• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Solstice

Karvest

I never bought KP using boosted goods, saving low prices for events, but I still have low enough price in coins to finish all mandatory "buy KP" quests without touching goods or instants, using only MH coins pool. Despite of spending some coins on KP every day.

Luna Star

The events are increasingly decadent, the missions when they are improving the prizes are refusals, now this summer event is another disappointment, missions with no concept where those in the initial chapters can not perform and complete the missions, appeared again the missions followed by encounters and relics, many products and supplies of 1 and 2 days with large quantities, so I have almost neighbors on the map and the brotherhoods almost without movement.
Put the missions of the last events that were satisfactory and the extras for the hurried and wealthy ones that are in the events, place to unlock expansion, upgrade level 15 or more, make 30 meetings and then get 50 relics, so it is good for everyone , the rush completes the missions and those who pay are those who are still crawling. Now does the innocent pay for the sinner? The prizes are increasingly decadent, huge and now we have to gain upgrade every 40 units won on the clothesline? The awards that are interspersed are negligible and unnecessary. Put structures that produce profit from the portal, we are already tired of coins and PCs that already have many ways to achieve, not to mention that the crops we earn provide these items, they serve only to be disenchanted. The event has lost the desire to exchange flowers for Baus, although they are providing much better prepaid, but the daily prizes besides huge are not rewarding.
I think the discontent is very great in front of the abando of players by the game.
I was in love with the game, today I'm almost abandoning.
Events are fun is like taking a vacation, long weekend, going to parties and meeting friends, but lately is more to go to a wake ...

DeletedUser

@Karvest, that’s about the only reason I bought kps – for event quests. It didn’t even dawn on me to buy kps to do my research until yesterday. I used around 40k in my boosted goods to get my research closer to being finished so I don’t ruin my map for quest 10. Yes, I’m still on quest 10… It shaved off 6 days of research. I have all the goods to complete the chapter but am waiting on kps to finish the research. After that, I’ll sit and upgrade my wonders and maybe just wait to finish the map until the next event. I may actually have to use my gold instants for future events where we need to buy kps. But I like those quests, because it gives me goodies as well as move my research or wonders ahead.

Buying kps with goods isn’t something I will do a lot unless I’m stuck like this event.

@Luna Star while it’s a bit hard to understand your post, for me it’s sheer boredom that usually makes me take breaks from the game. I understand why people in fellowships do tournaments and fellowship adventures, there is nothing to do for someone like me but wait for events. Personally, I wish they had several events going on at once. Then when I’m stuck with one, I can still work on another event.

The prizes are all good, it just depends on how you’ve built your city. You have 10 workshops, delete 5 of them. I’ve looked through the chapter quests and I can only find 1 quest that requires 5 workshops. It’s also why the tome and endless excavation wonders are important to my city. I’m trying to build my city to use all of the event buildings and wonders that they offer. The phoenix and Stonehenge buildings, besides the crafting are two of the best things they have added to the game. I look forward to getting more artifacts (and royal restoration spells) for these buildings. And now know, those are the only buildings I will use royal restoration spells on.

Edit: who keeps changing my text that i have to keep changing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Karvest I'm talking about how one builds their city. You have 40+ level 1 factories to finish the event, the Stonehenge offers more things than having those. kps for wonders, extra seeds, population, culture, mana - while it may not be as good as other event buildings, it is definitely better than all that empty space. I also don't have set buildings that offer that many different things, so I have no idea if older set buildings are better than the stonehenge.

Same with the Aureate, some don't think it was worth it, why? because they overbuilt their boosted goods.

I have built my city very different from most players (maybe all players lol) but I use every building. That's all I'm saying, you can't say something is terrible if you've built your city where something isn't needed.

Edit: will someone stop editing my posts geez...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

Same with the Aureate, some don't think it was worth it, why? because they overbuilt their boosted goods.
No such thing exists. You can't overbuild your city with boosted manufacturies. Once you start cattering in tournament, you can spend milions of goods there. And we produce much more goods with only boosted manufactiories.
You have chosen to do differently - i get it, it's your own business to do. I personally, even if I had 10 times my current production, I still could use it whole.

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys sorry I don't understand what you're saying. You still use the Aureate? I know Edeba uses hers and I'm using mine because I just bought a lot of kps with my boosted goods, no tournaments needed for that. :p

Lovec Krys

@soleil I'm using fire. And outside of events i occasionaly buy KPs only when my coin stock is full (and spend them in wonders - but to level them by bought KPs would require much more coins & goods than I'll ever have).

DeletedUser2526

Could the Fragments be made a little larger??? As an "AHEM, OLDER FOLKS" I have a hard time with little pieces.... Thanks...

DeletedUser

This quickly becomes unsustainable.
Tournaments are much more effective.
There hasn't been a tournament that i've seen that only uses my boosted goods. I bought around 160 kps for this event to work on my research because I was caught in the middle of a chapter. It's not something I'm going to do all of the time, I'm patient enough for natural kps. How many provinces would I need to do to gain 160 kps? is it even possible for a chapter 4 person to get that many in a tournament?

@Lovec Krys if you put all the buildings together that can produce what the aureate can, or the stonehenge the footprint is much bigger. For me the aureate takes 16 tiles versus 28 tiles for the buildings to do the same thing plus the 100% boost twice, which at my level no other building can do.

