• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Unfair quest (Taxes)

DeletedUser

I play on 2 server (Beta and Arendyll). On Beta server, I'm at the last tier of the tech tree while on Arendyll, I'm at the 2nd tier of the tech tree.

I always think that the repeatable quest depends much on our tech tree and the quest should be considerably 'achievable' by the player level. What surprise me is one particular quest on 'taxes' in which player has to collect some amount of money in return for supplies. Both my players have to collect 50000 coins but the high level player get 10000 supplies in return while the low level only get 4500 in return. Getting 50000 on the low level player is already a pain and the reward is lower than the high level?

This is my low level player's tech tree:
zMx0GXh.png
and this is the 'taxes' quest
2hqNQbN.png

This is my high level player's tech tree
EhKVRQw.png

and this is the 'taxes' quest
f1yFDDA.png

Is this feature intended or is it a bug?

DeletedUser

I'm at the last tier of the tech tree too, Neotoxin, and I've a reward of 4.500 supplies for collecting 50.000 coins and it takes a lot of time for me...
I didn't know about the other reward of 10.000 supplies collecting the same amount of coins!!! :mad:
How does it work, please??? o_O
I'm very impatient to know the answer, first of all 'cause it's not correct towards all players...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm at the last tier of the tech tree too, Neotoxin, and I've a reward of 4.500 supplies for collecting 50.000 coins and it takes a lot of time for me...
I didn't know about the other reward of 10.000 supplies collecting the same amount of coins!!! :mad:
I'm very impatient to know the answer, first of all 'cause it's not correct towards all players...:confused:
I dont know how but its just there..o_O. The developer should be able to answer this

DeletedUser

Yes, they do and we're waiting for their illuminating answer...:)

Marindor

Thank you for this feedback, guys. We will forward it to our development team to let them decide if they might want to do some rebalancing here :)

DeletedUser

Thanks to you, Marindor, for your answer ;)

Post scriptum: please, try to convince your development team to fix the reward of 10.000 supplies and...to refund me the difference about my hundreds and hundreds quests with rewards of 4.500 supplies :p If you'll be successful, I'll be your best wild-eyed fanatic :D

DeletedUser

Thank you for this feedback, guys. We will forward it to our development team to let them decide if they might want to do some rebalancing here :)
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to know if there's other parameters affecting how much we gain from quests?

Marindor

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to know if there's other parameters affecting how much we gain from quests?

Quest rewards are basically not a variable. In this example, there are 2 different quests which require you to do the same, but they're not the same quest (you can see that in the quest title). The reward for the same quests should always be the same. :)

DeletedUser778

And how does the game then decide wich of these quest you get as repeatable? I never saw the 50k for 4,5k quest, but I have the "our taxes" 50k for 10k quest.
Furthermore under mainhall level 10,or 11? it was called tax collector and it was 40k for 8k, or something when i remember correctly, so my thought was that the repeatable quests are depending on the mainhall level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

And how does the game then decide wich of these quest you get as repeatable? I never saw the 50k for 4,5k quest, but I have the "our taxes" 50k for 10k quest.

They get triggered by a certain progress in the game. The one with the 10k reward for instance, gets triggered in a later stage than the other one.

DeletedUser778

But it looks like these quest are either, or.
"Our Tax"(50k for 10k) I got after upgrading my mainhall to 10 or 11 (not 100% sure anymore) and I still have it with mainhall 15 and finished tech tree, before i had "Tax Collector" (40k for 8k) from mainhall 6/7 i guess until the upgrade to "Our Tax"
And I can't remember that I ever saw "Taxes" (50k for 4,5k)
And Alexander don't have "Our Tax"(when it's mainhall depending the "only" level 8 mh could be the reason), but from his post it does look like he also didn't had "Tax Collector" in the past, but he has the "Taxes" quest i never saw and we are both elves.

DeletedUser

Ok, if I've well understood, it's not a bug or other, but it's only due to difference stage of each player...;)
LordB: yes, I'm at the middle of the last tier and my Main Hall is at level 8o_O

DeletedUser778

When it's just the different stages how does it come that I, with finished tech tree, never saw the "Taxes"-Quest?

DeletedUser

...now I'm confused again...:confused:
I've always had this quest with this reward...:eek:

DeletedUser778

Trying to remember all the past confuses me too. Right now I'm not sure if I maybe mix the collect coins for supplies and the collect supplies for coins quest in my memory, but I'm still quite sure I never had 50k coins collecting for just 4,5k supplies.
What other quests do/did you have?
I think I had from atleast mid game on the coins for supplies sidequests always with 5:1 ratio (right now "Our Tax" 50k for 10k) and the supplies for coins sidequests with 1:20 ratio (right now "Supplies Supply Security" 5k for 100k) with just slightly different names and lower demand/reward for the earlier quests

DeletedUser

Since now, Lordb, I've two repeatable quests which I often use: 50.000 coins for 4.500 supplies and 2.000 supplies for 45.000 coins...o_O
Have you never had these quests?

Marindor

When it's just the different stages how does it come that I, with finished tech tree, never saw the "Taxes"-Quest?

Repeatable quests trigger between a certain progress. It could be that you progressed quicker at that stage then the repeatable quests were finished and you "skipped" this one because of that.