic

:)

To Marinfor
I am on the opposite side,
player log on beta forum or somewhere else, they want to know "quest details"
so that they can prepare ahead
just like scouting, they may need to send scout out earlier

Just to me, if I know there is a scouting quest
I will not log on map to check anything < my current scouting end when I login map>
Now, I have to re-send scout with 2 days and 10 hour < the faster that I can >

For player who want to have a surprise, I have no objection
But they should SKIP that post and do not read it < rather than hiding thing from those who want to read it >
Player logon beta forum and want to find it, we have no time to read every post and find your spoiler ( cover things they want to know )

Every one who go thro' post quickly
if they come across and seeing something look like quest details, they will have their choice
read it or skip it ( for those who want surprise ), there is no need to add a spoiler

We do not have much (many ) time
If you play Tournment, you spend tons of time in tournment ( not in event quests ), doing those manual fight
If you do notoften login to play elvenar, with limit time, they want quest details so save works

Please save player who play tournment and spare those who do not have many time to play elvenar
DO NOT USE SPOILER TO COVER ANY EVENT QUEST DETAILS

please let those , who want surprise , skip the message

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

I agree with everyone on the prizes. They are... lackluster. They don't completely suck, they just aren't very good. I'm kind of disappointed. I hope there are more rune shards in the quest awards to make the event worth while. Instead of buildings, couldn't Elvenar give out an expansion or a pack of 10 random runes or something?

that new guest race will probably come with a new use for the blueprints, making event buildings upgradeable. And it wouldnt suprise me if these rewards suddenly become good in the next chapter :)

What blueprints? Have you been able to get any yet? And do you know what they're good for? I still don't.

What is a Horse-puncher?o_O Sounds cruel
Well I looked it up and the only thing Google came up with is someone who punches horses!!!! Why are we helping someone who punches horses in his romantic quest? This is baffling:eek::(

ROFL. I think just a horse wrangler, but I agree that the descriptions were hilarious. Someone had fun with this event. It's the best part about it!

I agree. I am well over 3 days per scout. I have started playing on another world just to see if the game is even playable without scouting ahead, by using the guides to tell me when I have scouted "enough" or "too far". So far, what I've found is that it's not really possible to fight in the provinces they want you to have until you've completed the chapter and gotten all the squad upgrades. It's unclear if you can even do it then. So there still needs to be some balancing across scouting/provinces/fighting. It would be helpful if Elvenar could do something for those of us who are loyal players but have gone "too far" since we didn't know it was an issue when we were doing it. The admonishment from Timon to stop scouting, followed by these events all requiring scouts, is frustrating.

DeletedUser1075

adding insult to injury :
when my scouting finally completes, next quest is said to be "gain xx relics"
my scout will arrive after tournament finishes...
bad, bad quests indeed

The event is long enough that you should be able to get the relics from the next tournament... but yes, I agree, this is just completely demotivating.

DeletedUser1767

ROFL. I think just a horse wrangler, but I agree that the descriptions were hilarious. Someone had fun with this event. It's the best part about it!
Agreed! I just met Gaelagil, and her first dialogue to Burukbrak is hilarious. I hope they post a transcript of the whole thing on the Wiki (er eventually).

On the one hand, I guess I get why the prizes are mechanically overwhelming: if every single event had stronger buildings than the one before it, before long they'd be too strong. Honestly I thought the Hallowe'en buildings were overpowered, if anything. On the other hand, it is kind of a let down. It seems like they should more or less match the level of other events of that type. At least these are smaller. And pretty. I will probably build them regardless because of the pretty.

Orthogonally, one thing I really like about these events is that they leave behind clues as to which cities are active. That's useful for recruiting and deciding which neighbours to give NH to when pressed for time.

DeletedUser1075

On the one hand, I guess I get why the prizes are mechanically overwhelming: if every single event had stronger buildings than the one before it, before long they'd be too strong.

