• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Guild system

DeletedUser31

First of all I want to say that this is just a plain suggestion/idea on a guild system. I'd love to hear your opinions, ideas on this.

In Elvenar there are given two races, Humans and Elves. In many fantasy genre games, the races are always fighting against each other. This game could be something else. Elvenar could make a new experience happen.

What I think about is:

If a Guild/Tribe system will happen, the guilds wouldn't be race-only guilds. Since we can help our neighbors regardless of race, it would make sense, to have the two races in the same guilds.

The other idea of mine is:
When there are guilds, you would see the guild members on your map as discovered players. And you would be able to scout their surroundings, but you would get the relic only if you connected the neighbour's area with your discovered area.

What do you guys think? I'd love to read your feedback/improvements. :)

DeletedUser

Hi,

I was thinking about a guild system too.

1) Depending on the background that the devs want to create, it could be nice indeed to have multicultural guilds, even if there isn't currently any big differences between elves and humans.

2) Put in common the viewed area is a pretty good idea. Personnally, I wouldn't add the scouting option, because it would be pretty expensive and as the power of the defensives units seems to scale with the distance, it would be quite a pain to deal with these new lands. But to be able to see the territory allows you to trade and to help a lot of new people which could be very nice.

3) I also bring my own contribution : what about dungeons or dragons' lair or all this kind of stuff with a treasure at the end, only achievable in groups ? I imagine wide battles with dozens of unit's stacks, which could renew a bit the actual encounters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31

I knew I forgot something I wanted to write, you made me remember, thanks. :D

I liked your idea. :)

I also thought about "Multiplayer Boss instances".

So you would have a bigger battle area, with powerful bosses on the right and allies on the left. You'd have the same round-system as usual, but with multiple players. The boss would give either lots of resources, even bonuses, or anything. And these encounters would be placed on the map, but not too much of them.

Multiplayer instance system is working in The West, I don't know, if the same technology could be used in Elvenar too.
Or an other resolution: Turn based isntances. Let's say 5 players get to fight in an encounter. They sign up for it, and when 5 players are ready, the server would determinate their fight order. The first player gets in the battlefield, makes his move, ends his turn, the system makes him leave the battle screen. The system puts the second player in the battle screen, sees what the first player did, makes his move, then leaves and so on. Like chess. There would be a maximum amount of waiting time determined, so fights wouldn't go on forever.

Also guild-system: Guild building...
This building would give some bonus on each level. but instead of leveling it with your resources, the guild members should donate to the buildings. If the donated resources get to a certain lvel, you would be able to upgrade it with one of your builders.
Bonuses would be: x% goods/coin/supply production; x%attack/defense bonus; x% building time reduction.

DeletedUser

Seems like a similar system is on the way !
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/alliances.56/#post-489

For multiplayers battles as I don't play to The West I can't say how it works, however I think there are plenty of solutions to make it playable. I prefer that each player can see the battle screen, it's better for the coordination :p

Guild building would also be a classical but enjoyable feature.

DeletedUser126

Great! Hope it will allow on all sorts of perks and research and all the other goodies ;)

DeletedUser231

I cannot see this ever working. Might sound good in principle but getting players to be active in an alliance/tribe/guild is very problematic. Most players are not team players they want the benefits of being in a team but very rarely will they actually participate. Case in point when looking at...Grepolis, Tribal Wars,Forge of Empires etc etc etc.....It is very hard to convince players to get together on OPS...many say sorry real life issues....But then look at their level of activity when they get attacked. Most players want to be connected to a large group, the need for self protection but then ask them to help out and they have nothing but excuses why they cannot.

I cannot see this ever flying. I like this just as it is.

I am tired of helping everyone then when I ask for help I see most players run for the hills with a list of massive excuses....

Sorry do NOT like this idea. It changes the game mechanics too much and I like the way they designed this game and changing it for this would probably make me leave...Tired of this so called guild/tribe/alliance stuff.....

