• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Weekly Tournament

GuardianJo

I'm sorry but I find the weekly tournament depletes resources and troops so quickly, and even using the time spells to try and build up troops quicker seems to makes this frustrating. Personally I would like to see the tournaments done on a fortnightly basis. Especially as we all have to use our troops and/or resources for the weekly spire event as well.

Jammin

If you want to play tournaments successfully you have to align your city at least to some extent, I'm here in chapeter 8 and I'll have no problems reaching your average.

If you would like to see a city dedicated entirely to the tournament, you are welcome to have a look here.
Basically everything is possible, you just have to do something for it.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I can see already were your problem lays.
You have set your goal at doing 20 provinces times 6 every week or very close to that target while you are only in chapter 10.
My advice is to lower your target to only do 15 province times 6 rounds every week.
Also you really should think about what wonders you should need to put in your town and witch wonders you could remove.
The sanctuary is a wonder you really need if you wish to keep fighting for is makes your troops a little bit healthier so they can take just a little bit more punishment and it gives you more culture as a bonus as well.

This game depend a lot on the choices you make and for sustaining a lot of fighting at a higher level, you just made some wrong choices.
And ask in your current fellowship if someone can explain how to use elvenstats + elvenarchitect .
That way you can clean up your town and reclaim a lot of the small unused area's in your town and see were some other small improvements you can make to improve on your game.

Laurelin-Beta

@GuardianJo : @Bor de Wolf 1965 and @Jammin both give great advice. I will just add : are you aware of how the Squad Sizes are calculated in Tournament and Spire, via what is usually called the 2020 Combat (or Tourney/Spire) Formula? If so, I won't bore you, but if not, you'll need to know.

ETA : You're evidently a fighter by choice, but the Combat Formula also increases Catering costs. In both cases the rise is very steep in later Provinces.

Moncsociusz

I think the tourneys weekly are amazing. And we get more and more army instants, supporting and resurrection spells, armories. So it is easier to fight for sure. But you don't need to fight every week until collapsing. In the earlier chaps you can go further with catering and when you are strong enough with fighting. But the difficulty is improving as well. So you just need to find your balance. Nothing wrong with earning only 2000 tourney points.

Dorfl the Clay

In a full Fellowship (25 members) the average per player which would be enough for 10 chests is 1600 points, anymore is superfluous.. unless teh FS wants 11 (or more) chests AND/OR is trying to accumulate experience points for their perks!

Mykan

In a full Fellowship (25 members) the average per player which would be enough for 10 chests is 1600 points, anymore is superfluous.. unless teh FS wants 11 (or more) chests AND/OR is trying to accumulate experience points for their perks!
In my experience people exceeding 1600 pts don't do it for either of those reasons, those are just a by-product. There are plenty of awards people want to get, so they try and get more of them.

Dorfl the Clay

In my experience people exceeding 1600 pts don't do it for either of those reasons, those are just a by-product. There are plenty of awards people want to get, so they try and get more of them.
That is also true.. my comment was referring to FS that have rules about a minimum contribution when participating in the weekly tounament... and I would hesitate to call those reasons 'by-products', because for some FS they are mandatory!

GuardianJo

If you want to play tournaments successfully you have to align your city at least to some extent, I'm here in chapeter 8 and I'll have no problems reaching your average.

If you would like to see a city dedicated entirely to the tournament, you are welcome to have a look here.
Basically everything is possible, you just have to do something for it.
Thank you for the assist