• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Thieves

DeletedUser

I'm referring to the enemy unit called "Thief" which appears in province encounters. Is it just me, or these gals have a damage output far superior to what they stats claim? I haven't done the maths (lazy, I know), but I remember a couple of then killing a nice bunch of my archers in my last encounter; with 1 hit, that is.

DeletedUser126

all of them do that :p And almost everything 1 shots ranged units :p

DeletedUser

Yeah, it doesn't seem to matter how many of them there are, they keep dealing massive damage. Same goes for the bandits. 1 bandit killed 36 of my archers. I don't know how many arrows they can attach to that crossbow of theirs, but i doubt it it's 36..

DeletedUser

Considering the damage dealt by enemy squads I used to think, because the fighting system is round-based, the number of units of an enemy squad dealing damage is determined at the start of a round.

But if I'm right, it doesn't make too much sense, that enemy squads, who are completely wiped out before they are to move, don't deal any damage at all (comparing this to the fighting system of 'The Settlers', what I've read this game is slightly aimed to be in competition with also)

DeletedUser

Ok, I come back with some facts now! Based on observation.

It turns out that damage output by enemy squads (I havent checked yet if this applies to player' squads too) doesn't decrease at the same rate that squad number do. So, for example -and this is not theoretical, but my notes on an actual combat-, an enemy squad of 18 thieves had 107-145 damage. Numbers are good so far: 1 thief does 6-8 damage, so 6-8 damage x18 = 107-145. Cool. BUT WAIT. I kill 13 of those thieves, so now the squad is down to 5 thieves. That should amount to a damage of 30-48, because 6-8 x5 = 30-48. Well, guess what? Their display shows a damage value of 65-89. This happens consistently across several fights. Both with thieves and archers.

Now let's go try this out on Steilings, just for fun. I face an enemy steiling squad of 4 members, that's 53-139 damage, 13-35 x4 members, ok. I kill 3 of them, so that squad is down to 1 member. That 1 member has 26-70 damage.

Surprisingly, this doesn't seem to apply on strike-back attacks. There was this squad of 31 thieves (184-250 damage), I killed 19 on an attack by Axe Barbarians so the squad went down to 12 members. Inmediately they retaliate against my Axe Barbarians, doing a meager 39 damage. This happened several other times, although I did not took down notes about actual projected damage outputs. Must pay attention in the future.

DeletedUser58

We've already reported and discussed this to some extend in THIS thread. Might be good to add your findings there so we can hopefully establish a possible bug (or if it is by design we can suggest a change).

I'm not sure that the strike-back/retaliate attack isn't affected the same way. It seems to me that the strike-back/retaliate attack is just low in general (as in, it's not the same as the unit's actual damage, it's likely just a portion of it). I've had a squid of 36 units which does over 200 damage, just by losing 3-4 units, retaliate with only 20-30 damage.