• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Trader ratings for small offers are wrong

DeletedUser778

Since my report in the german forum (I first stumbled over it on de3) got no attention for over a week I try here again. ;)

qB4zDpe7oRUU.png

As you can see the same ratios with very low amounts get overrated, if the ratio is the same the rating should be the same too.

DeletedUser628

Thank you for reporting this to us, LordB. I am not sure what the correct behavior is here or why the same-ratio trades are marked with different ratings. We'll check this and get back to you.

Reproduction steps:
1. Create a trade with smaller goods amount (example: offer 5 Marble, demand 2 Crystal)
2. Create a trade with larger goods amount but the same ratio from step 1 (example: offer 50 Marble, demand 20 Crystal)
3. Observe the ratio is the same but the rating is different.

We've checked if this is intended, and it is intended indeed. This happens due to rounding, and only happens for (very) small trades. :)

DeletedUser778

What rounding?
5:2 = 2,5
and 50:20 = 2,5 too
So I expect it to have the same rating.
A rating that has different ratings for the same ratio is useless
That is total illogical

DeletedUser

@LordB
If you look at the first two trades
It takes 16 marble to be equal to one elixir
Trade one would require 480 marble to be equal to 30 elixir, and since the trade only holds 400 its a bad trade.
Trade two requires 48 marble to be equal, it has 40 marble, the 8 marble still needed to make an equal trade is worth half a elixir, so the 40 marble in this case is worth 2.5 elixir and its rounded up to 3, and its a fair trade.

DeletedUser778

Why should the game need to round there, when it already calculates the ratios?!

UkKg1LjfUfuq.png

u7mu9Zh0I2Dd.png

Ratings should come from the ratio and not some useless roundings.

If 400 for 30 is somewhat expansive, 40 for 3 is too.

DeletedUser

Why should the game need to round there, when it already calculates the ratios?!
Its not useless roundings, its math, but as in so many other places in this game, the programming ain´t top quality.
The ratio you see is taken from 40:3=13,33 and 400:30=13,33 but the game sets it up from another formula, so duble programming for the same calculation with two different results, so in that way one of the formulas in the game is useless, since only one is needed.

EDIT: The ratio that´s shown is pretty useless, its just info that tell that there are 13.33 as many marble as elixir, it ain´t counting for the different values of the gods, so that´s programing that dont need to be there, it don´t even tell anything about the trade value at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

The ratio that´s shown is pretty useless, its just info that tell that there are 13.33 as many marble as elixir, it ain´t counting for the different values of the gods, so that´s programing that dont need to be there, it don´t even tell anything about the trade value at all.
If you have a little background info and know for the game the ratio 16:4:1 between tier 1, 2 and 3 goods is fair you see that 13,33 is below 16 = unfair
So why not have 2 stars for a ratio between 15,9 and 16,1, 3 stars for a higher ratio, etc...

But if it is intended that the same ration can be good and bad at the same time and new players can be tricked... so be it
I found the ratios not really fitting since i started playing and so I am anyway more on this side, or a free market that regulates the prices on it's own through demand and supply.

Balance in the game is made to slow down our development. 1-4-16 this is nonsense, because everywhere in the game, we need goods in proportion 1-1-1. Therefore, actual trade is higher than 1-2-4 is unreasonable.

I described in detail here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes LordB, the ratio can be used in that way, i overlooked that part.. but i´ll still say it useless info (the ratio) if you know enough about the game you can use the info the ratio gives you, but you dont need that info, coz you wount be cheated by the lowend, or small trades, you would see that it´s a bad trade by just looking at it, a newbie on the other hand might not know, and the ratio might give him or her bad info, a 13,33 ratio would look very good if you dont know about the 1:4:16, by that the ratio info might not even just be useless, but might even be harmful to new players.