• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser

I would go for either complete removal of non-boosted related quests or changing all to boost related quests ... Can also be done with an option to decline all non-boost related quest .... So any of the 3 options is ok with me ...

DeletedUser

@sorella: You know me, I'm not... :)

Declining is a workaround, if you're facing some bad designed quests. And furthermore, if devs become aware of massive declining of a certain quests, they should see the urgent need to change quest design.

-----

I'm not in favour of any radical solutions on this matter, I don't want to see just streamline quest design. There should remain some quests, you would not like to do very much, but with a logical (story) background and balanced (fair) for all possible boost combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

I haven't thought of that option yet, @methusu . I've now added "Keep all quests related to non-boosted goods, but give them a better background story" to the list of solutions. ;)

DeletedUser205

@sorella: You know me, I'm not... :)

Declining is a workaround, if you're facing some bad designed quests. And furthermore, if devs become aware of massive declining of a certain quests, they should see the urgent need to change quest design.

I agree to that very much.
But I'm not very much optimistic in the given parameters and own motivations of devs.
That's the reason, why I'm voting for the possibility to decline quests.
For me that it the answer of reality players have to face to.
Devs are (for me) the more theoretical thinkers. They don't really play the game, they are developing.
So please give the practitioners of the game the possibiliy to decline and therefore correct developing mischief (sorry for clearly words).

As methusu says, developers can always make their own conclusions in analysis of what happens in the game.

My personal feedback is: there are to much of boring long waitingtimes in this game. And if they would like to design a game with great attraction to play over long distance, they should think those points over.
There is a lot of feetback in this forum about the frustrating issues.
And timewasting and ressorcewasing quests about not-boosting manus are a great obstacle for motivation to play this game furthermore.

IMHO storylines don't take comfort over those obstacles because you can simply ask your pocket calculator, whether things are efficient to do or not.

DeletedUser119

I think the quest design we have now does not help to understand the story (too much time between some quests, lack of explanation, no way to track back the story so far), but I love storyline in games as long as it's not just a sequence of sentences without any logic.

The quest Marble Golems said: "Our connection to the earth is still not strong enough. Golem already help us produce marble, but we could do something for them, too."
"Golems" referes to the marble factory for me. But if I don't have any marble manufactory in my town and never had (because it's not my boosted one), why would I want to thanks them? It's totally illogical.
If I have only planks manufactory, I would prefer that the quest ask me to upgrade planks manufactory to thanks the treants.

So if I had to choose only one choice among Lauwi's proposals, it would be to change all quests related to non-boosted goods to quests related to boosted goods.

DeletedUser867

Be very very careful about what you ask for, because you might get it.
Right now we're paying 3*8=24 for the skills, plus 14 to boost one of the skills.
I DO NOT want to pay 38 kp and end up with only ONE boosted skill.
"Rush Delivery" would be a better name than "Wholesaler" in the Trade window, because the prices are outrageous, and I want to preserve the option of building my own non-boosting buildings when the neighbors are all doorstops.
boost.jpg

DeletedUser119

Be very very careful about what you ask for, because you might get it.

I don't understand why you said that. I'm asking that because that's what I want.

I want to preserve the option of building my own non-boosting buildings

We're speaking about changing or not some quests, but we did not speak about forbid people to build their unboosted buildings.
Even if the main quest don't ask you to do it, you can still do it.

DeletedUser205

We're speaking about changing or not some quests, but we did not speak about forbid people to build their unboosted buildings.
Even if the main quest don't ask you to do it, you can still do it.

And everybody who builds unboosted buildings should have the possibility to do quests with those buildings.
But nobody should be forced to build those factorys by quests which we can not decline.

That's why IMHO possibility to decline is the best way to give both sides their chances.

DeletedUser

yup +1 for #3 Give an option to decline quests related to non-boosted goods ;)

DeletedUser

Hi Lauwi

For Tier level 1 I think it is a good idea to have these quests for the following reasons;

1. It is probable that they have not discovered many neighbours to trade with.
2. it is possible that they have not built the trader yet.
3. they require all 3 sets of goods to progress.
4. it shows them the benifit of boosted goods over non boosted goods.
5. it encourages them to trade boosted goods with other players / wholesaler for non-boosted goods.

