• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Unbalanced prizes in Herds event

DeletedUser1850

I was saving the beets up to hopefully get some help with the relic collection quests as I normally do with events but, I got screwed this time.

Out of 11 gold chests opened 9 of them were Enlightened Light Range buildings.. Feels like I just wasted all the time and supplies to play to that point.

ophion

I've also been saving up to try to get something nice...and the prize tonight....another Travelling Merchant.:((
I'm so tired of travelling merchants, uni-bloody-corns of all colours...and lava codex's of all colours...not to mention flower arbours!!!!
I have almost 1000 beets saved up in hopes of obtaining something worthwhile and I'm still waiting.:((
Please make the collecting and waiting for something nice worthwhile...more than just the rare occurrence in the event.

SoggyShorts

5 more prizes to go.
1. The Unleashed Unit will make it's second appearance
2. The Sparkling Tree Enclosure
3. The Rocky Enclosure
4. Rainbow unicorn? Just a guess as it's been in other major events and both crystal and silver already came up.
5. ???

Two chances left for a comeback of the Glossy Garden or something else.

Last edited:

Lissona

To be honest - I'm quite happy that there are no new (Glossy/Glacier) Gardens, the old ones are still good enough and as I have/had about 10+ of them (plus all the other event buildings which gave pop/culture) I have a lack of coins... Now I'm restructuring to have a more balanced city build...

DeletedUser1767

I've honestly been pretty happy that there were relatively few pop/culture buildings this time, because they don't really fit with my play style very well. They're always so shiny, but whenever I get them, I always end up regretting it eventually.

SoggyShorts

I'm quite happy that there are no new (Glossy/Glacier) Gardens
I've honestly been pretty happy that there were relatively few pop/culture buildings
The problem is that they are so efficient that they become addictive. If you have a dozen P&C buildings they are very hard to replace with normal residences and culture.

I didn't get any Mother dragons on Beta, so now I need to replace everything I've outgrown going into woodelves, since normal residences are better than them now.
That's 15 winter stars, 3 Phoenix Cults, snowflake mountain, Castle snowflake, Menhirok, and purple egg.
Going from 20 to 37 residences will take forever:(
Would have been much better for me to get a handful of new P&C

Last edited:

Deleted User - 86059

Wow @SoggyShorts you did so well I will be happy to get rid of a couple of snow buildings by replacing them with something that can give me culture as well :)

SoggyShorts

Wow @SoggyShorts you did so well I will be happy to get rid of a couple of snow buildings by replacing them with something that can give me culture as well :)
Indeed I did, but keep in mind, those are the ONLY things I spent snowflakes on--zero tries on snowmen, trees, unicorns etc.

Also, those winter stars are from chapter 4, and I just finished chapter 8

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

The problem is that they are so efficient that they become addictive. If you have a dozen P&C buildings they are very hard to replace with normal residences and culture.
Yes, exactly! And the other problem is that it's easy to get somewhat emotionally attached to them, because almost all of them require either real-money or event grinding+luck to get, and that makes it harder to give them up than normal culture buildings. This is particularly true of the event buildings because once you tear them down, they're gone forever without a trace. I have this problem with any of the event buildings involving trees (they will pry my Father Trees out of my COLD DEAD HANDS), but it's much worse with the P&C buildings than the straight culture because of how dependent you get on them.

I don't have anything like your Winter Star problems, but I'm still in a tight place with my winter stuff. I have very little room for new residences or to rearrange my city to make room for the larger Orcs residences, and I can't remove the obsolete P&C to make the room without ending up with a negative population. That might end up being what I have to do, but dang it's gonna hurt. :(

DeletedUser607

I didn't get any Mother dragons on Beta, so now I need to replace everything I've outgrown going into woodelves, since normal residences are better than them now.
That's 15 winter stars, 3 Phoenix Cults, snowflake mountain, Castle snowflake, Menhirok, and purple egg.
Going from 20 to 37 residences will take forever:(
Would have been much better for me to get a handful of new P&C

I had a similar situation, I went from woodelves to sorcerers, and had plenty of woodelven habitats. well, they have mana, culture and pop. so I could not just replace them with buildings from chapter 10, because there wasn't anything similar.

luckily I got 9 phoenix cults.

currently, they have the same pop-density as the chapter 11 houses, still hard to replace, but at least I got the mana issue solved. no idea how to solve that issue in the next chapter, maybe the frozen garden will return?