• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Why?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1877
  • Start date

DeletedUser1877

Why are the bugs we find and report here being pushed into live servers before they are fixed?

Minor one - The green / Gold NH help hands issue we've know about for a while is now being reported on the live servers. Not a game changer, but still....

Major - We have been having trouble with EE spells , neighbor showing EE on everything, Spell going away, etc. Guess what? Overnight, all the EE spells on EN1 and 2 disapeared. People who had built a cushion of 72 hours enhancement on their culture buildings now have none. All that work lost. Yes, they are angry.

So, why is this happening, and why are we here?

Marindor

I understand your question and concerns and you're right: That Neighbourly Help / Spell issue should have been resolved in version 1.23 so we also have no clue why it came back at the Live release. For the other bugs: We try to fix as many bugs as possible before Live release. We basically have about 2 weeks between a Beta release and Live release. Not all bugs can always be fixed in time though, and the major bugs are always prioritized above the smaller bugs, like these golden hand symbols. We're working hard on improving the bug fixing process (please see the recent changes that were announced here) and of course strive to get less bugs to Live, although I do have to see it would be unrealistic to expect a totally bug-free Live game.

DeletedUser1721

Part of the issue is the fact that the release date is considered more important than getting out a bug free version. If the devs were more aware of the fact that people on live are angered by bugs that make it to live, and were more willing to delay release dates to fix bugs, we wouldn't have this issue. But here, fixing bugs takes a back seat to the all important schedule.

Marindor

@Caanna Sorry, but I absolutely do not agree with you on this one. These releases were even delayed by more than a week this time to get more time for bug fixing. Yes, it is true that a bug has gone through to Live that should've been solved in this version and we're investigating how that happened, but it was certainly not because we sticked to our release schedule, which for a fact we didn't this time.

Deleted User - 60107

Sorry, @Marindor , but I can't agree with you on this one. I have been playing for over an year, and in that time updates have always followed a schedule. The number of times when an update was delayed can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. The fact that this latest update is one of the few that got delayed does not change that. Most of the time a new version is released on live when the schedule says it should, even if it means some bugs will not be fixed and will be present until the next major update two weeks later.

DeletedUser1721

@Marindor what shadowblack said. I wholeheartedly approve of the current decision to delay this patch by more than a week to fix bugs, and hope that the changes to tournaments will also be fixed before they go live. However, there's a track record of not delaying patches to fix bugs because of the schedule, that's going to take a bit more delayed patches to fix bugs before I'm willing to say that that mentality has changed.

Marindor

The topic starter is asking about current bugs on Live that should have been resolved on Beta. As I explained, this has nothing do to with sticking to a release schedule. Of course we have our release schedules, but the examples he's asking about, have nothing to do with that. :)

DeletedUser1513

Part of the issue is the fact that the release date is considered more important than getting out a bug free version. If the devs were more aware of the fact that people on live are angered by bugs that make it to live, and were more willing to delay release dates to fix bugs, we wouldn't have this issue. But here, fixing bugs takes a back seat to the all important schedule.
I thought our company was the only one that didn't understand how agile working and contineous integration works...
Noone has the balls to push features out of a release.
In our company we keep on postponing the deliveries until everything is in and stable enough.
Inno decides to even to push the rubbish out, so we're not doing that bad IMO...

DeletedUser1882

@Caanna Sorry, but I absolutely do not agree with you on this one. These releases were even delayed by more than a week this time to get more time for bug fixing. Yes, it is true that a bug has gone through to Live that should've been solved in this version and we're investigating how that happened, but it was certainly not because we sticked to our release schedule, which for a fact we didn't this time.

Sorry @Marindor, but I absolutely do not agree with you on this one. Updates should not get pushed when there are major game play issues with the build. A prime example is the broken Bulwark/Shrine/Flying academy bug, which hurt a lot of live server players very significantly. Knowingly doing that is unconscionable.

Another example is the fact that the Blooming Trader Guild doesn't work right with Chapter 10.