• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser205

ddevil is right about building manufactories you don't have a boost for. That is not the intention of the game, and players only do it due to lack of active neighbours. That problem is being worked on, we just have to remain patient to see what the devs come up with.

@Goryn if that is right the whole game as it is now is very illogical :oops:

let me sum up:
a) basically players spend their time to win or their goods to negotiate encounters with relicts they don't need for their boosted manus (as @Tsarina just pointed to also)
b) we have to spend long days to research upgrades for manus without boost because we can't get further in the researchtree without doing this.
c) we get quests we cannot decline to build manus without boost to advanced levels.

and all that although it is NOT intended of the devs that we have to build notboosted goods (or do I missunderstand your answer?) :eek:

If it is the intention of the devs to offer strategys which make no sense perhaps as part of the game to let us think about what IS the best strategy, then a-c MUST be optional !!!!

and then the solution of this silly mechanic is NOT to work out the inactive-neighbors-problem :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"About the goods requirement to negotiate sectors / provinces I will agree they are very high but as far as I know the dev's have made a conscious effort in making those sectors as difficult as possible to achieve just because they dont want us the players to win them easily and get KPs / relics at the drop of a hat .."

That makes very little sense to me; if I do not have the boost for 6 of 9 goods, why do I have to have so many relics for them? there are too many un-related goods provinces that I have to win, in order to get to the steel and other two boosted ones. What am I expected to do with these useless relics?

The game is not complete yet ... many more features are supposed to be added in future ... so maybe they may have use later on (a la FOE)... Also sometimes to achieve something valuable we have to go through so many unwanted things even though we actually dont want or have use for it ...this is true in real life too and maybe applies in this game too ;)

DeletedUser205

I would prefer not to have the same boring unwanted missfits in games as in reallife.
for what do I play? Shure not to get the same as in reallife

DeletedUser

Although I think, it's more important, what's discussed in the last few posts ;), I will step back to the topic for a short while and report another of these annoying quests (I have Elixir boost):

The quest 'Elven Sorceresses I' (not declinable) is the second one :(, that wants me to upgrade a Magic Dust manufactory...
(Sorry, no screenshot, File Upload option is broken again....)

DeletedUser317

Captura%20de%20pantalla%2020_zpsm0eqq58i.png

DeletedUser205

@methusu out of my experience I can ashure you, the devs had a slope to dustmanus, I didn't get the same with gems ;)

To show every quest where they force to waste time and goods on not boosted manus feels like you don't think they have a storyboard at all.
IMHO it is a fundamental mistake in the gamemechanic and not a problem of single quests

DeletedUser1012

I can understand the need to RESEARCH these, without being able to decline, but we should be able to decline the quests that ask us to BUILD them.

DeletedUser

Maybe you could see it as an objective of knowing the goods. If you can produce the goods you can know what you trade without being scammed. At least if this was possible. Be creative, think of a storyline so it makes sense.

DeletedUser205

IMHO being creative is the job of gamedesigners.
I'm rezepient of a (this) game.
they should make their designideas interesting enough, that a majority of players stay playing over that time, that is needed for a success of their designed game.
Shure I will not dig in dark corners of an assumed storyline to fumble a sense out of it. :confused:

DeletedUser629

@Goryn if that is right the whole game as it is now is very illogical :oops:

let me sum up:
a) basically players spend their time to win or their goods to negotiate encounters with relicts they don't need for their boosted manus (as @Tsarina just pointed to also)
b) we have to spend long days to research upgrades for manus without boost because we can't get further in the researchtree without doing this.
c) we get quests we cannot decline to build manus without boost to advanced levels.

and all that although it is NOT intended of the devs that we have to build notboosted goods (or do I missunderstand your answer?) :eek:

If it is the intention of the devs to offer strategys which make no sense perhaps as part of the game to let us think about what IS the best strategy, then a-c MUST be optional !!!!

and then the solution of this silly mechanic is NOT to work out the inactive-neighbors-problem :rolleyes:

When it comes to relics we can't use at the moment, some players have come up with ideas to make them useful. Completing a province of a non-boosted good is still useful for getting expansions offcourse :)

Players should always have the option to build a non-boosted factory, i would not recommend it, but it is every player's right to do so. This is why we need to research them in the tech tree.

