• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Treant II Reduced Attack Damage

DeletedUser

So, a treant II is supposed to reduce an enemy's attack by 20% after he hits but it doesn't work. I attacked a thief with my treants, then attacked her next turn with my sword dancers and there was no -20% next to the damage done even though the reduced damage icon was still there.

Marindor

Hi @AaronarTheElfy . The Treants II have the "Daze Enemies" ability, which means that they weaken the attack strength of their victim in the current round. So when your Treants II attack a thief, those thieves get a penalty on their attack power during that round. It doesn't mean they become weaker for other attacks on them, because their Defence isn't affected by the "Daze Enemies".

Preator

The problem is, the debuff icon does not disappear even after the "daze enemies" effect ends, which is misleading.

Preator

Yes @Marindor, exactly.
.. And the same applies for Broken Valor ability of Sorceress as well.

Just a side note: The icons on the initiative bar work fine, just the ones on the battle field are problematic.

Edit: Just fought against Golem II and realized that the same problem is valid for "Wound Enemies".
Most probably, all the special abilities have the same issue.

Last edited:

Marindor

I cannot reproduce that issue momentarily. For me, these icons do disappear after the "current" round. Have you tried this since the new update as well?

Preator

Yes I did. Actually, i didn't notice such an issue before the update.
I will try to reproduce and send some screenshots.

DeletedUser

Hi @AaronarTheElfy . The Treants II have the "Daze Enemies" ability, which means that they weaken the attack strength of their victim in the current round. So when your Treants II attack a thief, those thieves get a penalty on their attack power during that round. It doesn't mean they become weaker for other attacks on them, because their Defence isn't affected by the "Daze Enemies".
I meant on the thieves retaliation against my sword dancers. And it seems to be working now.

Preator

@Marindor ; Here are the screenshots as i promised.

This is 2nd round, my archer and the orcs moved and ended their turns. My treants' turn now. They hit the orcs and apply debuff on them.

DlJo34U.jpg

This is the start of the 3rd turn (Don't get confused it says 2.Round in the initiative bar, it is wrong. Must be another bug. You can see at the right the next round will be round 4). The Daze ability weakens the target for the "current" round. So the effect must have been worn off in the 3rd round. It seems to be still active though, both orcs have the heart shaped debuff icon on them. (As i said before, the initiative bar isn't bugged, everything is ok there, no debuff icons)

ndKZB76.jpg

But it only "seems" so. They are not weakened in fact. Here is again the orcs' turn and they hit just normally, without any debuff. (-90% is just the regular defense bonus of Treant II against light melee.)

BRDk7xx.jpg

Marindor

Alright, in that case these bugs might be connected. Because it says "2nd round", the icon is also still there but as the game recognises that it's already round 3, it doesn't apply the Daze ability. Would that make sense @Preator ?

DeletedUser

Also, related to treants. Enemies never retaliate against my treant 2's.

Marindor

We still cannot reproduce the issue Preator mentions in his last reply, with the game not showing the right "current round". Is there anyone else who has these problems?

Marindor

Since we cannot reproduce this and there are no other reports, we'll have to archive this thread as "Cannot Reproduce". Should ayone else encounter these problems and be able to provide us with exact reproduction steps, please let us know.