• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.30

DeletedUser118

How do you know the majority of the players aren't bothered by it? Cuz they don't say so on the forum? How high is the percentage of players active on Beta who also have an Account here? As long as you don't ask people in game about their thoughts I highly doubt you will ever get to know what people really think about this game and its changes.

DeletedUser651

The majority of players don't even know how to access the forums. They try to log in with their password they play the game with, can't get in, and give up immediately. The tiny few who are still willing to jump over that hurdle still can't figure out how to access the forums because they signed up long ago and didn't know there was an email they were supposed to find. Then, of the teeny tiny few that get that far, most simply quit the game if they don't like the changes.

Unhappy customers squawk. Really unhappy customers never say a word. The forums are really quiet on the US server. That isn't a good sign.

Not to mention, everyone who reads the forums knows there is no point in saying anything anyway since we are never listened to. So, why bother?

DeletedUser338

Pff, if you can't be bothered to find out how to join the forum (a ridiculously easy thing to do) then you're not really bothered by those quests either. Players might not be positive about them, but they'll deal with it.

DeletedUser118

Of course they'll deal with them. Or do they have any other options? ;)

What's bothering me is just that somebody says ppl who don't come here and complain about a problem, don't really care about it.

I suppose the most of them do care about it but don't wanna bother with posting something and instead just leave the game. The holes in the map should be a good indicator for that.

DeletedUser867

Has anybody tested the new in-game Email + Password change capability? In particular, CAN you use your new email address and password to REGISTER on the forum? Hopefully one can, which will help a lot.

The other consideration is that folks need to be PLAYING in-game, and spending some time there, before they'll have any reason to visit the forum which, let's face it, DOES require some additional time. So until a player has a score of 1000 or so, I wouldn't even EXPECT them to look to the forums for additional information.

So our "nobody ever looks at the forums anyway" metrics should be based on the folks who actually HAVE 1000 or more points, because the folks with fewer points aren't doing anything more than occasionally wandering by.

DeletedUser651

if you can't be bothered to find out how to join the forum (a ridiculously easy thing to do) then you're not really bothered by those quests either.

No. Most people aren't bothered. They leave this game and never look back. It doesn't bother them at all if the world map is full of holes and hardly anyone has any active neighbors. They aren't bothered that the game is slow and boring. They don't care that the long time players are quitting with each "upgrade". They could care less that it is difficult to make any trades except for your fellowship. They are off playing other games and aren't bothered in the slightest.

Jixel

Looks like we got two upgrades in succession - 0.30.2653, then 0.30.2602 - a hotfix to the hotfix :)

(I had the same issue - not able to enter a province - found that going back to my city and re-trying the same province got me in ...)

The problem 'cannot got back to province after battle' was solved in a genial manner:

With this recient 'bugfix-update' you are unable to enter a battle, so the problem of no appearing the battle-end dialog vanished. :)
Please create a thread for that in the Report a Bug section, as we cannot process it from here.

Looks like we got two upgrades in succession - 0.30.2653, then 0.30.2602 - a hotfix to the hotfix :)
Yes, we did indeed have a second hotfix today - again just for some backend stuff that didn't affect the game itself. :)

DeletedUser118

Anything still planned for us this year? With upcomming holiday season I guess most of your developers will be on holidays too and not availble till next year, right?

DeletedUser

Please create a thread for that in the Report a Bug section ...

My Dear,
do you really have the sensation that any 'developer' is interested in anything reported in the Bug-Section or something posted below Ideas and Suggestions?

The forum is intended to work as a "buffer" for any malcontents (better they write here, than on public game forums), as an ashtray for ideas, as trash can for reports of bugs. - and as you know very well, taking advantage of and with the exploitation of some users made to mods, paid with some diamonds, causing them to all sorts of senseless lust for power, but basically also doesn't contribute to any enhancements, improvements or bug fixes.

There is published an article in the 'pc-magazin', one of the most respected German computer journals of the first hour, about 'online-browser-games' you should read. If you don't know German, you can use the page translator integrated in your browser.

Here's the link: http://www.pc-magazin.de/ratgeber/a...ielen-geld-waehrung-items-kaufen-2644867.html

DeletedUser338

@Extranjero Most bugs get fixed, so I'd say devs are quite interested in the bugs you experience. Also, several of the ideas I offered on the forums were implemented in the game one way or the other. So stop being so cynical.

DeletedUser651

Extranjero, I don't know if you saw the recent South Park episodes on sponsored content, but you sound just like Jimmy. I am cracking up here!!

DeletedUser651

"We have just performed a hotfix for version 0.30 that contained a few bugfixes for our backend. This hotfix does not bring any ingame changes."

The game is still freezing doing neighborly help. But I was able to get to the world map which I wasn't yesterday.

edit: by the time I was done doing NH, the game had to be refreshed after every visit.

edit: cleared cache, restarted computer, could hardly even sign back in. Game stuck on 79% loading. Finally got in, went to the world map to fight a battle and the game froze. Had to refresh. As soon as I was back in, the game gives me a notification that I am involved in a battle and do I want to go back. I choose yes. Game freezes again and won't load.

I am off to play candy crush now. bbl

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

My Dear,
do you really have the sensation that any 'developer' is interested in anything reported in the Bug-Section or something posted below Ideas and Suggestions?

The forum is intended to work as a "buffer" for any malcontents (better they write here, than on public game forums), as an ashtray for ideas, as trash can for reports of bugs. - and as you know very well, taking advantage of and with the exploitation of some users made to mods, paid with some diamonds, causing them to all sorts of senseless lust for power, but basically also doesn't contribute to any enhancements, improvements or bug fixes.

There is published an article in the 'pc-magazin', one of the most respected German computer journals of the first hour, about 'online-browser-games' you should read. If you don't know German, you can use the page translator integrated in your browser.

Here's the link: http://www.pc-magazin.de/ratgeber/a...ielen-geld-waehrung-items-kaufen-2644867.html

Many bugs are fixed without you knowing about it, and every bug that is reported here will be investigated. Some reported bugs still make it to the live servers because of the tight schedule the developers have. When it comes to ideas, many player ideas have been implemented, you can check that in the archive. When it comes to the Elvenar team, non of us have shown any lust for power, we do however make sure the forum rules are respected, and we will take action against players who think they deserve some special treatment by not respecting the rules, or have nothing better to do than to share their constant negative views in a disrespectful sarcastic way.

DeletedUser118

Anything still planned for us this year? With upcomming holiday season I guess most of your developers will be on holidays too and not availble till next year, right?

Could still need an answer for that. :)