For the higher Tier players then the quest should be related to their Tier. These quests should be related to either their boosted goods or to a story requirement where the reward outweighs the cost of building/ production or it is integral to the story plot.

If for the higher tier players the option to decline the quest is offered then the story line should reflect this decline, either the cost of goods or trade rates are adjusted slightly to reflect that they have declined the quest for the next part of the story line where these goods are required.

DeletedUser

Well IMHO its not strategically correct or the right way to play this game by building non-boosted goods building ....Just the way the dev's feel that having all the culture bonus by ourselves is not strategically correct way to play this game and force upon us to get it through neighborly help this case of building of non-boosted goods also is the same ...there's a reason we get boosts for only one goods because the game specifically wants us to concentrate only on that particular goods and get the other 2 goods from other players thereby helping each other in the process ... These type of non-boosted quests defeat that purpose and that type of strategic playing by forcing us to build goods building of which we have no boosts ...

DeletedUser205

It can only be a joke of the devs to offer not boosted factorys which bring 78 plancs in 1 day on level 10 (tier 2) and need space of 2x2. That is an example from my town, where I have this 1 not boosted tree as a sentimental relict (I thought, elves will have lots of trees around them, but I learnt, that those promotions in the beginning were forgotten by the devs while working on the game. I keep 1 tree as a sort of monument of memory of that intentions.)

The next joke is, to offer not to decline quests for those not boosted factorys, which cost lots of time and goods for their solution. And the bonus you get for that solution is the third joke in this case :eek:

In my case, I have a quest since days, to build an advanced magic dust factory, while I have elixiers as boosted goods and naturally everytime to little space to build the necessary buildings to get population for upgrades. What storyline could bring me motivation for building a useless dustfactory which needs as advanced level 4x4???
Isn't that more a clever way to force players to buy ingamemoney to then buy cultural buildings which offer population (which you only can get with money)?

IMHO there is a lot of meaningful gamedesign lost. That is ok in a beta-phase, but should not be polished, but complet overthought.

DeletedUser

In my case, I have a quest since days, to build an advanced magic dust factory,
I do think its the research its asking and not to build an advanced magic dust factory because there is nothing with that name ... If at all it wanted us to make it reach that advanced stage of any factory it would be in the wording of UPGRADE .... But i maybe completely wrong as anything can happen with these quests and anything can be expected from us to do ...if its really asking you to do build advanced magic dust factory then I think you should post it in text error thread ;)

DeletedUser

I just completed that quest, because I was 'lucky' to be forced to build a Magic Dust manufactory, because there is no chance to trade enough Magic Dust in my neighborhood...

DeletedUser

i just want to add the fact that in my neighborhood seems like elves and humans have wery similar boosts for manufacturies ( if not exactly the same, or is just coincidence that all who are active have the same one ) , so we all end up needing same Things ;) or many dont play at all, so im not sure how we can test the game properly,or even see if how it Works if 50- 70% of players are not at all active ( maybe less, but this is the case around me, and i started exploring 5th distance..hmmm). and funny thing is, i get quest: 2 stone manufacturies, i have boost for Wood, when i delete them i get quest again... and so 2x so far, i have only 1 now, im curious what will happen. i have tear3 all of them, cos i need goods.. not know the story..but i Guess its time for Valaina to tell us mor:estickouttongue:

DeletedUser205

I just completed that quest, because I was 'lucky' to be forced to build a Magic Dust manufactory, because there is no chance to trade enough Magic Dust in my neighborhood...

me too, but I have enough coins and supplies to deal with the wholesaler everyday - which makes more sense IMHO than to waste the extremely limited space on factories with poor output

DeletedUser

I don't have that much coins or supplies, because I try to not exploit quests, therefor I'm declining just quests, that force me to build or upgrade non-boosted manufactories for example or build or upgrade more than 2 armories, I can't afford that number at my stage missing premium expansions desperately.

DeletedUser

The third option (allow declining the quests) is best imho. It is simple and gives the option of doing the quest for those who build non-boosted goods manufactories.