• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The whole wonder dynamic

DeletedUser1345

KP is used to build up wonders, and donating KP gains runes ( hopefully. ) I know it is an attractive idea to look for wonders where the largest gains can be made for the smallest donations. Then players are surprised and upset that their meager contributions do not yield them results. I prefer to make large contributions, of at least 100, and sometimes more. My position and rewards are assured.
Instead of putting KP into my own wonder, I find someone that wants runes of that type, and has a wonder that I would like to get runes for. Engage in a straight 1 for 1 KP trade. Rather than build it up, then stop and wait while I get the runes to make the next circle, both are accomplished at once.
If the owner of the wonder has not put in any, or very little KP, nobody will get any advantage from donating offensively. If the donated amounts ( bad choice of words, because the KP is exchanged ) reach a high level for that attracts outsiders, those who have donated 100 or more, are probably safe in getting one or more runes.
If I were to lose out that way, I would be a little disappointed, but I would get over it. I actually did not lose anything, because the KP I give, are the KP I receive. Small setback, move on. Somebody wanting to force their way in with large contributions of KP, are not going to get any KP in return.
I was actually considering putting up a tab in the forums, after the next guest race, to find like minded players outside of the fellowship. When a clear majority of my fellows want runes of the same kind, I am not going to find multiple players who want to put KP into a wonder of a different type. Not to advertise where KP is going, but as a way to find players to engage in exchanges with, if I can't find them within my own fellowship. Beside big level wonders have room for a lot of contributors. I don't see how someone could use it to take advantage of the situation, but my mind does not work in viscous or devious ways. ( OK, that is not entirely true. )
Anyway this just my opinion about how I like to go about things. Not a condemnation, attack, critique, or whatever. I just thought a dialogue on this topic would be useful. And perhaps even unavoidable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Wonders dynamic is set up to significantly benefit anyone who buys Runes Shards with diamonds.

• Do it quickly after a release, and you attract KP without reciprocity (since many players are looking for the newer Runes)
  • You can make every KP count toward your score (since you don't have to spend hundreds of KP winning Runes)

Otherwise, we lose hundreds or thousands of rank points by spending KP trying to win Rune Shards. All things considered, the order of priority for Runes (in terms of maximizing KP) seems to be:

1. Buy them
  2. Swap KP for them
  3. Win / earn them via activities
  4. Donate for them

DeletedUser1345

True, having a new wonder fast will invite a flurry of players throwing KP in. Each of the new wonders comes with a new icon, so players can advertise their new wonder, for those who want to scroll through the rankings. Good for them and good for Inno. Diamonds can be paid by those who want to take the shorter route, that has always been how games like these work. Those who want to donate are glad that the player paid, because now they have a wonder that they can give to.
Everybody benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I know one of the newer wonders, the prosperity tower only gives one rune for many of the levels. So that really makes it hard to attract anyone to it who isn't brand new. I guess you can have one agreement with one other player that each of you will give each other all the hundreds of kp it takes to level them up, but that is tough. I think a kp swap agreement is better in that case because then at least no one has to spend 250 plus kp for one rune. Does that make sense?

If you only get one rune, how are you going to get many people to help?

But, I don't know if that is true about the other newer wonders. I'm one of those people that plays without buying wonders, so for me they have been torture. Every kp I got I traded one for one with others. I have not had a single extra kp dumped in my wonders because I get them so late. I have spent thousands of kp trying to get the runes just to build the wonders I have. So for me, it has been awful.

I see what you mean though about focusing on only one wonder. I can see a benefit to that.

DeletedUser

I forgot who I donated KP to. Is there a way I can find out? tia