• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Time to say Goodbye

Jackluyt

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Platinum Leaf US2 came third in the FA - nice work everyone! Sadly that will be my last Elvenar event ever; I have decided with regret that it is time to leave all aspects of the game and return to real life and start to earn an income. Many people have made generous donations over the last year to help cover expenses, but sadly I am still struggling financially, living on a modest fixed income. Also I have started walking 10 km every day and growing healthier, and have lost 30 kg (70 pounds) in the process, and am struggling to find the time; constantly rushing to switch between real life and Elvenar world; it is getting too stressful - so sadly I must say goodbye; I plan to record the Winter Event Note, and once it is over on 11th December, I will leave you all.
Elvenar has been immensely good to me; running the two fellowships and the Facebook group gave me the self-confidence I needed to stop drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney, and for that I am most grateful and proud of the opportunity to have served you all.
Thank you for being with me on this wonderful journey! I have made great friends and met wonderful people, and it is extremely sad to say goodbye…

1a1.jpg

WANTED: THREE LEADERS
Now we have the problem of who will run each of the two groups in US2 and Beta, and take over the Facebook Group once I am gone. These three were founded in order to create an ethical, fun playing environment for the serious player, without using stolen game information or cheating; without bullying or bossiness; free of drama and conflict, and keeping things as simple as possible without all kinds of bells and whistles and unnecessary rules.
If you feel you can maintain those standards without turning my beloved groups into something I would not be proud of, please send me a private message.
No one has expressed interest in taking over the leadership role in-group, so I will have to advertise outside. I am definitely leaving the game after 11th Dec. I am not going to hand over my precious group to any old Tom Dick or Harry; applicants will be 'interviewed' online to find the right person who will continue what I started along similar lines.
Would anyone be interested in the job?

Alcaro

Sorry to see you leaving Jack
broken-heart.gif
but happy
love-struck.gif
to find out that your health is steadily improving! I wish you all the best in your endeavor and not last, a big THANK YOU for all the work you did over the years to keep us informed about events, changes and ... actually almost everything. :)
Big big hugs!
big-hug.gif

Verde

Thank you so much for everything you've done, Jack.
Wish you all the very best for a happy and healthy future!

tradescantia

You'll be greatly missed, Jack. I know your FB group has helped a lot of players. Thank you for all your work over the years and all the very best in your new life.

Lelanya

Jack
You have a great skill set for collecting basic information, and with helping new players to get started, and move their cities forward. You patiently answer the same questions over and over, and for that I thank you. You collect event information and share it around, and even create tables. Your input will be missed by many.

DeletedUser2378

Hi Jack.
Thank you for the many years you've dedicated to helping this community. It seems like you started the facebook page not too long after the game began, and I can say that in those first several years, I relied heavily on your posts, for things like new chapter announcements and guides, events, and anything else that was new to this game, as it was starting up. You've been a valuable resource to so many players, over the last 6+ years. I know most of us haven't said it nearly enough over the years, so thank you for the time you've given to help each player. We will miss your posts.

Elvenar is becoming a very sad place lately. Too many valuable players and staff leaving, for various reasons. ♥

Dorfl the Clay

You'll be greatly missed, Jack. I know your FB group has helped a lot of players. Thank you for all your work over the years and all the very best in your renewed life. Hope we will keep in touch... stay healthy and safe!

Droopy

Goodbye Jack and thank you for all the support you gave to the players. I'm very sure a lot of players have used your information.

Jackluyt

This is my last morning doing the rounds of my Elvenar cities (though I will still be hanging around in the background on Facebook while the new team settles in, and still looking for a knowledgeable team leader with lots of time on his/her hands) - and I must confess that it is sad. But there is also an immense feeling of relief; running the playing groups has been immensely helpful for me to 'heal the hole in my soul', and I am grateful that you all were part of that. But one cannot go five years continuously without a single day off!!