The quest itself should be declinable, and that's exactly what we're disussing here. Players should not be forced to build something that has no use for them to advance in the game, and in this case it slows players down which is never good.

We are working on a solution to solve the inactivity issue, i'm afraid we will still have to wait for it a little while. it has to be a solution that is satisfying to all of us :)

DeletedUser

One of the current quests I have is for me to have 2 boosted marble manufactories. However, I do not have the boost for marble. This makes no sense to require me to do this. What should be encouraged is for players to build only the manufactories that they have the boost for and to trade with other players for the others.

So, in other words, remove this particular quest.
+1 !

DeletedUser118

I hope you don't mind me showing my suprise about how long a discussion can take to add a simple "Decline" button. Cuz that's actually all we want and need. I too am stuck at one of these quests and so far can only wait and see what will happen now.

Of course I still have the repeatable sidequests, but they sure are getting a lil boring after a while. So a solution comming soon to this problem would be something I'd definitely support. ;)

DeletedUser205

@Goryn I'm not a fan of researchtrees which force me to research things I don't want to have. That is a sort of parenting.
To my taste a game has to have more options to decide than elvenar had. Inclusive to decide on which route I go through the researchtree. On the very last researches I have now a bit more options to decide wether I like to research a lot of squatupgrades in short time or better get a last expansion first and after that go back to research squats. And that is somehow what I missed the whole way through. It was simply a research after research clicking+waiting. Maybe that is typical for researchtrees and browsergameplayers got used to that mechanic? I'm not experienced in those games and to me it's clear: I will never play again a game with such a boring mechanic, sorry.

DeletedUser651

I hope you don't mind me showing my surprise about how long a discussion can take to add a simple "Decline" button.
Ditto. I would have thought this idea would have been forwarded and implemented by now. Not one player is pleased that we don't have a decline button.

Players should not be forced to build something that has no use for them to advance in the game, and in this case it slows players down which is never good.

said to the player who has had to wait 102 actual hours before I can get anywhere in the research tree because I am "researching" advanced manufactories that I will never build. And because fighting is next to impossible for me any more, all I can do is wait. So, if you think that it isn't good that players are slowed down, then perhaps you might also think of making these sections of the research tree optional side lines.

DeletedUser629

@Goryn I'm not a fan of researchtrees which force me to research things I don't want to have. That is a sort of parenting.
To my taste a game has to have more options to decide than elvenar had. Inclusive to decide on which route I go through the researchtree. On the very last researches I have now a bit more options to decide wether I like to research a lot of squatupgrades in short time or better get a last expansion first and after that go back to research squats. And that is somehow what I missed the whole way through. It was simply a research after research clicking+waiting. Maybe that is typical for researchtrees and browsergameplayers got used to that mechanic? I'm not experienced in those games and to me it's clear: I will never play again a game with such a boring mechanic, sorry.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Sorella. We don't want players to quit because they feel they have to do things they don't want to do, things that are in no way beneficial to them. Please have a look at this thread https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/non-boosted-manufactory-research.1703/ and add your opinion there. Maybe we can come up with some kind of solution regarding the research tree. Player feedback is very important to us, and if many people feel the way you do, then we need to have a serious look at this issue, and try to do something about it.

I hope you don't mind me showing my surprise about how long a discussion can take to add a simple "Decline" button.
Ditto. I would have thought this idea would have been forwarded and implemented by now. Not one player is pleased that we don't have a decline button.

Players should not be forced to build something that has no use for them to advance in the game, and in this case it slows players down which is never good.

said to the player who has had to wait 102 actual hours before I can get anywhere in the research tree because I am "researching" advanced manufactories that I will never build. And because fighting is next to impossible for me any more, all I can do is wait. So, if you think that it isn't good that players are slowed down, then perhaps you might also think of making these sections of the research tree optional side lines.

The decline button idea has been forwarded, Bobbykitty, so hopefully the devs will implement this so that players don't get stuck with their quest progress :)

Please check the link i posted above regarding the research tree change to make some researches optional for players, we will actively debate this issue with you as many players feel that researching things they don't need is unnecessary, and most importantly, it's slowing players down. You can be sure that every bit of feedback we get from players is taken seriously, we can't however change things overnight. But let's start with debating how the research tree should look like according to you and other players so we can get a clear view on what we need to change to make you all happy :)

DeletedUser1126

#3 for sure. Not having a decline quest option is offensive!