• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

woodelves graphics

DeletedUser762

I love the graphics of Woodelves chapter. Very surreal, kinda reminds me Salvador Dali pictures. Thank you very much, such a difference from an awful Orc chapter. Love it all, apart from my steel manufactury . Basically it's the same guy, but now I can see his brain. lol. I haven't upgraded all of the buildings yet, looking forward to it. Barracks are beautiful , fighting in the water :)

DeletedUser1596

Agreed. Still, there is one thing that bugs me. Those buildings are beautiful when standing alone, far from other structures of the same kind. But this happens only when you start rebuilding your city or when browsing elvenar-wiki. Otherwise our cities look like this:
aaa1.jpg

Once you start building in clusters (which you have to to achieve maximum efficiency), the beauty is gone. I tried to combine basic buildings with cultural ones a few chapters ago and the result was really hideous. I'm not sure, but I think it's because Elvenar's buildings are relatively high and overlap a lot.
... or maybe it's just my problem :)

DeletedUser118

A thing I don't get is, why they had to make the first of the two new levels look like summer and the second one like fall and not the other way around. I would have liked it alot more that way. Cities like yours above look to me like somebody used Agent Orange on it...

CrazyWizard

It would be awesome if we could select back the visuals within the same chapter (so a woodelf house lvl 22 can only look like 22, but a house lvl 23 could look like 22 or 23, similar with the tier 1 factories, a lvl 20 factory can only look like a lvl 20 factory, but a lvl 23 factory could look like a lvl 20,21,22 or 23 factory)

Selectable when selecting a building.
For chapter 1-5 the selection depends on the size of the buildig, only witing the same size.

Gives us a lot of opportunities to customise our cities.

DeletedUser651

I've been begging for that exact same thing forever CrazyWizard!! It is such a shame that these wonderful and gorgeous lower level buildings are only seen for a second until they get upgraded. I'd love to be able to have some of the other artwork, but still have the functionality of the upgrade.

DeletedUser762

you7 dont need so many buildings why whould you?? unless u need some unproductive manufacuris. I don't understand ppl with so many buildings

DeletedUser762

maybe you need it a rest with the ranking. to me this game... is more important bout the balance rather than ranking. balance, nice, peace.. man :)

DeletedUser1596

I have approximately 50x50 squares of game-given space (on our local CZ server). I agree, I don't need that much space, but since I have it, I can't just leave it empty, can I?

SoggyShorts

It would be awesome if we could select back the visuals within the same chapter (so a woodelf house lvl 22 can only look like 22, but a house lvl 23 could look like 22 or 23, similar with the tier 1 factories, a lvl 20 factory can only look like a lvl 20 factory, but a lvl 23 factory could look like a lvl 20,21,22 or 23 factory)
Gives us a lot of opportunities to customise our cities.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-feature-vanity-for-diamonds.1067/

Could have been added to this idea, but that one failed too. Too bad really, I actually might pay to make my city look different.

DeletedUser1596

Could have been added to this idea, but that one failed too.

Even if that feature was optional, many people would click *NO* as soon as they saw the word "pay" or "diamonds". These people consider paying for the game stupid and they see diamond users as cheaters. :(

SoggyShorts

Even if that feature was optional, many people would click *NO* as soon as they saw the word "pay" or "diamonds". These people consider paying for the game stupid and they see diamond users as cheaters. :(
It's too bad really. I've rarely seen a FTP game that was 100% not P2W, like Path of Exile. The only things you can get with RL$ are cosmetic, and minor quality of life improvements(larger stash)

DeletedUser118

Companies wanna make (maximum) profit through their games so they tend to add premium features to them (some more, some less). As much as ppl might hate this, its the way the game industry runs. If you don't wanna play such games you can always go back to consoles or the like. :)

DeletedUser762

Companies wanna make (maximum) profit through their games so they tend to add premium features to them (some more, some less). As much as ppl might hate this, its the way the game industry runs. If you don't wanna play such games you can always go back to consoles or the like. :)
huh??? what r u talking about? these ppl are not so bad. not the worst ones anyways. so culm down dude

DeletedUser118

Uhm, I'm not sure I can really follow you. What's the problem with my post and why do you feel offended while I was replying to Soggy? o_O

SoggyShorts

Uhm, I'm not sure I can really follow you. What's the problem with my post and why do you feel offended while I was replying to Soggy? o_O

It's this sentence:
If you don't wanna play such games you can always go back to consoles or the like. :)

The obvious interpretation here is that you meant:
"If people don't want to play games with premium content then they have the option to play games with costs up front, like on a console":):):)

However, if you take a crazy cynical "everything everyone says and does triggers me" interpretation, then you were telling everyone
"Don't like it?!!?!? Get lost and go play a console game!!!!":mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

I figured the smiley at the end would have helped to let ppl know that I was only giving a suggestion on what to do if they don't like playing games with premium options, but oh well, guess some ppl have a filter on them. :p

However, I too would have liked that option, to be able to spend some diamonds on the looks of my city. If you look around, almost all cities on the same level all have the same design kinda, even of course with some difference in the number of buildings and the place they got put but that's it.

DeletedUser762

I figured the smiley at the end would have helped to let ppl know that I was only giving a suggestion on what to do if they don't like playing games with premium options, but oh well, guess some ppl have a filter on them. :p

However, I too would have liked that option, to be able to spend some diamonds on the looks of my city. If you look around, almost all cities on the same level all have the same design kinda, even of course with some difference in the number of buildings and the place they got put but that's it.
ya know I agree with you now, I don't like the final level of barracks, it was a lot better b4, when they were in the actual water. I think they overdo it sometimes. they create a good thing and they spoil it in the end :)

CrazyWizard

ya know I agree with you now, I don't like the final level of barracks, it was a lot better b4, when they were in the actual water. I think they overdo it sometimes. they create a good thing and they spoil it in the end :)

Sometimes??? aint the second best visual not in most cases be the prettiest?

I prefer the Lvl 14 house over the lvl 15, the lvl 18 over the 19, dont care about lvl 20 and 21 but love 22 more than 23.

Same stuff happens with factories, barracks and plenty other buildings.

Dhurrin

I rather liked the suggestion I came across to just strike the animations for all buildings except the max one for each chapter. That would free up a lot of space to give the buildings a bit more of a personalised look.
And perhaps change the buildings so there is a difference between elven and human uildings again, that difference has kinda faded with the guestraces.

Dont get me wrong, I really LIKE the animations, but most are there just for a very short time. Its only the maxed out buildings that are seen for a long time.