• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Upgrade quest doesn't trigger at completions of building

DeletedUser

I have a quest "Better Buildings" which asks me to "Complete 1 building upgrade to level 4 or higher" . I usually do this quest during the night, this night also, expecting to get the quest reward when I login again in the morning. However, even though the building (a residence upgrade to level 16) was completed the quest didn't trigger as fulfilled.

The same thing does happen on my other world, nl1. Last night I did a residence upgrade to level 18 for the "Edele woongebouwen" quest, requiring me to complete 1 residence upgrade to level 11 or higher and also the quest didn't trigger as being fulfilled when I logged in this morning and no reward was given.

It has been reported before here but you couldn't reproduce it so that's why I paid extra attention to this and finally decide to report it again because it is actually happening, I've noticed it several time during this week. The strange thing is that this doesn't always happens, sometime it works as intended.

Game version: zz1: v1.2.6-(bf49611) (2016-03-31 11:43) - nl1 : v1.2.7-(807270c) (2016-04-01 9:33)
Game world: zz1 & nl1
Browser + version: Firefox 45.0.1
Flash Player version: 21.0.0.197
Operating System: W7 x64 Enterprise
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Lord Soth (both zz1 and nl1)
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 3/5

Quest title: "Better Buildings" (zz1) / "Edele woongebouwen" (nl1)

Current situation:
Quest most of the times trigger as fulfilled, sometimes however it doesn't.

Expected situation:
Quest should always trigger when fulfilled and give reward.

Reproduction Steps
Start upgrading residence
2. Get quest
3. Wait until upgrade residence is complete

I'm not 100% sure if the order in which you do steps 1 & 2 are important. Usually I do it this way because waiting for a residence upgrade to complete takes some time and I can do some other quest in between but I always make sure that the "Better Buildings" quest is active when I go to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1095

This has been a recurrent bug ever since I started playing this game: If you're not on line when the upgrade completes, it doesn't register for the quest. The bug comes and goes, but my advice is to time things so the construction will complete when you can be on line.

DeletedUser

Today I wasn't able to be online during the day but I still tried to do this quest by upgrading a residence to level 17 and guess what ? When I logged on again this time the quest had successfully triggered and I got my reward. Like I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't !? :confused:

DeletedUser118

Maybe it worked cuz you scared the bug away with opening this bug thread. :D

DeletedUser

Since update 1.3.3 this hasn't happened but I will inform you when it happens again.

On the dutch server nl1, with version 1.2.7, this still happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It did happen again this night. I had two residence upgrades active when I went to sleep, one from level 11 to 12 and one from level 6 to 7. Both where finished this morning when I logged in again but the quest hasn't triggered as completed.

I'm now upgrading the same residences from 12 to 13 and 7 to 8, will let you know in a couple of hours if the quest will completed.

Something did happen on nl1 also, a quest for a workshop upgrade didn't trigger as finish even do the workshop is now level 19. Other workshop are still upgrading.

So maybe it only happens if you are upgrading more then 1 building, with different level.

DeletedUser

Just happened again, while I was logged in. With ±10 minutes to go for a residence upgrade to level 10 I selected this quest and waited for the quest to completed. However while my residence completed to level 10 the quest didn't trigger. :(