• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Tearing down buildings level by level

DeletedUser118

Ok, I was wondering why we always have to tear down buildings completely instead of tearing down only single levels of it. With increasing building levels, I think it would be much more helpful to be able to choose between tearing down buildings level by level or the way we are doing now.

DeletedUser283

that is a clever idea, @Katzenprinz !
although in most cases we tear down buildings entirely because we need the space there,
there might be situations where we would want to adjust for instance our population to the minimum in order to possibly get a higher culture bonus
- or an easier-to-get one through lesser neighbourly help needs

DeletedUser118

Well, LordB was the reason for my idea cuz he complained why he had to upgrade a building which is ineffective at this high level. He would rather like to keep it on a lower one. So I figured they should at least give us the option.

DeletedUser283

I will limit myself to mentioning that I am not a strong believer in "value/square"calculation;
whenever I need a new car, I read its technical data, of course, but I want to test-drive it as well ;)
choosing to stop a building at some specific level because it is said to be "more efficient" there is like driving at 90km/h speed on a superhighway "because I will use less petrol this way"; if I have to drive 90km/h, I want the nice country road with the forest and the lovely villages, not an asphalt ribbon :D
now of course, this is a personal opinion, and to each one her/his own :)

DeletedUser651

I like this idea. The all or nothing is a real problem. When they tweak game rules, sometimes we all have a great deal of scrambling to do to become the most efficient again. (Though, obviously some don't play this way). If you need just a few more population and all your houses are maxed out, you might just want to drop a building down a couple of levels.

Also, as Phil pointed out, often you need to deconstruct in order to get more room, but you might only need an extra square or two and possibly just going down some levels will make the buildings as small as you need them to be.

(However, I have a feeling the all or nothing approach is a feature stressing the commitment they want you to make in order to make certain moves in this game.)

DeletedUser283

I agree :)
while we waited for new content, I suppressed some residences that I did not need anymore, and the I had to build 2 more in order to have enough population for the upgrades following new researches...
it is a long and painful process, and maybe it would have been more comfortable if I could just lower some of them :)
but this is a city builder, and I am afraid that they want us to weight the consequences of any decision :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wonder why we didn't hear from our efficiency expert? He of the "least possible clicks" should be chiming in here to register his displeasure that some players would have an opportunity to use more clicks to achieve a diverse possible outcome. It would give others unfair advantage over him, since he wouldn't ever be able to utilize a partial take-down, since it would violate the "no click zone" approach.