• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

We got a gift today.

Enevhar Aldarion

sure some ancient mummies still live in anoter century.
Where I am from most oldies do have a smart phone and if not they own a tablet (because they think it's not as complicated as a smart phobe lol)

The breed without a (smart)phone/tablet is dying out quickly and in many cases can't use any phone anyway because there to old do do anything.
those born around WWII era are very few now, and there children have adapted and use smart phones now.

There are some people on the opposite end now, though. Non-smart phones have been selling because people buy them to hide from the government and to avoid all the tracking that seems to come with the fancy phones. That is the main reason why flip phones still sell.

SoggyShorts

There are some people on the opposite end now, though. Non-smart phones have been selling because people buy them to hide from the government and to avoid all the tracking that seems to come with the fancy phones. That is the main reason why flip phones still sell.
Do those people think that using a PC instead makes their data safe? :oops:
More importantly, if someone is so paranoid that they refuse to use a smartphone, are they willing to use a credit card online to buy diamonds at all? Unlikely.

BTW I hate playing on the app, but I do recognize that it's the future of super basic games like Elvenar.

Enevhar Aldarion

Do those people think that using a PC instead makes their data safe? :oops:
More importantly, if someone is so paranoid that they refuse to use a smartphone, are they willing to use a credit card online to buy diamonds at all? Unlikely.

BTW I hate playing on the app, but I do recognize that it's the future of super basic games like Elvenar.

I have the feeling that people who think this way about their phones do not play online games at all, or put their data out there online at all either. But with VPNs and encrypted networks and all the other sneaky tech I know nothing about, you never know. There are also the prepaid phones, that you can buy service for in cash, so you could also have a smart phone that has none of your real data on it at all.

GerdyaanB

PC gamers are on a surge atm, but thats not really the audience of alevenar atm.
that said with covid-19 PC use at home is going trough the roof, for the past year all processor and graphic card makers cannot print enough money (read make products) to statisfy demand. there is a reason PC components sell for sometimes triple the cost of new products simply because the makers simply cannot produce enough of them

Where there was 1 old laptop in a home last year now they have a laptop/pc 1-2 for work. and 1 for each kid for schooling on distance.

This will resonate for years to come.
So both the browser and mobile will be important in the years to come. something are also way to tedious to do on a phone. it it takes us 2-3 hours to rearrange a city on a PC it will take a multiplication of hours on a mobile. there is no way around that. so just for that mobile users willrun to a PC once they figure that one out.
One should also be aware that if you want to buy something..PC is much cheaper then mobile from players perspective given fees...atm i prefer tablet as most flexibele and still provides relative large part of city on screen ..and it is easier to collect production....massive reorg and some insight in strenght of opponents and occasionally buying on PC....

Aeva

sure some ancient mummies still live in anoter century.
Where I am from most oldies do have a smart phone and if not they own a tablet (because they think it's not as complicated as a smart phobe lol)

The breed without a (smart)phone/tablet is dying out quickly and in many cases can't use any phone anyway because there to old do do anything.
those born around WWII era are very few now, and there children have adapted and use smart phones now.

Or not.
I bought my smartphone in 2012 and it is still working.
Probably because I use it the same way I used to use a telephone that was connected to a plug in the wall...

DeletedUser3773

Yep, I suddenly started getting the daily gift in iOS on both LIVE and BETA. Nothing through my browser. So I log off browser, log on my iPhone and collect the gift in both cities. Then, log out on phone and back in on browser for both. Annoying to do for a tiny gift but I'm a sucker for free stuff.
I don't think anyone mentioned getting the gift in LIVE before. I wonder if there is any mention on the Live forum. I'm not registered there so I don't usually check it out.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yep, I suddenly started getting the daily gift in iOS on both LIVE and BETA. Nothing through my browser. So I log off browser, log on my iPhone and collect the gift in both cities. Then, log out on phone and back in on browser for both. Annoying to do for a tiny gift but I'm a sucker for free stuff.
I don't think anyone mentioned getting the gift in LIVE before. I wonder if there is any mention on the Live forum. I'm not registered there so I don't usually check it out.

Yes, Live and Beta are all part of the test group, so there have been some people on the Live servers getting this since it started, including me, which I thought I had posted early in this thread.

DeletedUser3773

Yes, Live and Beta are all part of the test group, so there have been some people on the Live servers getting this since it started, including me, which I thought I had posted early in this thread.

Sorry, I read a few pages at the beginning to see but didn't go through the entire thread. Thanks for pointing that out.