• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Founding additional cities

DeletedUser

I like the idea... (not thinking about difficulites with implementing etc.). Overtaking an empty (or better, dropped) city I could build a 'humans' city next to my Elven city for example. And I didn't need a second MainAccount.

DeletedUser

That is right. Could have been changed by Inno when we would be permitted to overtake a neighbours town..... who knows. I wouldn't have to administer two Elvenar-Accounts anyway.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

No don't break the immersion by having the ability of being biracial.

DeletedUser252

For one they get deleted after thirty day period and then replaced.
No they are not. Half of my neightbourhood is inactive from the moment I started to play ( febr.) and they still are there

update: this morning (may 20) I noticed that half of my neightbourhood is gone. Just empty, no city's, no replacement. I wonder who is going to move in. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My near neighbourhood is also the same as when I started playing at 2. week of march.

DeletedUser118

Mine isn't. Some have played their accounts for quite a while, but still, visiting them every day its clearly visible that the number of inactive players has increased rapidly over the last few weeks. I'm not really sure why but my suggestion would be that they got bored of the game and don't see that much of a change very soon. And to be honest I can understand them somehow.

So maybe this idea might change it a bit but I highly doubt its gonna bring back all of them. For that it needs alot more to be done!

DeletedUser

...well, so actually I'm really lucky for having many active nieghbours in my world but I hope that they don't get bored soon :eek:

DeletedUser283

many players are "weekend warriors", and they will scatter away when sunshine is threre ;)

DeletedUser872

I like the idea of "colonizing" abandoned cities very much but just for one reason, to increase trades (and to be able to do more fights would be a second reason but the urgent problem of inactive cities is the bad marketsituation).
I think that if the additional city produces 3 different goods the trades on the market could even get worse for the need to trade for a person with an additional city would decrease. So perhaps you would only be alowed to produce only one (chosen) good. Now the market will likely be supported with new offers of a scarce good.

DeletedUser

If the boosted goods are distributed as badly as all the time then it wouldn't help. e.g.: Most players need silk. Now we overtake an abandoned city and all of us decide to produce - silk. Hmm - I wonder what effect this would have to the trades.

DeletedUser

Yes, I agree with you MagicLucy: goods'd have to be distributed better than actually is.
For example, I've had to build at least two gems manufactories (this is not my boosted good so I've high production costs) 'cause in the market gems are very rare to trade and I've used a lot of space and a lot of population that I could use for other :(

DeletedUser

I did the same from the point I started to play the game. Later I decided to tear the non-boosted manus down and started to build only manus that are boosted.
The result is, I regret this decision now, because I have to buy those goods for high prices at the trader (many of the trading people are setting up trades with a ratio that is not acceptable.(Discovered yet, or not)

DeletedUser

The boosted goods of a city are not chooseable, they are determined by the special location of a city on the map. As already explained in other threads you get the boost for the good related to the north, southwest and southeast province near your city.

But you can of course choose a certain combination of boosted goods by carefully choosing the location of your second city. Getting boosts for three different goods may be no good news for some of your trading partners, but don't forget, that the new city needs a lot of time to be able to produce tier 3 goods for example and them traders should be able to found their own second city in the meantime.

DeletedUser

For me it's exactly the same: since few days I've many more traders in the market, but all of them have not been discovered by me so it's not possible to accept their offers 'cause they're too much expensive for me...I've to do all by myself :(

DeletedUser

The boosted goods of a city are not chooseable, they are determined by the special location of a city on the map. As already explained in other threads you get the boost for the good related to the north, southwest and southeast province near your city.

But you can of course choose a certain combination of boosted goods by carefully choosing the location of your second city. Getting boosts for three different goods may be no good news for some trading partners of you, but don't forget, that the new city needs a lot of time to be able to produce tier 3 goods for example and them traders should be able to found their own second city in the meantime.

The one or the other way may cause new problems, you're right methusu. At the moment I've no better idea to suggest, sorry.
Another thought: If the boost that we got is related to the surrounding environment, why do so few players have a boost on a special good while more ppl have the same boosts?