• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Survey failed to "tease" out player insight

edeba

I just completed the survey that I got on my live server. I can't get into beta right now so no idea if it came here, but I was very disappointed in the design of the survey.

There was not a separation of the FA events from Special events so I simply had to assume that special events included the FA events.

They are asking how "special events" affect spending by asking if you've spent money because of these, but they are totally missing that I've boycotted spending for months on end, including for events I actually like, because of the FA, whereas I've often spent on the special events to get the grand prizes. I don't think I missed one before the FA.

They also didn't ask a question about the various kinds of events or kinds of prizes. I have no motivation to spend for any of the set buildings, they annoy me so much, I can't wait until I get something half decent to replace them on beta.

Value is also very important. I quite enjoyed the set up of the new special events, but as someone who has spent on many of special events, and purchased diamonds for this, I was enormous disappointed in the overall value of what I got for the money I spent, so I most likely will not be spending for the next event, or if I do, I will be highly selective. I got 5 wishing wells, which if I actually tried to use at the cost of the event and the poor odds, I might not get a single time instant or tournament booster, and I have to invest a massive amount of land and work to potentially end up losing my bet. These wishing wells really are only good prizes for free players, and I can't give mine away. I think time instants and tournament boosters ended up costing about $5-15/each and I had already purchased the diamonds and had no prior concept of how few I would get or I would not have spent. It was extremely disappointing.