• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Suggestion about Helping Neighbours

DeletedUser141

I noticed a couple of times that I received some supplies when I have given some "neighbourly help" to another player, though most of the time I don't. To see why this was I looked in the Wiki and discovered you only receive it when someone helping someone who has helped you in the last 24 hours.

I regularly help my neighbours which means I'm often first so I rarely receive the bonus supplies whereas they are always able to receive them as they respond to my help. But, if I don't help but wait to get helped, I don't receive much if any help as a lot of players only help those who have helped them, so I still don't get the bonus supplies. It seems I have the option of helping to get my coins but not receive any bonus supplies or not helping and receive nothing or little in the way of help.

It seems to me that the way it is at the moment it would discourage players from helping unless they have previously been helped whereas in my opinion it would be far better if you received the bonus supplies for being the first to help, thus encouraging players to help more readily as they are rewarded for their efforts .

DeletedUser236

Or maybe just reward both players if they help eachother? So you get your supplies right after the other player returned the help/favour? :)

DeletedUser31

You get bonus supplies if you return the favor in 24 hours. So I think it's only an issue if your neighbor motivates you right after you helped them. Then you only have a thin window of help. (But it's at least one hour, because you can help them every 23 hours).

So examples, because I can't English. :D

Example one:
A motivates B at 8:00. B returns the favor at 8:05, gets coins AND bonus supplies. A can help B again the next day from 7:00 to 8:05 to get coins AND bonus supplies. It's 65 minutes.

Example two:
A motivates B at 8:00. B returns the favor at 20:00. B gets coins AND bonus supplies. A can help B again the next day from 7:00 to 20:00 to get coins AND bonus supplies. It's 660 minutes.

Example three:
A motivates B at 8:00. B didn't log in that day, only the next day at 9:00, and returns the favor at 9:00 (25 hours later). B only gets coins. A now has 24 hours to return the favor and get coins AND bonus supplies.

So as I see it, if you log in regularly, and do motivations every day at almost the same time, you are able to get bonus supplies. You have this way at least a 1 hour window to do this (because you can help every 23 hour, but you get bonus in 24 hours).

DeletedUser126

You get A LOT as your Town Hall upgrades at lv 13 Town hall i get 9k gold and 900 tools per 1 motivation and i have around 50-60 people explored. Do the math :D I cant understand why people dont motivate back, i know they are active but only few do it.

DeletedUser

Very few are at level though Khebeln. At this moment you may as well be playing a separate game to most of us as you are so far ahead. I get around 1k gold and 100 tools .. still nothing to turn down though.

DeletedUser141

The issue is unless someone motivates you, you can't motivate them back to get the reward and a lot of players don't motivate until you motivate them which means you never receive the reward.

DeletedUser58

The issue is unless someone motivates you, you can't motivate them back to get the reward and a lot of players don't motivate until you motivate them which means you never receive the reward.
You can help all players you've discovered regardless of whether or not they're helping you, and in the process earn yourself coin (and supplies if your town hall is a high enough level). Simply go to the world map, click on a discovered player's city, click on the "two hands" icon in the top left corner below their avatar, and choose one of the buildings that shows that same icon.

I get a good number of coin on a daily basis solely by visiting other players. Only a few return the favor but the coin isn't little so it's still okay.

DeletedUser

I think Abbygail knows that, ThePhantom. What she means is she can't get the supplies bonus because she motivates first. However, you can get the bonus the next day, since you can help your neighbour again after 23 hours which is still within the 24 hours you have to receive it.

DeletedUser58

Ohh I think I missed out on some info. Just re-read Hoshi's post. Thanks Nosferatu, got it now. :)

DeletedUser

I love that they give extra stuff to people to enourrage that they motivate back. But somehow I don't like that lazy/loner/inactive players get a bonues and active players don't, it just rubs me the wrong way.

DeletedUser231

I visit everyone. Get good stuff even at my low level. If most of them do not want to visit me, I am fine with that. I appreciate the ones who do even more. I have written alot of players around me but so far to date only a few have actually answered me. Most of my mail to others goes unnoticed and never gets replied.

DeletedUser95

agree with RugBug ! .....all I hope that treading with neighbors will get better,

DeletedUser

If i understand, the first which help dont receive the bonus supplies ?

That's a bug or not ?

DeletedUser

I am not completly sure, but the one timer is 24h and the other 23h. So it works if both are fast enough.

DeletedUser

I am not sure of the timer lengths but if what you say is correct then it works unless you are too fast. If you are aided and then the other aids right away you may not have a window to return the aid in time. If you aid and 12 hours later he aids you then you have 11 hours to return the aid.

DeletedUser231

I am gonna build a huge Main Hall. That way it will finance other stuffs when I sneak peeky at all my neighbors.

DeletedUser58

You help someone and you get a timer of 23h after which you can help again; the other person at the same time gets a 24h timer and if they return your help in that period they get supplies as well. When return the help, they give you a 24h window in which you need to help them in order to get supplies. So even if someone returns the help right away, you'd still have about 1h window to help and receive supplies.

HOWEVER, you get nothing if the other person doesn't return any of your help or they're simply inactive. This is ridiculously discouraging and crippling (if I have 30 neighbors of which only 5 return the help, and I'm meant to get 200 supplies from each person, instead of getting 6000 supplies I'll only get 1000 and that is on a daily basis so you'd be losing a lot more in general).

DeletedUser231

An idea would be to grade players in a different ranking system based on their amount of help they give to their neighbors as an incentive...Maybe I will put up that idea.

DeletedUser442

Personally I find the timer of 24 hours before you can help a neighbor again, too long. At some point I have to skip 'a day' because of the timer.
I rather have it once a day, preferably based on my own timezone.

When it comes to rewarding supplies. I feel it should be 24 hours from the moment that neighbor has helped you. .. perhaps 36 hours when you keep in mind that people all over the globe play this game.