• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Unit "hints" working correctly?

Elevenar

Game version: v1.18.3-(ed3dc9d) (2016-11-10 9:45)
Game world: BETA 1
Browser + version: Version 54.0.2840.99 m
Flash Player version: You have version 23,0,0,207 installed
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Elevenar
Humans or Elves: Humans for sure ;)

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
I have the feeling, those flame balls or whatever this is when hovering units is not working. It shows the same (all three highlighted yellow) for Sacred Priest, Blessed Paladin and Mortar II. In my understanding of the units and their powers, this is not working as intended. Or, the internal values for the units and their strenghts are incorrect or incorrectly used.

Expected situation:
There should be combinations that are good and bad, not all the same.

Screenshots:
20161110 bug_units_hint.gif

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Elevenar,

We've checked this, and in your example, this is indeed working correctly. Let me explain...

Firstly, this is the description of how this should work (from the 1.18 release notes)

We are adding even more UI improvements to the Army Selection screens. Hovering a unit now shows you which units it's good/neutral against, making it easier to choose the right unit to get the job done

The explanation hinges on the 'combat pentagon' which can be found here. Now, in your example and screenie, Sacred Priest (Mage) is indeed strong against Heavy Ranged units, and thus these are shown in the enemy army. For Blessed Paladin, which are Heavy Melee units, it so happens that these are also strong against Heavy Ranged units. Lastly, those Mortar II of yours are themselves Heavy Ranged units, and therefore neutral against other Heavy Ranged units.

This means that for each of the units you mention, Heavy Ranged units should be highlighted in the enemy army, for the first 2 because they are strong against Heavy Ranged units, and for the 3rd because it is neutral against them.

Elevenar

Well, you closed my other thread today, saying units and their strengths shown in the information areas don't really behave like that. E.g. using ranged units, they are all dead most of the time. So, I go with 5 Paladin against ranged units, which IMHO is not logical, with a movement and range of both 2. This way I lose not even one complete squad, while with other combination at least all ranged units die.

Second try:
Using ranged units should stop ??? Exactly, units that move 1 or 2 fields. But they don't.
Using ranged units versus ranged units... should at least kill anything. Except Mages, I don't have the feeling, ranged units are usefull at all.

Conclusion: The units don't follow some logic, the average player can understand, or unit behaviour is mis-balanced (which you also can not see in the given information about units).

Elevenar

Level 2, 8 Provinces. Auto-fight them all with Paladins only ... really cool strategy and ... game.

Marindor

@Elevenar As explained: What you reported here, is not a bug. Please leave your feedback on the Battle System in the appropriate thread and don't abuse the bugs report section for that. Thank you.