• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The market ratios are off.

DeletedUser1607

Hello everyone!

As you might know the current market ratios for trades between the good-tiers are: 1:4:16 (T3:T2:T1). So 1 T3 good is worth 4 T2 or 16 T1 goods. This seems to based solely on the tool+coin cost of making the goods, which is also at a 1:4:16 ratio. Why is this?

There's so much more to making a good than the tool+coin price we pay for it. You might have wondered, why does it feel so expensive to trade T1 goods for T2 or T3? The truth is that the ratings are off, by a quite big margin (depending a bit on your own activity).

I have translated the goods into production/square. There is more to producing a good than the tools and coins we pay for it, it's also the space that population and culture takes up for the manufactories, and the space the manufactories themselves takes up.

Some might disagree and say "it's only the price I pay manually that matters, since it's flexible and therefore goes to infinity". Or something along those lines. Remember then that the tools you produce also goes on to infinity so it kind of cancels out eachother.

Let's say the developers reduced the cost of making T1 goods by 10 times.
Example: 500 marble that costed 250 tools and 2500 coins to make now costs 25 tools and 250 coins.
Ask yourself: would this be a major change? For me the answer is: no. The changed cost would barely make any difference in my tool/coin supply.
But the market ratio would have to be changed, since it appearantly only depends on the tools/coins we pay for it. So now 1 gem would be worth 160 marble (for example) according to the market. Quite gamebreaking.

I enjoy this game, which is why when I see errors like this I really have to do something.

Here is an excel document that I made which calculates production/square: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1esRiO2Xbm6qp0KPdImF3iRFZcqzDMi5X7gx94aAqqkk/edit?usp=sharing

Download it and try for yourself if you want, it's probably not perfect but alot closer than the current market ratios I think.

Here's my personal ratios right now (international servers):

MUeHD4n.png

ta2dc9t.png

Thanks for reading!

CrazyWizard

The problem aint the cost in tools or coins,
The issue that makes this extremely unbalanced is the fact that with these ratios you need(from my head) 14K people and 280 grid spaces of tier 1 factories to trade for 1 1000 tier 3 goods, the same goods can be produced in a single tier 3 factory with 2k workers and 20 grid spaces.

DeletedUser1607

The problem aint the cost in tools or coins,
The issue that makes this extremely unbalanced is the fact that with these ratios you need(from my head) 14K people and 280 grid spaces of tier 1 factories to trade for 1 1000 tier 3 goods, the same goods can be produced in a single tier 3 factory with 2k workers and 20 grid spaces.

Exactly. The space the manufactories take up with population etc. is not following the market ratio at all.