Maillie

I have a city in Live that has finished Constructs some time ago. I have millions of my tier one boosted and if I need a few kp for something it's a no brainer how to pay for it. I only have 2 of the boosted t1 manufactories left. The former Archmage in that city always used coins for purchasing kp. He now has to come up with 2 million coins to purchase a single kp for an event. I'm up to about 10k planks, which I feel no pain in spending. As far as using it in tournaments, I do when it's needed in catering, but it's never the only thing needed. We all play a little differently because it's a game, and I'm still enjoying it.

Lovec Krys

@soleil 430 (T2 unboosted 3h) vs 3750 (T2 boosted 3h) goods on the same level(24 both). Even with aureate lv 10 running 100% of the time (impossible to do so - not enough pet food production for doing that), you simply can't get 430 even near to 3750. And I'm not even counting that I can use magic manufactoring spell (+65% production for almost 17 hrs in a single manufactory (it's higher and logner due wonder influence), the 65% is real rise = 6187 instead of 3750 for T2 3h).
To achieve the same production with unboosted, my village is not big enough.
How you get boosted into unboosted? Simply - through market. If you have problems with market, that's unfortunate for you, but nothing I can do with that.

For me, Fire was the only option, due to bonuses counting from base and not from total, the other two effects were laughable for me. And as a bonus it gives me 5% portal profit each 48hrs indefinitely (portal profit was the reason to build it even in cities where you don't care about tournament much (if you can get it at least to lv 9)).

Jaxom

I am starting to buy more KPs with goods since I finished Constructs. Still have excess coins everyday so buying some with those.
I thought it was ironic that Constructs had mandatory quest to have at least 6 goods buildings at level 25 but the need for goods keeps decreasing. There is no need for Sentient beyond upgrading and tech research. Little use for T1-3 in research, only tournaments. So I can't justify having a large number of goods buildings anymore. One boosted each for T4-6 gets me through new chapters just fine.

Fire phoenix made the most sense for me even though my FS isn't big in tournaments. Rarely cater. Just keep training troops (my only good use for supplies!)

Not sure I will put up Stonehenge. I have plenty of event buildings that I haven't put up yet. This might be another one. Sort of depends on how many upgrade things I get.

edeba

Something about the color choice/font made this difficult for me to read. I can usually skim fairly quickly, but my brain didn't interpret a thing...

The events are increasingly decadent, the missions when they are improving the prizes are refusals, now this summer event is another disappointment, missions with no concept where those in the initial chapters can not perform and complete the missions, appeared again the missions followed by encounters and relics, many products and supplies of 1 and 2 days with large quantities, so I have almost neighbors on the map and the brotherhoods almost without movement.
Put the missions of the last events that were satisfactory and the extras for the hurried and wealthy ones that are in the events, place to unlock expansion, upgrade level 15 or more, make 30 meetings and then get 50 relics, so it is good for everyone , the rush completes the missions and those who pay are those who are still crawling. Now does the innocent pay for the sinner? The prizes are increasingly decadent, huge and now we have to gain upgrade every 40 units won on the clothesline? The awards that are interspersed are negligible and unnecessary. Put structures that produce profit from the portal, we are already tired of coins and PCs that already have many ways to achieve, not to mention that the crops we earn provide these items, they serve only to be disenchanted. The event has lost the desire to exchange flowers for Baus, although they are providing much better prepaid, but the daily prizes besides huge are not rewarding.
I think the discontent is very great in front of the abando of players by the game.
Events are fun is like taking a vacation, long weekend, going to parties and meeting friends, but lately is more to go to a wake ...

Buttrflwr

@RandomNo. I agree with you on the past 3 events, quests doable, prizes worth the effort. Are you actually doing this event? It is lackluster at best, and downright boring, annoying and NOT worth putting much effort in at worst. You and I usually see eye to eye, but not this time! :D :p I don't have space for a bldg that just doesn't give me much bang for all of my effort, no matter how "pretty" it is. I would have kept my "protector of the forest" or whatever way back when if that was the case. Even the dailies have so far been...lackluster...if I want to be nice about it. As I previously predicted way back on page 2 of this thread, I won't be putting a lot of effort in this on live, I haven't here, and I have a WHOLE lot more room than I do in live, and actually have tech to research and provinces for expansion, and less than 4 to 5 day scouts. So, the only conclusion I can come to is.... INNO HATES US! :p :D :eek::cool:

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys maybe a picture will help what I'm trying to explain about the aureate

aureate.JPG

This is for me when I was at chapter 3 at stage 5. The aureate does all of this (using boosted for you) and this is a 3h production rate which means you would have to collect 8 times every day and not miss one. I used a 303% production rate as well. This is 24 tiles and currently in game we don't have another building that can be used in place of the pet food to boost production to 403%, at my level. If we did add more tiles. The aureate is 16 tiles.

I understand what you're saying about less goods but they are adding more activities. Yayyy.

I really don't have to trade because of my storm boosting my non-boosted and I'm patient with kps. By the time I have the kps for research, i have enough in the non-boosted goods. I do trade occasionally for wonder building needs because those are usually so high. One of my neighbors was gracious enough a few weeks ago to cross-trade with me to prepare for the wonder upgrades for level 5.

I hope this makes sense.

Luna Star

Something about the color choice/font made this difficult for me to read. I can usually skim fairly quickly, but my brain didn't interpret a thing...