Fortunately we have stand-in Arch-Mages for both groups who are quite able to continue to run them according to my unique vision and not let them degenerate to become a mere clone of the bigger, brasher groups. We have a combined Facebook chat for all the Admins, so they will still be able ask for help and explanations about the way I like things done, for a while, until everything settles.
I have thought about the groups' name and am happy to stick with Platinum Leaf; that is how everyone knows it and there is no real reason to change, unless you all decide to abandon my method and change my baby into something of which I would not approve or wish my name to be coupled with.

An amusing story: this morning I am still collecting factories and setting up production runs and the hundred and one things one does every day the way I always do - despite the fact that in 14 hours I am leaving my cities, never to return. This reminds me of the navy cook, who when the captain orders the stopcock valves opened to scuttle the ship so the enemy cannot capture it - washes all the dishes and stacks them neatly, before walking out his galley for the last time, as the ship sinks beneath his feet!

Thanks for the ride everyone, and go well!

Clipboard09.jpg

Dorfl the Clay

Thanks for the ride everyone, and go well!
Thanks again for all you have done for all players. You can be proud of what you did and the legacy you leave behind. I am sorry I didn't get in contact with you earlier, but hope we will stay in touch somehow... Good luck and best wishes for everything the future might bring you!

salandrine

Thx a lot for your great help always, @Jackluyt. I know, it was a lot of work and it was always done very propper.

You never know, what for it will be good.

Just a story of my husband:

Decades ago he played paper and pen games, most time he was leading the game and the group. So he learned to manage groups, solve and motivate. After his company closed, he had to find a new work, which lastet some years. But now he is a very happy project leader, a work, he would not be able to do it without the experience of the pen and paper time.

Valtitude

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Platinum Leaf US2 came third in the FA - nice work everyone! Sadly that will be my last Elvenar event ever; I have decided with regret that it is time to leave all aspects of the game and return to real life and start to earn an income. Many people have made generous donations over the last year to help cover expenses, but sadly I am still struggling financially, living on a modest fixed income. Also I have started walking 10 km every day and growing healthier, and have lost 30 kg (70 pounds) in the process, and am struggling to find the time; constantly rushing to switch between real life and Elvenar world; it is getting too stressful - so sadly I must say goodbye; I plan to record the Winter Event Note, and once it is over on 11th December, I will leave you all.
Elvenar has been immensely good to me; running the two fellowships and the Facebook group gave me the self-confidence I needed to stop drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney, and for that I am most grateful and proud of the opportunity to have served you all.
Thank you for being with me on this wonderful journey! I have made great friends and met wonderful people, and it is extremely sad to say goodbye…

View attachment 10431

WANTED: THREE LEADERS
Now we have the problem of who will run each of the two groups in US2 and Beta, and take over the Facebook Group once I am gone. These three were founded in order to create an ethical, fun playing environment for the serious player, without using stolen game information or cheating; without bullying or bossiness; free of drama and conflict, and keeping things as simple as possible without all kinds of bells and whistles and unnecessary rules.
If you feel you can maintain those standards without turning my beloved groups into something I would not be proud of, please send me a private message.
No one has expressed interest in taking over the leadership role in-group, so I will have to advertise outside. I am definitely leaving the game after 11th Dec. I am not going to hand over my precious group to any old Tom Dick or Harry; applicants will be 'interviewed' online to find the right person who will continue what I started along similar lines.
Would anyone be interested in the job?
I'm sad to see you leave, Jackluyt.
Congratulations on your weight loss and better physical fitness. Hope you continue on this path.
Have learned a lot from you over the years and have never spelled your avatar name correctly without looking at it. There are a few bad spots on my hard disk (brain). Oik!
Though fully understand why you're leaving, you will be missed very much.
I'm hearing the song 'Time to Say Goodbye' in my head. Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. I kinda prefer piano solo of the song myself. Still ...
Fair winds and following seas, sailor!

Val
Valtitude