• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City We need more expansions

goldenflower

With all the quest buildings and the new technologies ,plus 3 different unit producing barracks,plus... We are running out of space. Can we have some more space, please? I still have expansions that I can't use.

SoggyShorts

With all the quest buildings and the new technologies ,plus 3 different unit producing barracks,plus... We are running out of space. Can we have some more space, please? I still have expansions that I can't use.
What chapter are you in? How many expansions do you have?

DeletedUser1596

Sorry goldenflower, but we definitely don't. More space means just more buildings to click on every day. My whole city would fit onto a groud with 1/2 the area and still work fine.

In my unpopular opinion, the devs should cut the space, because :
  • areas covered with 50 buildings of the same type look hideous
  • RAM modules don't grow on trees
  • setting production on 20 buildings isn't twice the fun as setting 10 buildings
  • people don't even try to plan ahead, they just build and hoard points.

DeletedUser1681

In my unpopular opinion...
yeah XD

I still like to cling to the point that they call this a city building game in their adverts - that's what brought me here. So the more expansions the merrier I am - more space for expansions pls.

goldenflower

Sorry goldenflower, but we definitely don't. More space means just more buildings to click on every day. My whole city would fit onto a groud with 1/2 the area and still work fine.

In my unpopular opinion, the devs should cut the space, because :
  • areas covered with 50 buildings of the same type look hideous
  • RAM modules don't grow on trees
  • setting production on 20 buildings isn't twice the fun as setting 10 buildings
  • people don't even try to plan ahead, they just build and hoard points.
I am sorry but with 14 ancient wonders and probably more to come, three different training grounds and quest reward buildings accumulating, plus new manufactories and res for new races, there is simply not enough space if you want to play the game up to par level. If you like your city small you can always keep it that way but people that want to fully follow the game need more space.

SoggyShorts

but people that want to fully follow the game need more space.
I wouldn't say it's about fully following the game. If there was enough room for all 14 wonders that would remove the aspect of choice.
Personally I have never bought a premium expansion, and I only clear the minimum number of provinces to open a chapter.
That has given me room for 3 wonders, enough space for guest race goods (never got tech locked in dwarves) and a couple expansions for extra workshops etc for events.
EDIT: and for event reward buildings I've almost outgrown my glossy gardens, just in time for frozen gardens =)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1681

give us 100 extra space slots and we still want more because of exactly the same reasons.
There is no end to this argument, there are people who approach this game from different angles.

I myself play a city builder and as this is not real life (forest razed to the ground) I just can't see why we shouldn't have more space. And if someone wants to have a sprawling city built full, then why not. After all in order to actually use the extra space we have to acchieve things in game, or pay the premium. And yes, premium gives (unfair ??) advantage to those who use money but then again the option is there cause the developers want that money. It's the nature of premium options, they give advantage. I have used that option buying more space, and don't regret it - wouldn't do it now after the new prizing policy though.

There is maybe an aspect of game balance, some having lots of fatories etc produce lots of goods and get ahead in game that way... but fear not if the game seems to get unbalanced there will be (ta-daa!!) an upgrade re-design. Built eight factories ? sorry mate, you've built a factory too far - next one will cost you gazillion and upgrade will take a month.

Anyway, if someone wants to build an effective city using as little space as possible I have no problem with that. But the argument that if we get more (optional) space we would still just be wanting more doesn't convince me. You don't have to use it (all the space available) if you don't want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

There is no end to this argument, there are people who approach this game from different angles.

I myself play a city builder and as this is not real life (forest razed to the ground) I just can't see why we shouldn't have more space. And if someone wants to have a sprawling city built full, then why not. After all in order to actually use the extra space we have to acchieve things in game, or pay the premium. And yes, premium gives (unfair ??) advantage to those who use money but then again the option is there cause the developers want that money. It's the nature of premium options, they give advantage. I have used that option buying more space, and don't regret it - wouldn't do it now after the new prizing policy though.

There is maybe an aspect of game balance, some having lots of fatories etc produce lots of goods and get ahead in game that way... but fear not if the game seems to get unbalanced there will be (ta-daa!!) an upgrade re-design. Built eight factories ? sorry mate, you've built a factory too far - next one will cost you gazillion and upgrade will take a month.

Anyway, if someone wants to build an effective city using as little space as possible I have no problem with that. But the argument that if we get more (optional) space we would still just be wanting more doesn't convince me. You don't have to use it (all the space available) if you don't want to.

I think you forgot to read "because of exactly the same reasons".
If you want to build a main hall en 2 houses and 1 factory and you enjoy that leaving the rest open (or create a nice forest with free/premium tree buildings (have seen it before) you will not ask for new space.

When people ask for more space because they need to build this and build that and build that. thats the type of players who started this post.
For those players an aditional 200 space slots still wont be enough (well enough untill they filled it) the moment it's full and a new building is released they come back with exactly the same argument.

They just forgot that with the new race they just got 11 new space slots, plenty of space to build a few wonders and training grounds and a mercenary camp.

14 new wonders? well during it's entire release cycle we got an aditional 40 spaces on the grid.

even if you only aquired half of those for free (I hope for you you got a lot more) then it still would be enough.

It's just that people do not want to make choices, they want to keep what they have and have all the new stuff as well.
Nature of the beast

edit: More space is off course more fun, but the fun is temporary, untll it's filled up. then off course we like more space. people who arent lured by premium expansions play just fine without them, but once you have them there a bliss. you never regret. but in the end you still walk at the same walls a non premium player has, the limits of the space aviable to you.
special note: I would not buy an expansion in this game at current rates and will never ever buy them again unless the rates go back to where they were.

goldenflower

Actually with the new race is 16 wonders that you have to spend kp to research(for no reason according to those of you that think extra space will spoil the game) and they are all rather big, plus they have to have access to a street. 10 extra spaces aren't enough to accommodate them. As for premium expansions, I have no problem with them since the same total is available to all, so if people want to rush and buy better for all of us because the game gets extra funds. Otherwise, you can get there a little later by exploring the map. some people like doing that too and with limited expansions that becomes meaningless too.

Marindor

give us 100 extra space slots and we still want more because of exactly the same reasons.

Exactly :) The game is balanced in a certain way and the number of available expansions is an important part of that. Therefore we can already tell you for sure that at this moment, no additional expansions will be implemented. Should you wish to discuss about city space, please do so in the Discussions forum, but since this is not an idea for a new game feature and we already know it won't make it, we'll have to archive this thread now :)