• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Founding additional cities

DeletedUser

Perhaps there is a way to at least temporarily lower some of the biggest actual problems of the game, inactivity and missing content:

There could be an additional research at the end of the tree 'Found a new city'. If researched, you could go to the worldmap and choose 1 of your discovered neighbor cities (with a shown status of 'inactive, ready to take over') and found there your second city. It should work completely independent, the only thing the 2 cities share should be the KP bar.

DeletedUser1095

Brilliant! I'll take it! +111!

Just one question: Wouldn't the two cities share any diamonds on the player's account as well as KPs?

DeletedUser

Because it's the same world, I'd say they have to share diamonds. But I know Inno also from FoE, there is even sharing diamonds from different worlds, I very much dislike that!

DeletedUser

Please tell me how to take over a inactive neighbor? For one they get deleted after thirty day period and then replaced.
Please tell me how would a second city help? If you wanted to start over you could just as well sell everything and rebuild, if the devs used a button for degrading the Main Hall and Barracks you would have solved that issue.
Please tell me when a person is allowed 1 account you now get two cities which is the same as 2 accounts in this game?
It is a try and I like you for it, but it doesn't seem very worked out. If this is a FoE thing than not a very good one, Good Game Empire had outposts, not real cities. A much better idea than real cities.

DeletedUser1095

It's not a FoE thing.
A second city would help by giving your neighbourhood another active city to aid, trade with, etc. The devs can still fit newcomers in as well - it's not like there's a shortage of inactive cities!
Would you like to explain what you mean by an "outpost", if you feel that would be better? Thanks!

DeletedUser

but it doesn't seem very worked out

Of course it's not worked out in detail, I like proposals that way. First it will show, if the underlying idea is liked enough and then the details can be added.

I don't say it's an optimal approach to use KPs, that entirely go to waste otherwise, to research the same things you already researched once and build a similar city again. On the other hand it should be fairly easy to implement and could be a fast workaround.

DeletedUser

Please tell me how to take over a inactive neighbor? For one they get deleted after thirty day period and then replaced.
Please tell me how would a second city help? If you wanted to start over you could just as well sell everything and rebuild, if the devs used a button for degrading the Main Hall and Barracks you would have solved that issue.
+1
And the suggestion has been proposed here.

DeletedUser

And the suggestion has been proposed here.

It's completely different, what I propose is an active city ;).

@Drialik:
It seems to me you are dreaming :). Do you really believe, the 20000+ inactives are deleted, once they reach the 30 days? It would mean, most of them would be deleted instantly. For sure this will not happen, those will disappear only then, if players to replace them are ready. And this takes time.....

Maybe you can try a different strategy to build your second city (I have not finished thinking about, if you should be able to try the other race), but that's not the purpose of my proposal. It is very urgent to be able to use the KP you're gaining constantly, with a second city you can as well increase your ranking as expand your trading range (once your second city is able to trade).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Superalexandre you haven't read the threads. Thuncal explained about a Grepolislike farmer village. This is the colonizing style and I am against it because it doesn't seem fitting. Do small outposts that never can achieve the same size. They should have different bonuses, but they also should have a trade limit per day.

DeletedUser1095

Superalexandre you haven't read the threads. Thuncal explained about a Grepolislike farmer village. This is the colonizing style and I am against it because it doesn't seem fitting. Do small outposts that never can achieve the same size. They should have different bonuses, but they also should have a trade limit per day.

Can you please explain what you mean by "outposts"? Thanks

DeletedUser

An outpost or forward base is a small fort some distance from a city or main fort. As it isn't a full grown city and yet fully controllable it isn't a very bad idea.

DeletedUser

I find this idea reasonable and I support it! Great! ;)
Alessandro

DeletedUser118

An outpost would only make sense if it comes with benefits for the main city. For example: I can move my Steel production or barracks over there to have more space once my city is build up completely.

Another idea would be, that these outposts can be attacked and looted. So we could bring in the idea about a wall at this point.

DeletedUser

I'm reading all posts, but I cant decide by now what would be the better solution. Maybe someone will have the final idea on this case.
For me it would be nice to have a place to store at least my KP, Coins and Supplies which I cant place into Main Hall because it's limit has been reached.
The possibility to completely takeover a dead city in my neighbourhood would also be a good option.

DeletedUser

KPs I can agree can get stuck because of not able to progress further on the research tree as they dont have any other use as yet in this game but I seriously don't know how the supplies and Coins get filled up to capacity ... I have always some use or the other for both the coins and supplies ...for me they have never got stuck at full capacity till date ...and I have got only a level 8 Main Hall which is not even a decent level .... So the maximum i can get is 910k coins and 91000 supplies and still never got stuck at the maximum capacity ... :D

DeletedUser

They could be available in the search tree, especially for this second city ?

DeletedUser1095

An outpost or forward base is a small fort some distance from a city or main fort. As it isn't a full grown city and yet fully controllable it isn't a very bad idea.

Sorry, I still don't understand - apparently I haven't played the games you've had outposts in. Can you explain how you picture "outposts" functioning in this game? I'm interested. What would make it different from a regular city?