Actually, I'd be thrilled if the event buildings matched the highest powered cultural building for culture per square for my level. Or at least +- 5 or 10. They wouldn't be overpowered then, they'd be at parity (though slightly underpowered by the next chapter). These aren't even close. Some of the winter event buildings were kinda bad too. I don't have a lot of space to waste on pretty but useless. "Pretty + close" are fine, "pretty + way off the mark" isn't getting built in my city. Space is too much at a premium.

+1 for posting the transcript. :)

ALdbeign

Before I get to feedback, I would just like to say THANK YOU! I did not expect a new event so soon after the last one and I definitely appreciate this! :) I do understand this is a minor event and I don't expect these rewards to be incredible given there are only 23 quests to complete, I would like them to be at least worth the space they take up though (and one of them definitely is!)

I looked at the balance of the prizes just now. On the live servers, I can be quite sure that I will not even bother to place the Gaelagil's Balcony prize unless the stats are rebalanced upward.

The population density is similar to that of the Woodelves' Habitat (which is already an inefficient use of space) and the culture is only a touch better. Combined with the lack of mana production, this prize seems utterly useless (which is not to say worthless - some may find it pretty).

Burukbrak's Bridge of Love will get placed, but it is only about 15% better culture/square than mana fountains, and it lacks the mana production too.

Both prizes seem VERY weak in comparison with the prizes from the Snow Flurry event, the Halloween event, and others.
I think the lack of mana production also means not needing a road, I agree the higher chapter stats could use some tweaking however (quite a bit for the balcony). While I would prefer a reward that is not road dependent, when I am also mana dependent I would appreciate something that packs a little more punch (especially with regards to the Balcony).
About the event itself, im curious how an orc is gonna try to be romantic against a woodelf. From what i understood when woodelves came, they hate te orcs....
This is classic! Please see Romeo and Juliet! I love the twist on it! :D
devs have a weird concept of romance :p ;
everything starts smooth and cool, and all of a sudden, "scout a province":eek:
you guys serious ?o_O
56 hours ! that's what it is, so please stop claiming that we scouted too far, because you are the ones who made us do it in the first place !:mad:

Scout a province. Really? How many more times must we discuss why this is a bad idea?
Agreed! for a Major event (like the winter event) painful scout quests make sense but for a minor event (like this/ Halloween etc), requiring scouting is both irritating to all those who can no longer fight in the world but also (sorry!) hypocritical. this quest needs to be replaced, bad enough you have the solve x encounters quest (yes it is OR buy x KP however when this goes live...a lot of people spent a TON buying KP last event, could you at least fix the counter so it is AND/OR instead of just OR please?)
As a citizen of Elvenar I feel offended by your outwordly events. Solstice on Elvenar is ok, winter on Elvenar is ok, Valentine on Elvenar is not ok, Tour de France on Elvenar is also not ok.
Eh, any excuse for a party is a GOOD excuse :p Maybe a name change that doesn't say Valentine for the Hallmark haters ("LoveFest" "Beltane" no wait too early for that and also "real worldly")

Personally, as long as it isn't religious in nature (or not too religious) I'm cool with anything the devs come up with for an event...

also, I mean...easter is coming, that is a christian event sure...but but...easter bunny means easter eggs...who wants to miss out on those...be nice to our game devs, they try really hard to make the game fun and give us presents (that we have to work for, sure...) you wanna kill easter with this talk? :confused::mad:o_O

DeletedUser1767

Actually, I'd be thrilled if the event buildings matched the highest powered cultural building for culture per square for my level. Or at least +- 5 or 10. They wouldn't be overpowered then, they'd be at parity (though slightly underpowered by the next chapter).
Mm, yeah, thinking about it, I think it was actually the combination of the overall size of the Hallowe'en buildings with their culture-per-square that I felt was a bit much, not the culture-per-square efficiency itself. The Scream in particular is so much bigger than any other cultural buildings you get before the end of Chapter Four, so while I thought they were fine for advanced cities, they struck me as overpowered for smaller cities. But these are much smaller, so yeah, you're right, having them match or come close to the most efficient culture building for a given chapter would be both reasonable and feasible. (I do think the spatial dimensions of the buildings are appropriate for this scale of event, though.)