DeletedUser126

Rug if you dont like it why play online game ? You can just play single player then :p

Yes some have excuses, but if you join a decent guild it works like a clockwork :)

DeletedUser231

You have your reasons and I have mine. Most Guilds do not work and that is a fact. If you look at ALL the guild's/Tribe's/alliances forums you will see massive inactivity. Only a very small percentage of players actually saying and doing anything. This is coming from playing ALL of innogames GAMES. A decent Guild/Tribe/alliance rarely exists. Most Guild/tribes/alliance suffers from a lack of decent leadership, forum inactivity and player inactivity. Most players are in Guilds/Tribes/Alliances only for self serving interests, they like to be associated with a larger identity but when it really comes down to it, most players membership to these organization are utterly useless and that is a FACT.

Problems with Guild/Tribe/Alliances

>>Lack of leadership Skills
>>Dictatorship leaders
>>Player inactivity and self serving players
>>Players want help but rarely give it
>>Forum inactivity
>>Lack of Cooperation, Coordination, Communication
>>Lack of players wanting to learn or read the mechanics of most games
>>Players give excuses rather than helping.
>>Players wanting but rarely giving.

So saying decent guilds ect working like clockwork...Only rarely.

------------------------

As an example....Look at this wee game.

Most players do not respond to mails...FACT
Most players hardly work together....FACT

Look at the massive amount of forum posts written by others stating this lack of player activity, in trading and communication.

Now what difference would it make if there were Guilds/Tribes or Alliances?

I have been in Top Tribes/Alliances/Guilds.....Most fall to pieces because of the previous posts list.

Tribes/Alliances/Guilds = T.A.G.............Rarely function like they should.

Edit by Lauwi: Merged double posts. Please use the edit button.

DeletedUser

Sadly enough Rug has a point. In my alliance on Grepolis only 1/4 is active on the forum. About ten people, the others are not very visible on the forum.

DeletedUser31

Some players are just not good leaders this is true. But this doesn't mean that an alliance system is bad.
In my opinion if I play in a guild my goal is to achieve something with my guildmates. If the other players have different ideas about what it means to be in a guild, maybe it's not the right team for me to be in. We have to find players who share the same goals and interest and motives. That's the reason of a guild. If you were in a guild that had members who were inactive or didn't respond to mails, didn't use te (important parts of the) forum it's too bad, but it's not the games fault, it's the players' fault and you should find new friends in that game.

Simply I don't see why a guild system would be bad. If you don't like the idea of it you don't have to use it.

DeletedUser126

Guess you need to change your guild :p

But most casual people are slackers, thats true, but that done mean you have to make singleplayer game. If there wont be any guilds here i will just quit the game as its pointless to play singleplayer game and i have better stuff to do :)

DeletedUser231

Sadly enough Rug has a point. In my alliance on Grepolis only 1/4 is active on the forum. About ten people, the others are not very visible on the forum.

I entered a world not long ago. I joined the top alliance in that world. I was looking forward to being in a good active alliance. Then discovered the leader was a dictator. I rose to the rank of leader and I could not hardly say anything in the forum that did not have the permission of the founder/dictator of that alliance. So I left and joined another. This time the founder never said anything. Sadly so did the bulk of the rest of that alliance and it was the 2nd top alliance of the world. All central core alliances. At last count I had joined 8-9 alliances and still disappointed in player participation. I have never been so disappointed in player participation. Many players liked asking for help and want resources. I am the type of player that rarely asks for anything and I am more than happy to supply troops, ships and resources...TO A POINT. If my generosity gets abused I stop. I finally had enough, and left that world and that game. I will never play another game of GREPOLIS. Even Tribal Wars is a huge disappointment. My current tribe says absolutely nothing in the forum. I posted a message in the forum 3 days ago....No reply and no one has said anything. Last post was from a player who asked for support and I was the only player who supported him. He left the tribe in disgust.

------------------------

Guess you need to change your guild :p

But most casual people are slackers, thats true, but that done mean you have to make singleplayer game. If there wont be any guilds here i will just quit the game as its pointless to play singleplayer game and i have better stuff to do :)

Why is it pointless to play a game without Silly little inactive guilds?

Why do all games have to have guilds and why do you say you are going to quit after investing so much into this wee game?

Not all games HAVE to have TAGS....

