• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Threatening other players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeva

This morning I found an ingame message in my mailbox. A threatening one. Turned out someone bothered to make an account especially to threaten other players, not just me. Ofcourse I took action: rapport to support and press the red !

I really want to emphasize that this is a game.
It is supposed to be fun and certainly to be safe.
Overhere in the forum we are encouraged to be nice to each other even when we have our disagreements and heated debates. And we all follow those rules. They are the only reason this is a functioning forum.

So. This is a statement to those who think they are allowed to threaten other people. You are not!
Plus. You do not impress me nor anybody else if you threaten other people from behind an anonymous game account.
And. I encourage everybody that ever receives a threat, to rapport. So we can all be safe and play this game.

Pauly7

I think if you click that exclamation mark it blocks them too, but I'm not sure. I've never done it.

Uffauffa

Maybe nobody knows for a sure authorship to Einstein about the "infinity concept" quote, but I must admit that I agree with it
Universe could not be infinite.

Heymrdiedier

This morning I found an ingame message in my mailbox. A threatening one. Turned out someone bothered to make an account especially to threaten other players, not just me. Ofcourse I took action: rapport to support and press the red !

I really want to emphasize that this is a game.
It is supposed to be fun and certainly to be safe.
Overhere in the forum we are encouraged to be nice to each other even when we have our disagreements and heated debates. And we all follow those rules. They are the only reason this is a functioning forum.

So. This is a statement to those who think they are allowed to threaten other people. You are not!
Plus. You do not impress me nor anybody else if you threaten other people from behind an anonymous game account.
And. I encourage everybody that ever receives a threat, to rapport. So we can all be safe and play this game.

I've had this happen to me too a few years ago. I replied with a witty comment, and the person who did it just had a laugh at it, and then it was over.
For me reporting feels like making it worse, feels like you're starting a war this way. So i rather reply and see where the conversation leads us, if it leads to anything at all.

Aeva

feels like you're starting a war this way
Do you think?
The message was send by someone that used a 'play' on my name as accountname plus they used a new city made especially to be able to send that message.
It was not a joke or something.

SoggyShorts

I'm super curious, what kind of threat? I mean it's the internet...
"My dad is gonna beat up your dad"?

And not that I'm blaming you at all, but what did you and @Pauly7 do to make someone put in that much effort? I mean look a the way I talk to people and I (almost) never get threatened LoL.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Let's not turn this into a whole forumwide matter and make the situation bigger that way. Discussing individual complaints/punishments/etc against other players is also not allowed on our forums. @Aeva, you did the right thing by reporting the situation to our Support Team and we have taken it from there. As you probably know, we are not at liberty to discuss exact details about e.g. punishments with you, but if you have any further questions about the matter other than that, please feel free to contact our Support Team.

That being said, we'll now close this thread. Have a nice evening/day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.