• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Your 'special' reward: some lost knowledge points

DeletedUser

When you have finished the investigation tree, you will go strongly for runes for ancient wonders, like all who have finished their investigation trees.

With the 24 daily knowledge points (1 per hour) and the 5, up to ten (or more) daily knowledge points you 'buy' with coins in order to no exceed the storage capacity you'll have a 'nice' amount you can invert in ancient wonders of other players in order to get a rune or at least some knowledge points back.

As for all the others too do the same, there grows a 'competition' on each ancient wonder, competing for runes and the knowledge points one could get back, if he's among the 'best investors' in the ancient wonder.

And its like with all other things in life: sometimes you 'win', and sometimes you loose, because other players inverted a little bit more than you in the right moment.

That's ok, That's life. If you don't want to compete, eat up your knowledge points and be happy.

But there's another factor/feature which claims the attention:

You need to maintain a nice 'stock' of 6 - 9 knowledge points to be able to 'react' in an adequate manner at the inversions of others players competing on the same ancient wonder.

And normally you are not staying with one ancient wonder only, you're inverting in more, in order to amplify your chances.

So (it's a simple probability calculation, based on your 'investment of knowledge points) every day you'll receive some knowledge points back, and sometimes (for being able to react in a proper manner because of you 'stock' of knowledge points) even a rune shard (which normally can be can converted easily in a 'broken shard').

And the problem is not the (nearly) worthless rune shard, the problem are the knowledge points you get back:

Maintaining your 'stock' (to be able to react properly) with each package of knowledge points back, your knowledge points production will stop immediately, because you are exceeding the 'production limit' of 10 knowledge points).

So in the best case (if you're are online, when this happens) you will only loose the knowledge point that's actual in production (maybe 1 minute, but maybe also 59 minutes ...).

In every other case you will loose a little bit more: ALL knowledge points which could be produced, while you are sleeping for example, or dining or doing anything else but playin' Elvenar.

And that's also ok so, they are telling u, that u are a looser.

Think about it.

It would be an idea to create something like a 'clipboard', where the 'knowledge points packages' enter - but this might be asking for too much, because this is an 'very early beta' as they use to tell us ....

DeletedUser283

I came to the same findings as @Extranjero
a "KP packages" features is needed
at the same time, this also means that we would need an inventory to store them
I sincerely hope that our devs will do something about it : in FoE, FP packages were introduced to take care of FPs awarded from a successful contribution to a Great Building;
so now that we have AWs, we need KP packages as well
simple logic

DeletedUser1388

I would agree if we have 15-20 ancient wonders. But we have 4. And maybe we will have 8 at Christmas 2016. Until then there is a good source of runeshards conquering provinces and I'm sure the devs will introduce the longtime promised quests with runeshard rewards. I hope this game will not be "mapped" to FoE :)

DeletedUser283

I do not wish to see this game "mapped" to FoE :D
now if InnoGames designed something smart for FoE, why not try and do it here as well ? ;)

DeletedUser1345

I have been stocking up boosted goods that serve very well as the "KP package" you are talking about.

DeletedUser283

@spinster : when a player's AW is upgraded to an upper level, contributors receive KPs as rewards, ok ?
I leave my KP bar empty in the evening when I go to sleep
now if the owner of an AW I have heavily invested in upgrades before I can use my KPs the next morning, my KP bar goes full and I loose all hourly KPs that might have come afterwards;
what I want is get my reward and not loose my hourly KPs because of the reward
so buying back these KPs I lost with boosted relics is not what I want

DeletedUser607

my solution for this is: be the person who finishes a building.

of course, that's bad for all the others.

so yes, KP-packages are needed.

Brummbaer

My preferred solution is:

Practise like the building procedure. That mean, only when you logged in, the buliding procedure completed.

For the reward: Only when you logged in, you gain your reward direct or direct after the login.

So nobody looses the time depending KP's and be rewarded correct.

DeletedUser1231

I completely agree with what said to brummbaer.
It would be the most effective solution for everybody.

On the other hand I am against them " pack of PK " because they would allow to make importing stocks (even if the gains of KP for the participation is low) and eventually( could destabilize games like that it passed on foe.

DeletedUser607

How about this:

The "buy KPs" menu gets augmented by a seventh entry, where KPs can be bought for Rune Points. 1 RP = 1 KP. And the ancient wonders give RPs. RPs should be stackable indefinitely.

DeletedUser

How about this:

The "buy KPs" menu gets augmented by a seventh entry, where KPs can be bought for Rune Points. 1 RP = 1 KP. And the ancient wonders give RPs. RPs should be stackable indefinitely.
Brilliant idea! And maybe it would be even easier to implement than the whole storage system to keep KP packages?

CrazyWizard

I agree to someones problem to this.

It would create a stock on knowledge points that will give instant completion(special requirments excluded) to new updates once there implemented because some people have stocked a few thousand of them.

Why not give your a 24 hour period to claim your reward. seen such a message popup to sell runeshards to you in the shop a special 24h deal.

Or more simple a quest with a 24h timer, click on a wonder and get your reward something like that that pops up.

DeletedUser778

Would indeed be a good idea to implement a temporary storage to avoid people stockpiling rewards to "instant" go through new tech, but i would make it so that the rewards are stored 24 or 48 hours to be manually collectable, but are gained automatically after this period, to prevent that people on vacation, etc get nothing.