• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug World map not loading

DeletedUser

Game version 0.15.13364-d34d73e-(master)
(2015-04-28 9:23)
Beta 1
Browser - Chrome
Flash player 17.0.0.169
Windows 7

World map not loading, freezing at varying points during the load, sometimes can help a neighbour but then it freezes again, sometimes freezing before entering neighbours world. Research also freezing in similar way. Recurring 4/5 times

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser628

Thank you for reporting this to us, Aeliion1. Are you doing anything specific before this happens? Any action which could be used for potential reproduction? Please attempt clearing your browser's cache and see if that makes any change with the behavior.

DeletedUser

Thank you for reporting this to us, Aeliion1. Are you doing anything specific before this happens? Any action which could be used for potential reproduction? Please attempt clearing your browser's cache and see if that makes any change with the behavior.
Cache was cleared this morning with no change to problem. Follows no pattern I can see, seems random but frequent.

DeletedUser

As best as I can recall this problem started Tuesday mid morning UK time, still continuing.

DeletedUser

Yes, cache and cookies cleared. Can access neighbours worlds via notifications, can help them and return to my world with no problems at all, problems are when going via world map.
This same problem is also happening on my elf account but using Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser628

One more question, do you have any add-ons for your browser? Can you try disabling them and see if that makes a change? Or you can try loading a game session in incognito mode and see how that works.

DeletedUser

No add- ons at all, google Chrome used only for Elvenar, same happening when incognito mode used

DeletedUser

Game version 0.15.13364-d34d73e-(master)
(2015-04-28 9:23)
Beta 1
Browser - Chrome
Flash player 17.0.0.169
Windows 7

World map not loading, freezing at varying points during the load, sometimes can help a neighbour but then it freezes again, sometimes freezing before entering neighbours world. Research also freezing in similar way. Recurring 4/5 times
Having the same problem - Can aid one person in the world map but freezes on leaving their land - have to constantly refresh the site

DeletedUser

Also using Firefox 37.0.2 Elf world and Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m human world

DeletedUser283

Hi,
I take the opportunity of this bug report to ad the following info :
I am using waterfox 37.0.1 with flash plugin 17.0.0.169;
when I visit my neighbours, I generally go to the map, visit one, go back to the map, visit another, and so on;
2 things can then be observed :
-it takes much longer to go back to the map from a visited city than to go visit a city from the map
-after visiting 57 neighbours (that is all I got for the moment), memory utilization by Flash player plugin gets waaaaay above 1GB (1.9 GB is not uncommon);
in order to keep my PC running, I have to manually kill the plugin container via the task manager, and reload the game once the plugin is crashed;
memory usage the reverts to a more suitable value (500 MB right now)
this seems to indicate that there is a memory leak somewhere in the loading of cities or in the loading of the map;

DeletedUser

Forgot to mention, being unable to access world map most times also means I can't scout, obtain relics or fight.

DeletedUser628

Apologies for the late reply. We have tested this extensively on various browsers, but we're unable to reproduce the issue. The only portion I can confirm is that there is a slow loading of the world map when you're loading it for the first time (for example after a cache clearing), so the loading halts at various points for a moment or two. But it does not freeze completely, it still loads the map and you can visit neighbors. This slowness is to be expected when it's a first time loading the map as you're loading a whole new portion of the game, and the swiftness here is affected by connection speed, browser's cache, etc.

If someone does manage to successfully reproduce the issue, please do let us know.

@Philplessis We'd appreciate it if you note any similar findings at this linked thread, as the current thread isn't quite on the same topic as what you're experiencing. Thanks!

DeletedUser628

After addition testing with Aeliion's help we have figured out this was a side-effect of a specific antivirus. If you're experiencing this issue please try adding Elvenar to the list of exceptions for you antivirius.