• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The little dummy-neighbor Trick

DeletedUser

I've already asked about it about 2 weeks ago, but got no answer, so I ask you, if there's somebody out here, experiencing the same, or if I'm the only one.

And if I'm the only one, I ask: Why me, Lord :)

The story is simple:

You 'discover' a neighbor (spending troops, goods, and some of us even wasting real money).

Like nearly every neighbor, this recently discovered neighbor, neither visits you, nor shows another activity.

So he/she is a 'bad and worthless' neighbor, and we are told that bad and worthless neighbors after a month (or so) disappear.

As we are always told the truth, the bad and worthless neighbor disappears after 3 or 4 months and his field on the map becomes empty.

But we were told (and remember: we are always told the truth) that the developers, community managers, supporters etc etc, are working hard and about 27 hours per day (yes, they have 3 hours more, because the NEVER sleep the siesta ...), so after some days (might be: weeks or months) on this empty field settles a new neighbor.

Logically you get filled up with joy and pleasure: a new neighbor! a new active neighbor, still at a very low level, but an ACTIVE new neighbor. You know that he/she is an active neighbor, because he/she is upgrading the Main Hall from level 6 to level 7 ...

Because of that you are the slowest neighbor in you neighborhood all other neighbors in you neighborhood are faster than you: they ALL visit the new neighbor earlier than you, so for you NEVER exists the option to 'help' him and get some coins ... and: let's be honest: you don't visit him for to 'help' him, but for the coins.

And you also notice, that the upgrade of the Main Hall from level 6 to level 7 of this new, active neighbor never ends: not after 10 hours, not after 10 days and not after 10 weeks ...

And the good news are: he/she is not the only neighbor with this 'feature', that you can't help him/her and get at least some coins. There are at least a dozen more.

That he/she never 'helps' you is obvious: he/she does NOT EXIST - it's a dummy-neighbor, set up with the idea to prevent complaints by you regarding missing neighbors.

If you're 'playing for free' take this with some humor, if you've paid 'real money' for discovering neighbors, you can even name it, any way you like ...

At the end of the good news the day: This 'feature', to get about 10- 15% worthless dummy-neighbors, can also be found on the live servers.

Elderflower

I do get the impression that more advanced cities do not get removed after 30 days. I have one similar but he is just a very irregular player - like once a month or so. His Hall will upgrade next time he logs in but who knows when that will be. Such people are a pain but since they haven't actually stopped playing they won't get removed.:(

DeletedUser867

• Neither premium account sponsored cities nor cities that have completed the 3rd chapter are subject to removal "after 30 days."
  • Sarcasm aside, if folks aren't immigrating fast enough to fill the vacancies, the vacancies are going to be there for a while.
That said, the developers definitely need to think about how to consolidate cities that have been isolated for a while. At the moment Beta is the only world that's not growing rapidly, but as the game matures they'll need to compact the map, and perhaps even merge some of worlds.

But it will be quite a while before they get to that bubble on the flowchart.

DeletedUser338

Oh boy, that's a lot of sarcasm right there.
Alright, let me explain how this game works; When you upgrade a building and that building finishes upgrading while you're offline, it won't actually upgrade until you come back online. This means that if someone is upgrading their main hall from level 6 to 7 and then just leaves the game forever, their main hall will look like it's upgrading until the player is deleted from the game.
I mean, come on, dummy-neighbors? Really? That's a pretty lame conspiracy theory. If there would be dummy-neighbors I'm pretty sure the devs would make sure their main halls would be free to polish.