• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Update on payment options for the Season of the Triumph Pass on Beta

Arthus

I am curious on what exactly means ''technical improvements we have made to the payment system of those passes''.
Right now it seems INNO does not want players to use earned and/or bought diamonds for this passes but to pay once more for them.

Why not keeping both options?
Technical improvements a.k.a. no one is buying diamonds so we take away free content and make it pay to have
Changing this to diamonds was a scandal on live already but here on beta where people are testing stuff it's whole another level of desperation

Yogi Dave

@Deadeye Jerry's post says:

"In order to test some technical improvements we have made to the payment system of those passes; we have the need to fully replicate on Beta how they are acquired on the Live servers. This is why we are going to change the payment option from Diamonds to real money for those passes."

So, it's already on live, yet needs to be tested on beta? Isn't that backwards?

Are the "technical improvements" the way or look of the store for purchasing these things instead of them just adding a tab to the store to sell these items? I guess if they are technical, they are behind the scenes, things we won't see. Well, we shall see.

Biloutte91

.. is on live also missing!
In France, support is available 7 days a week. And we'll get back to you even on weekends and public holidays. Because they're volunteers. The Hamburg team, on the other hand, only works from Monday to Friday... Because they're professionals...

Now, if your support doesn't answer weekends, maybe it's because there aren't enough of them...
you have to ask to be part of the team.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

In all honesty, I am wondering what the people at Inno are thinking.
I mean, the season-pass was already overpriced at 1.500 diamonds. Then they upped the price to 3.000 diamonds! What did they think, that people would be more willing to buy this pass because they made it more expensive? Maybe they think people are more willing to buy the pass if they have to pay real money directly? Somehow I seriously doubt that.
The additional prizes offered by the pass are ok-ish, but not great, definitely not worth 3.000 diamonds (at least not to me).

Yogi Dave

n France, support is available 7 days a week.
I don't think "support" meant the moderators and support desk. I think they were talking about the people who could fix the game when things are broken or wrong, even if it's just a text in a dialog issue.
I mean, the season-pass was already overpriced at 1.500 diamonds. Then they upped the price to 3.000 diamonds! What did they think, that people would be more willing to buy this pass because they made it more expensive? Maybe they think people are more willing to buy the pass if they have to pay real money directly?
My thought on this is they were hoping people would buy more diamonds to get the pass, but that didn't happen since diamonds are fairly easy to get in the game now so the need to buy diamonds is less. Switching it from diamonds to cash forces people who want the items in the premium pass to use real money. Given they had to lay off workers means they need new revenue avenues. To me the question becomes, will they make more and more things that were paid for by diamonds become cash only. The royal pass comes to mind. I'm thinking future features introduced in the game will more likely require cash, not diamonds.

Eligor

By the way, they did exactly the same thing in FOE, starting few months ago with the event pass : it became available only spending money and they made rewards and special buildings much more attractive (for instance with a new special last "gold" level of evolving buildings, not easy to win - but easy if you pay of course). It also seems to me that Inno is pushing FOE players to empty their diamonds stock (with new features requiring diamongs, attractive rewards, ...) and in the same way make "free" diamonds less easy to get than in the past ...

I would say it all make sense (from Inno's point of view of course i.e. "need more incomes !"), and Elvenar and FOE are going in the same direction :(

But regarding Elvenar, right now, premium rewards are not attractive enough to make me think about spending money, specially here on beta :rolleyes:

PS : Nevertheless, Season of the Triumph pass is (according to me) a little more attractive than previous ones, so I activated it yersterday with my (free) diamonds !

Dhurrin

I don't think "support" meant the moderators and support desk. I think they were talking about the people who could fix the game when things are broken or wrong, even if it's just a text in a dialog issue.

My thought on this is they were hoping people would buy more diamonds to get the pass, but that didn't happen since diamonds are fairly easy to get in the game now so the need to buy diamonds is less. Switching it from diamonds to cash forces people who want the items in the premium pass to use real money. Given they had to lay off workers means they need new revenue avenues. To me the question becomes, will they make more and more things that were paid for by diamonds become cash only. The royal pass comes to mind. I'm thinking future features introduced in the game will more likely require cash, not diamonds.
It only makes limited sense. I mean, even at Inno they obviously noticed the economy is not exactly booming. So people will (in general) be less inclined to spend real money on a game and if they do it will be smaller amounts. So upping the cost is only going to limit your pool of buyers.
Anyone who ever worked as a salesman will have noticed it is much, much, much easier to find 100 people to sell something for 1 buck than to find 10 persons to sell something for 10 bucks, let alone to find 1 person to sell something for 100 bucks.

If they wanted to generate more income it would probably be smarter to add a lot of small offers on a regular basis than trying to catch the few people who will spend large amounts. Especially if the bonuses offered are only so-so.
I'd bet that they would get a lot of takers if for instance on a rotating weekly basis they would offer something like 1 petfood, small amounts of diamonds, 1 of the 5 military boosterbuildings (keep the DA as Spire only) etc where one could only take the offer 1x or perhaps 2x.

PrimroseSylvia

Contrary to what we thought, Royal Prize Pass is cheaper in real money than diamonds:

NWvMSRM.png

BxlmD61.png

ddOzzve.png

PrimroseSylvia

But you compare with "wrong" prices. I guess, very seldom diamonds are bought at real prices, most will be bought at lowered prices. And I normally take the diamonds I worked for in spire and also in tournament. I really not willing to buy dias for the seasons.
I was only comparing "normal" diamonds cost, not how they are gained. It's more than obvious that a player who push spire every week won't buy large quantities. My fear was that Season Pass would have cost more than how much we would pay for 3000 diamonds, and (only in this case :p ) I'm happy to say I was wrong.

Souliena

I was only comparing "normal" diamonds cost, not how they are gained. It's more than obvious that a player who push spire every week won't buy large quantities. My fear was that Season Pass would have cost more than how much we would pay for 3000 diamonds, and (only in this case :p ) I'm happy to say I was wrong.
But thats only cheaper if there are no discounts/special offer as we have sometimes on live. Then I would for example get 6000 or 9000 diamonds for 19.99 €. I would never buy diamonds without discount/special offer.