• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Enevhar Aldarion

AS seen here:
15. Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 6 Spire Encounters and Produce 4 Baskets of Groceries (workshop 9 hour) - 48
16. Gain 400 Spell Fragments or Scout 1 Province and Produce 3 Baskets of Groceries (workshop 9 hour) - 48

INNO - PLEASE - I love you guys BUT - dont do these BACK TO BACKS! It is VERY hard for Newbies AND Oldies. Goods and Supplies also.. back to back=unhappy, frustrated players.

Wait til you get further. It gets worse. That one you can do easy if you have enough workshops going at the same time. I think it is 34 and 35 that ask for a good amount of all goods back to back. And too many, too close together, wanting vision vapor.

Enevhar Aldarion

34,36,37,39, and 40 is the nasty streak of "produce buttload of goods"
Streak might be longer, won't know for ~6h.

Luckily for my city, the "good amount" quests are just under 9k goods, which I can cover with my 4 planks, 4 silk, and 2 gems with one 3-hour production in each and MM enchantments applied. And that is with only the planks factories at current max level. I don't know how that scales for everyone else, though.

QueenKooky

totally confused, what is the meaning of the cats? Why, when I clear a path does it tell me I can not collect the prize because there is no prize? This event is not off to a good start at all. I spent over 300 points and got a single candle?
Can anyone explain this Quest to me? Because the video was no help at all.
Plus, its beyond old to get evolving buildings with no explanation as to what they will do. This one is odd, to say the least.
Help, anyone?

marmar

I seem to be having a problem with getting lantern to work. I can only use it if i have used the candle on a square in the next row. I have yet to see one of the daily prizes, so I think I might be doing something wrong. If there is a rock, then I can’t get anything to light below it. Strategically, is it better to clear an entire board, or move along as quickly as you can?

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
totally confused, what is the meaning of the cats? Why, when I clear a path does it tell me I can not collect the prize because there is no prize? This event is not off to a good start at all. I spent over 300 points and got a single candle?
Can anyone explain this Quest to me? Because the video was no help at all.
Plus, its beyond old to get evolving buildings with no explanation as to what they will do. This one is odd, to say the least.
Help, anyone?

Hi @QueenKooky :)

The cats are called Friendly Spirits. You collect these along the path and they are then used as points towards the Grand Prizes (bar at the bottom of your event page)
You can find rewards along the pathway. These are called Lost Items. There is a chance to win daily exclusives in these Lost Items that you may find.
There will be some road blocks along the way such as thorny shrubs and boulders. You will not be able to use any Light Sources (candle, lanterns or flask) on any road block.

I seem to be having a problem with getting lantern to work. I can only use it if i have used the candle on a square in the next row. I have yet to see one of the daily prizes, so I think I might be doing something wrong. If there is a rock, then I can’t get anything to light below it. Strategically, is it better to clear an entire board, or move along as quickly as you can?

Hello @marmar :)

For a lantern to work along the path, there will need to be at least one cleared square in the path. If all 6 squares are still shaded, you will need to unlock part of that row with either a candle or a flask first.
As mentioned above, you will need to go around road blocks on the path.
The strategy is up to each player!

Should anyone have any questions on how to play in The Misty Forest event, please contact our Support Team for further assistance. We would be happy to help. https://support.innogames.com/

DeletedUser2526

need some real work here guys and i know this is BETA... lol i did get 2 witches hats but i have no idea how.. lol gotta go.. BACK to the Misty Forest... Oh.. almost forgot... is anyone elses game freeze, lock up, steam errors when the magic things are uploaded to city? its on both my APP and my Chromebook now... have to keep logging out and in or log out completely ..and well you get the pic.. BETA.. gotta love it

SoggyShorts

What's the total expected currency for completing all quests?
Edit: if it's the same as zodiak 4355, things are looking good.
I spent 1900+300 (from quest checkpoint) and I have 5 hats. (4 + checkpoint)
~3,000 more magical ingredients coming to me, plus one more free hat. Should get 7,8,9 reasonably easy- So I won't even need the following FA for a full hut.

I gotta say @Inno:/ @Marindor Thank you for removing most of the luck from the event.
The random chests might be weak, and the format might have a learning curve for some but I really like not having to count on a 5% chance of winning 500 keys.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 89361

I like it. Something different was needed and this event's format is very interesting. Also the evolving building is really good for mid-game players. In chapter 9 at stage 10, the 4x4 Witch's Hut gives you 1440 orcs (90 per square) while the 4x3 Orc Ship gives you 670 orcs (55.83 per square), so we are talking here about the most efficient orcs per square building you can get at this stage of the game. The amount of frogs might not be that much, but if you are below the Halflings chapter you now have another place to get these useful units besides the Brown Bears. I will definitely place it in my city.

Deleted User - 81190

Thank you for removing most of the luck from the event.
Strong statement. There are more sources of variability now than ever before (variable maps + variable paths + variable chests now vs just variable chests before). It is entirely possible to dump all your event currency with absolutely zero to show for it (no GPs, no DPs and no fluff prizes). Obviously one has to specifically try for that, but in the previous format that won't be possible no matter what.

Earwen1

No, I'm not. Just looking after new players. :) Here's another quests which is very hard to do with a new/chapter 1 account:
You are right. In chapter I it's impossible to collect fragments as the MA comes into the game only at the end of chapter I. Fortunately they gave it a work around: "OR scout 1 Province", which is way easier and faster to perfom at this stage in the game. :)

DeletedUser3314

You are right. In chapter I it's impossible to collect fragments as the MA comes into the game only at the end of chapter I. Fortunately they gave it a work around: "OR scout 1 Province", which is way easier and faster to perfom at this stage in the game. :)
Are we talking about the same quest ? I'm talking about quest #31. I still don't see any alternative for that one. :(
You probably mean #16, different quest all together. :oops: That one only requires 400 (not 600) spell fragments and luckily has an alternative.

Alcaro

Should anyone have any questions on how to play in The Misty Forest event, please contact our Support Team for further assistance. We would be happy to help. https://support.innogames.com/
Sorry, but is not normal to contact Support to teach us how an event should be played. That's why we have a forum where at the announcement for a new event should be a detailed explanation of the mechanics as well a proper video (the one that exist is useless).