------------------------

Some players are just not good leaders this is true. But this doesn't mean that an alliance system is bad.
In my opinion if I play in a guild my goal is to achieve something with my guildmates. If the other players have different ideas about what it means to be in a guild, maybe it's not the right team for me to be in. We have to find players who share the same goals and interest and motives. That's the reason of a guild. If you were in a guild that had members who were inactive or didn't respond to mails, didn't use te (important parts of the) forum it's too bad, but it's not the games fault, it's the players' fault and you should find new friends in that game.

Simply I don't see why a guild system would be bad. If you don't like the idea of it you don't have to use it.

T.A.G.'S are a great idea I do not fault the mechanics of it. I fault all the players who rarely say or do anything and sadly that is the vast majority of players. IF There are a ton of guilds and a player took the top active players in each guild and combined them into ONE guild then you would have a GREAT guild. I cannot remember how many times I have heard that EXACT same thing, players wishing that they could combine all the most active players in one group. It is not the fault of the game designers, they provide a platform to have fun. I fault players not friends who make the forum inactive, thus making guilds utterly pointless. Most T.A.G.S have players who are not friends unless they are premades from other worlds. And even then forum activity is quite weak.

So in general almost all T.A.G.S are a weak item, players should closely excamine why TAG'S fail and then look at their contributions to them.

Edit by Lauwi: Merged the triple posts. Please use the edit button.

DeletedUser126

Why is it pointless to play a game without Silly little inactive guilds?

Why do all games have to have guilds and why do you say you are going to quit after investing so much into this wee game?

Not all games HAVE to have TAGS...

Thats because i play online games for 25 years and run one of the oldest multi-gaming communities in the world.

I started the game to pave the way for our members to play in it, and started recruitment for the guild we will here ahead of time. Any online game needs to have a guild if you want to play solo, dont join a guild no one forces you.

There is a reason why i dont play singleplayer games, because they are boring.

I like player interaction, i like to compete and thats what online games are all about.

If you had such a bad experiences you had to be in bad guilds, or have very bad luck, as my experiences where completely different. Online gaming is all about connecting with other people, making friends and playing together. Even bad games are fun if played with friends.

DeletedUser231

Well basically it all falls down to this. If there is no so called stupid guilds you will quit and if there are guild or what ever I WILL quit...

DeletedUser126

Well basically it all falls down to this. If there is no so called stupid guilds you will quit and if there are guild or what ever I WILL quit...

Pretty much, but what is more likely to happen? You know the answer.

Developer's are experienced enough to know what key elements are required in an online game and "Alliance System" is already announced and in works. Only thing we can influence is its shape now. I already posted my suggestions about it, and i know they did a pretty good job about it in FoE.

DeletedUser58

You can play the game without joining any alliances, they don't have to ruin your gameplay experience just by existing. But in general yes, any multiplayer game has teams of some kind because A) it allows close interaction between players B) it promotes competition; both of these keep players entertained, working together, aiming at a particular goal and often times spending money to achieve those same goals. 99% of the multiplayer games have some type of team formations for those purposes. Singular gameplay is focused for small online games or video games of any type (basically something you can "complete", whether it's a campaign, scenario, or sandbox gameplay, it's usually something where you can stop playing at any point any not have any losses).

This is not the case for online multiplayer games, the majority of the activity and profit come from guilds, and it's usually what keeps a player playing even if they're no longer that fond of the game (as an example I'm still playing FoE because of my guildmates with whom we've been together over 2 years, but the gameplay itself has become boring for me at this point). You can choose to ignore all that and keep playing solo, but the company and the game cannot take that pleasure away from the players, they'd be shooting their game in the foot with that choice.

DeletedUser

Hello Rufbug,
I don't play Grepolis but I play FOE on four worlds . In each world I join guild and I it's fine ! In one of them, i'm one of the leader. I think that all of us make good job . The members of my guild say that !
If you are always bad experience with guild perhaps you 're unlucky or you're make bad choice (i.e you have not define precisely what you expect in a guild).
In one world, about many months I quit my first guild because my objectives have changed. I move in an other and it's again very fine.
Smallprecision : I quit my ancien guild in good terms.With some of them, i have still friendly relation (as it autorised in FOE).
Come on FOE ! Or try again and find a guild for you !
If you decide to come on FOE send me a mp and I tell you in which world I play : i you want you can join us in a guild and discover that it's fine !