• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Traveling Merchant I

DeletedUser724

any 1 has any information about traveling merchant I if you get 1
it is the Daily special item of "Rise of Phoenix" of Day 2

it say it produce a decent volume of your T1 non-boosted goods ??

how many is that decent volume refer to ??

Sir Squirrel

Has anyone got this building yet and can give us a little more info, I am assuming it lets you do 3 and 9 hour productions of your non-boosted goods in the building itself and you don't need to build any of your non boosted factories to make it work, is that correct? @Marindor
The description is not very good at the moment I would add a little more to it before it went live to save any confusion. At the moment it kind of suggests you need to build your non-boosted factories for it to boost them. If this is not the case it should say it produces your non-boosted goods in the building. IMO.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1965

Has anyone got this building yet and can give us a little more info, I am assuming it lets you do 3 and 9 hour productions of your non-boosted goods in the building itself and you don't need to build any of your non boosted factories to make it work, is that correct?

I placed this building and it does function as you suggest. It is essentially two manus in one building that will allow you to choose to do a 3 or 9 hr production of either of your non-boosted Tier I goods.

DeletedUser736

I find it kind of strange they would give us such a building after changing the wholesaler because we were not trading enough.

DeletedUser1657

Not really as it won't stop you trading and you could build the non-boosted factories anyway. This just lets you have 2 factories for the price of one.

DeletedUser1877

perhaps though 'after' is not correct..... It may be this building has been in the plans a while, and the wholesaler change came after the planned building?

Sir Squirrel

Thanks for clarifying that @BizDani , yeah it doesn't produce enough that anyone could take advantage of it, but could help a little if you are low or couldn't get many trades for a certain non boosted tier one good.

DeletedUser736

Not really as it won't stop you trading and you could build the non-boosted factories anyway. This just lets you have 2 factories for the price of one.
I was under the impression that it was yielding goods like it is a boosted manufactory. It says in the description it produces tier one boosted good at a "decent" rate.

DeletedUser1877

Description : "A cunning Merchant from overseas: Allows you to produce your unboosted tier 1 goods at a decent volume"

Lissona

It seems (like shown in the screenshot on the other topic), that the Travelling Merchant won't need supplies and gold for producing the goods.

I'm in the last chapter - Travelling Merchant I for me isn't worth the space. My marble manufactories (with all other buildings required to have the manufactory – culture, population, culture for population, supplies, culture for supplies, population for supplies, culture for population for supplies etc.) still produce a little bit more T1 goods/square than the merchant. For people in earlier chapters (which do not have max relic boost nor a Mountain Hall) the building can be quite interesting.
But, if the numbers on elven architect are correct, Travelling Merchant II (for T2 goods) is already better than my crystal manufacturies. And Travelling Merchant III seems to be at least - in regard to production/square - twice as good as my gems manufactories. Of course, I can't replace my whole gems production, but somewhere there will be some space for one or two of these buildings (if I am lucky enough to win them with one or two tries)...

Everything subject to change if I discover an error in my calculations^^

SoggyShorts

Did anyone do calculations on these? I only did one

A chapter 5 player could make

• Level 15 plank,
    • Mysterious cyclone,
    • Level 15 residence with
    • 244 culture left
    • 29 pop left
    • 173 production (9h) plus boosts
    • takes 24 square
or
4 Travelling Merchants I

• 480 marble every 9h
    • 290 culture
    • takes 24 squares
290 culture vs 244+29 pop is pretty much a wash
480 marble vs 173 plus boost planks means that if the players boost is 178% or higher, then the planks are a better option.

(my chapter 6 Beta planker is at 618% boost, for 726 planks/9h , and I pretty much missed the last planks tournament so I think I had close to 600% in chapter 5)

Heymrdiedier

In cased you missed it, on the facebook live session, MufMuf told us that these merchants would come back multiple times as a reward.

SoggyShorts

No the other one named Tom, they said he was the Lead CM, as far as i know, thats MufMuf.

Timon is the balancer he said.... so its all his fault! :D
Wow I was under the impression that the actual shot callers and developers had a layer of mods between us and them, and I could see why they would since I'm having a really hard time trying not to send @Muf-Muf messages asking about fixing player movement and implementing approved simple fixes(like tooltips on scouts)

lika1961

Wow I was under the impression that the actual shot callers and developers had a layer of mods between us and them, and I could see why they would since I'm having a really hard time trying not to send @Muf-Muf messages asking about fixing player movement and implementing approved simple fixes(like tooltips on scouts)

Having watched the Q&A and seeing them spend a significant amount of time looking at the screen where the questions are supposed to be, I don't think it would actually help. So few questions were actually answered that the idea of "Questions and Answers" becomes laughable. More like "looking around and trying to fill the airtime with inane banter" than Q&A. And more fool me for watching the whole silly video in hopes of actually getting an answer to something, right? :oops:

SoggyShorts

I agree, the Q&A could be done better. What it really needs is a moderator to filter questions.
Preferably a knowledgeable player rather than an INNO employee.
Answering questions about how to make ambrosia is a total waste of time. Just like asking about storage 50+ times after it was addressed.
When other "Live" Q&As are done they don't actually just put the caller through, there's someone screening those calls.